Author Topic: Ran Paul for Mitt's Running Mate  (Read 797 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ran Paul for Mitt's Running Mate
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
What do you think?  Would Mitt choose him?  Would he accept?  Would it rally the rabid RP supporters?

He was elected to national office in the same year as Rubio, and everyone says he has adequate experience. Rand being on the ticket would pretty much satisfy the far-right religious and constitutional base, right?  And Ron Paul did go VERY easy on Mitt in the primary race, prompting many to believe he wanted to be veep.  What if it was for his SON to get the vp nod?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ran Paul for Mitt's Running Mate
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:56:46 PM »
I prefer Ron paul.    We need people like ran in the senate to keep communists in check.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
I prefer Ron paul.    We need people like ran in the senate to keep communists in check.

but he's old, could have a senile moment, and was dissed bigtime by the folks like Levin.  And a LOT of repub voters do whatever fox radio tells them.

Rand has all the crediblity of his dad + none of the Iran drama.

Plus, Mitt + Rand could run the country for 16 years, ideally.  Rand is young enough.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
I posted a thread about this a month or two ago when the story on this came out and some of the Paul club went ballistic. I still think it's very plausible, though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
I posted a thread about this a month or two ago when the story on this came out and some of the Paul club went ballistic. I still think it's very plausible, though.

its starting to make sense.  WOuld explain why ron paul went easy on him.  Would explain why rand has been so quiet lately.   I think Rand has fewer Q marks than Rubio.... and way more credibility.  You don't grow up with ron paul as your dad and not develop a set of morals ppl can trust.  Rubio seems like a yes man that wants it too bad. 

finally, romney knows he needs something to make ppl passionate about him.  The whole "i hate obama" only goes so far.  You give the ron paul revoluvation army a reason to get busy, adn thhey will.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
but he's old, could have a senile moment, and was dissed bigtime by the folks like Levin.  And a LOT of repub voters do whatever fox radio tells them.

Mark Levin. Yikes. the guy's larynx and voicebox should be surgically removed, burned, and the ashes should be sent by rocket into the sun. What a truly obnoxious, annoying voice...

Rand has all the crediblity of his dad + none of the Iran drama.

I don't think Rand Paul has the credibility of Ron Paul. Credibility isn't in your genes. Ron Paul is credible because he can rationally defend and explain his views and positions, he doesn't flip-flop or change his views based on what pollsters or the expediency of the moment.

As for Rand Paul? Who knows. He needs to prove himself.

Plus, Mitt + Rand could run the country for 16 years, ideally.  Rand is young enough.

Statements like "run the country" amuse me to no end. The President isn't a King and, no matter how far you stretch the terms, he doesn't run the country. The only thing he "runs" is the Executive Branch of the United States Government, and as I'm sure you would agree, the Executive Branch isn't the country.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
This idea has been ponied up and considered even by Ron Paul haters such as myself. I think it would be a mistake. It would be atleast half as bad as McCain picking Joe Lieberman as his VP in 2008. (I was horrified to learn that McCain seriously considered that. It would have been even dumber than him picking Palin.)
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:32:58 AM »
I think Ron Paul's view on foreign policy hurt him more than anything else in this primary race. It would be interesting to see what Rand's views were.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
I think Ron Paul's view on foreign policy hurt him more than anything else in this primary race. It would be interesting to see what Rand's views were.

I think the public's brainwashed minds hurt him more than anything else.  There's nothing wrong with Paul's foreign policy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 04:56:50 AM »
Mark Levin. Yikes. the guy's larynx and voicebox should be surgically removed, burned, and the ashes should be sent by rocket into the sun. What a truly obnoxious, annoying voice...

I don't think Rand Paul has the credibility of Ron Paul. Credibility isn't in your genes. Ron Paul is credible because he can rationally defend and explain his views and positions, he doesn't flip-flop or change his views based on what pollsters or the expediency of the moment.

As for Rand Paul? Who knows. He needs to prove himself.

Statements like "run the country" amuse me to no end. The President isn't a King and, no matter how far you stretch the terms, he doesn't run the country. The only thing he "runs" is the Executive Branch of the United States Government, and as I'm sure you would agree, the Executive Branch isn't the country.
Obama disagrees  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 06:40:08 AM »
This idea has been ponied up and considered even by Ron Paul haters such as myself. I think it would be a mistake. It would be atleast half as bad as McCain picking Joe Lieberman as his VP in 2008. (I was horrified to learn that McCain seriously considered that. It would have been even dumber than him picking Palin.)

I dislike liebermann a lot, but think he would have been worlds better than palin.

while liebermann was whiny and all over the place, he was perceived as competent.  60% of voters said palin wasn't even ready to be veep, fact.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 07:00:44 AM »
I dislike liebermann a lot, but think he would have been worlds better than palin.

while liebermann was whiny and all over the place, he was perceived as competent. 60% of voters said palin wasn't even ready to be veep, fact.
And this means what? Mob rules? Cause the mob said so that makes it so? I dont know how she would have done - but that doesnt make the majority right.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »
I think the public's brainwashed minds hurt him more than anything else.  There's nothing wrong with Paul's foreign policy.

QFT.