Author Topic: NC - LSU vs...  (Read 4696 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: NC - LSU vs...
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
i wasnt talking about this year, i said "over the last few seasons".

I am really spacing out, but Mack Brown just needs to step down.  :-\ I mean, Texas can recruit anyone and tell the rest of the 4*'s to get fuckin lost!
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
I hear you man. Just giving you a hard time. LOL. I actually want to see OK St vs LSU. As much as a homer SEC fan I am. I don't care to see BAMA vs LSU. LMAO that shit was boring as hell lol. They had their shot at home and lost.

Ok St would get WAAAAY MORE coverage nationally than Bama vs LSU. we'll see later in the day if Ok St jumped bama. I said last night they'd need to smash OU and they did so we'll see.
im just not a huge fan of defensive struggles and 10-7 or 7-3 football games, i would love to see that run and gun OK State offense against that CRAZY LSU defense and see who would come out on top.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
I am really spacing out, but Mack Brown just needs to step down.  :-\ I mean, Texas can recruit anyone and tell the rest of the 4*'s to get fuckin lost!
i agree on Mack, i cant understand how with over 300 incredible recruits in the state of Texas every year you can miss out on so many i mean its the damn Texas Longhorns after all, at the same time you cant tell me that mack doesnt havesome athletes in that locker room, i think theyre just a young team right now.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »
http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversations/_/id/7315073/alabama-crimson-tide-stay-no-2-associated-press-top-25-poll-ahead-oklahoma-state-cowboys

Coaches poll and AP kept Bama at #2. AP doesnt count for the BCS tally, but the coaches poll does. So now its up to the computers and the Harris poll. Rankings come out on ESPN tonight at 815 EST I think.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
im just not a huge fan of defensive struggles and 10-7 or 7-3 football games, i would love to see that run and gun OK State offense against that CRAZY LSU defense and see who would come out on top.

I just do not wanna see a re-match, but i am pretty sure that the computers love the SEC (Special Ed Conference)
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversations/_/id/7315073/alabama-crimson-tide-stay-no-2-associated-press-top-25-poll-ahead-oklahoma-state-cowboys

Coaches poll and AP kept Bama at #2. AP doesnt count for the BCS tally, but the coaches poll does. So now its up to the computers and the Harris poll. Rankings come out on ESPN tonight at 815 EST I think.
Gundy has a right to be pissed.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 11:11:04 AM »

same here. LSU is lazy out the gates..so OK st get up early plus a late LSU rally = fabulous national championship game imo.

I have a pal went to OK St and he predicted this year his squad was super tight. I didn't believe him, but they are pretty explosive. Would be a good match up. Let's see how the BCS squares it up. I have a feeling that Iowa st loss will kill it though being bama only loss was to LSU and LSU had an insane strength of schedule this year. Think they played 6 or 7 top ranked teams.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
same here. LSU is lazy out the gates..so OK st get up early plus a late LSU rally = fabulous national championship game imo.

I have a pal went to OK St and he predicted this year his squad was super tight. I didn't believe him, but they are pretty explosive. Would be a good match up. Let's see how the BCS squares it up. I have a feeling that Iowa st loss will kill it though being bama only loss was to LSU and LSU had an insane strength of schedule this year. Think they played 6 or 7 top ranked teams.
if any team in the country has corners who can at least contain Justin Blackmon its LSU.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »
i agree on Mack, i cant understand how with over 300 incredible recruits in the state of Texas every year you can miss out on so many i mean its the damn Texas Longhorns after all, at the same time you cant tell me that mack doesnt havesome athletes in that locker room, i think theyre just a young team right now.

Maybe. They are "The Longhorns" and they have so much talent every single year! I mean, Texas is where every kid wants to go. Texas is not like Florida where you have "Three Major programs." Florida is loaded with talent too, but those kids have three to choose from. Texas has a top 3-5 class every year and they might take 5 kids from out of state who are the cream on the crop at whatever position Texas needs.
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Maybe. They are "The Longhorns" and they have so much talent every single year! I mean, Texas is where every kid wants to go. Texas is not like Florida where you have "Three Major programs." Florida is loaded with talent too, but those kids have three to choose from. Texas has a top 3-5 class every year and they might take 5 kids from out of state who are the cream on the crop at whatever position Texas needs.
thats what i cant understand, the only thing i can think of is that obviously Stoops is getting a bunch of kids and also with the improved facilities OK State is getting a bunch now.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »
thats what i cant understand, the only thing i can think of is that obviously Stoops is getting a bunch of kids and also with the improved facilities OK State is getting a bunch now.

Hmmm....Will Muschamp could not have hurt that much, could it? I mean, Texas did not even make a bowl game last year. And Texas should not have beaten Texas A&M this year, but that fucking stupid ass penalty gave Texas the game......
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »
Hmmm....Will Muschamp could not have hurt that much, could it? I mean, Texas did not even make a bowl game last year. And Texas should not have beaten Texas A&M this year, but that fucking stupid ass penalty gave Texas the game......
i think Muschamp was and is perfect for the role he played, Defensive Coordinator, i dont think hes going to be a successful head coach.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
i think Muschamp was and is perfect for the role he played, Defensive Coordinator, i dont think hes going to be a successful head coach.

