Author Topic: Lee on Cutting down  (Read 1989 times)

JohnnyMontana

• Getbig I
Lee on Cutting down
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:24:09 PM »
I've read about a lot of techniques on cutting down bodyfat while retaining muscle and wanted to know if you have a specific approach to it. 
My method is the "slow" cardio approach of doing an hour at a time with my heart rate around 116 first early in the morning on an empty stomach.
Do you have separate cardio sessions or do you do cardio right after a workout, and if so do you have a protein shake or anything right after the workout before the cardio. I'm just afraid that the body will start to use muscle as energy instead of fat if I don't give it a fuel between the two. Any advice would be awesome. Not too many pro's or competitors up here in MT to talk with and I'm not too trusting on the mainstream magazines for real advice.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Lee on Cutting down
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:54 AM »
MORNING THEN AFTER MY LATE WORKOUT AT NIGHT..SOMETIMES I DO IT 3X ADAY

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
MORNING THEN AFTER MY LATE WORKOUT AT NIGHT..SOMETIMES I DO IT 3X ADAY
3 times a day. Lee I think you are eating to much.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »
Lee, I'm dieting also, are u big on the pre and workout drinks or meals?  Cause, I am too concerned about losing alot of muscle during dieting.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:11 AM »
WELL I WOULD RATHER EAT MORE AND DO EXTRA CARDIO THEN BE HUNGRY ALL DAY AND NIGHT.....

PRE WORKOUIT DRINKS..NAH I JUST EAT BREAKFAST AND GO TRAIN AFTER THAT .......

JohnnyMontana

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
Hey thanks for simplifying it for me. I've watched Jay Cutler DVD's and he approaches things everything with a pseudo-scientific approach which made me overcomplicate things(Note to self:he's a pro and I'm a college student). So pretty much train hard, eat clean(most of the time), and dish-a-prin make the bodybuilder. Thanks again.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »
WELL I WOULD RATHER EAT MORE AND DO EXTRA CARDIO THEN BE HUNGRY ALL DAY AND NIGHT.....

PRE WORKOUIT DRINKS..NAH I JUST EAT BREAKFAST AND GO TRAIN AFTER THAT .......
You don't take the pre and post workout drinks from CEL?

That's what I like most about Lee, he still enjoys his training and the whole bodybuilding lifestyle.  When I watch other DVD's, I see guys that are so anal with their training.  Skip Lacour doesn't even talk during his training.  They say they have to concentrate and focus.  When I train, I train hard, but between sets, I laugh and joke with my partner.  I don't know how people can give going like that.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »
YEP KEEP IT SIMPLE

YEAH I TAKE IT SERIUOS AT CONTEST TIME AND LIKE YOU BETWEEN SETS I JOKE AROUND AND SHIT...YOU GO MAD OTHERWISE...I LAUGH WHEN I SEE GUYS WHO DONT TALK...LOOK MAD AND LOOK LIKE A LION PACING THE CAGE WITH THEIR HEADPHONES ON...CALM DOWN WANKER....AND JUST LIFT THE WEIGHT..NO NEED TO PRANCE AROUND AND MAKE NOISE.....

YES I HAVE BEEN TAKING CEL NOX BEFORE I TRAIN..BUT NOT FOR THE REASON OF DIEITNG TO HOLD ON TO MASS THOU.....YOU GET A GREAT PUMP WITH IT...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:41:03 PM »
YEP KEEP IT SIMPLE

YEAH I TAKE IT SERIUOS AT CONTEST TIME AND LIKE YOU BETWEEN SETS I JOKE AROUND AND SHIT...YOU GO MAD OTHERWISE...I LAUGH WHEN I SEE GUYS WHO DONT TALK...LOOK MAD AND LOOK LIKE A LION PACING THE CAGE WITH THEIR HEADPHONES ON...CALM DOWN WANKER....AND JUST LIFT THE WEIGHT..NO NEED TO PRANCE AROUND AND MAKE NOISE.....

so true. saw this the other day at the gym... half of these guys have a lil size but too much bodyfat or no proportion and they walk around like they are mr. olympia....assholes with a complex...like u said 'CALM DOWN WANKER' ... i always see it at the gym lol
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!