Yea, but Muschamp was the DC at Texas last year and they went 5-7.  :-\ :-\ Muschamp inherited a fuckin mess that Urban Creyer left.  8) But, Florida had one of the best recruiting classes that i have ever seen...two years ago i think with Sheriff Floyd, Ronald Powell (#1 Player in the country), Matt Elam, Dominique Easley,..etc on Defense and look at them.  :-\ I can understand the offense, but not the defense. I think Meyer is overrated because if i remember correctly, Spurrier won with Charlie Strong as DC and now look at Strong doing pretty good at Louisville.  :o Who would have thought that? Not my ass. And Urban also had Dan Mullen who is now the HC at Mississippi State, but is the likely next HC at Penn State.
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
Yea, but Muschamp was the DC at Texas last year and they went 5-7.  :-\ :-\ Muschamp inherited a fuckin mess that Urban Creyer left.  8) But, Florida had one of the best recruiting classes that i have ever seen...two years ago i think with Sheriff Floyd, Ronald Powell (#1 Player in the country), Matt Elam, Dominique Easley,..etc on Defense and look at them.  :-\ I can understand the offense, but not the defense. I think Meyer is overrated because if i remember correctly, Spurrier won with Charlie Strong as DC and now look at Strong doing pretty good at Louisville.  :o Who would have thought that? Not my ass. And Urban also had Dan Mullen who is now the HC at Mississippi State, but is the likely next HC at Penn State.
hahahaa, why would ANYONE take that job? they'll be lucky to get a high school coach to take over that mess.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
hahahaa, why would ANYONE take that job? they'll be lucky to get a high school coach to take over that mess.

Not sure, but Mullen who everyone is talking about. I always thought Greg Schiano (SP) was waiting for Joe Pa to step down and they would call him, but not now, or maybe...i think it would be nice to see Mullen face off against Meyer, but i have no clue who would wanna take over that mess.  :-\
D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
if OSU is left out of the National Chamionship it will be a crime, how can you have a team that didnt even win its SUB CONFERENCE let alone win its CONFERENCE in the title game, the BCS game should be LSU vs. Oklahoma State, case closed.
I agreee, but don't know if it is going to turn out that way. LSU #1

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
I agreee, but don't know if it is going to turn out that way. LSU #1

And it is going to be Bama and LSU. Please change the system!!
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
SEC championship IS the national championship....5 straight years....and there will be another SEC natl champion this year.  Alabama's only loss was to the #1 team in the nation....Ok St lost to Iowa St ?  C'mon, get out of here with that shit. 

#7 on LSU is the most exciting player in college football......by a mile.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »
Not sure, but Mullen who everyone is talking about. I always thought Greg Schiano (SP) was waiting for Joe Pa to step down and they would call him, but not now, or maybe...i think it would be nice to see Mullen face off against Meyer, but i have no clue who would wanna take over that mess.  :-\

Haha,Schiano can't even win the Big East!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »

Haha,Schiano can't even win the Big East!

:D
D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
There is the SEC...and then everybody else.  Alabama alone is going to have more players drafted to the NFL than the entire Big East combined.  There isn't a non-SEC team that can even come close, much less compete, with the top dogs of the SEC.  OSU, OU, Wisconsin, Clemson, Boise State, Oregon, USC.............any of them would have gotten absolutely murdered if they had appeared in the NCG.

For non-SEC fans:  look back to 80s and hell even the 50s for good memories when your team was good.....because a non-SEC team will never, ever win a national championship again.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
There is the SEC...and then everybody else.  Alabama alone is going to have more players drafted to the NFL than the entire Big East combined.  There isn't a non-SEC team that can even come close, much less compete, with the top dogs of the SEC.  OSU, OU, Wisconsin, Clemson, Boise State, Oregon, USC.............any of them would have gotten absolutely murdered if they had appeared in the NCG.

For non-SEC fans:  look back to 80s and hell even the 50s for good memories when your team was good.....because a non-SEC team will never, ever win a national championship again.

That's a ridiculous thing to say... I'm sure all of those years of florida state dominance made people say the same thing about them.

Teams change, things change... Conferences change.

And let's be clear... Alabama does not in any way deserve to be in the BCS National Championship game.

If you do not at least win your conference, you should not go.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »
That's a ridiculous thing to say... I'm sure all of those years of florida state dominance made people say the same thing about them.

Teams change, things change... Conferences change.

And let's be clear... Alabama does not in any way deserve to be in the BCS National Championship game.

If you do not at least win your conference, you should not go.

Even Saban said that himself..... 8)
D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
Personally, I think the OSU and LSU game would probably be much more entertaining, BUT Bama deserves it. If Bama and OSU have the exact same record, then you have to look at the losses they have and how do those compare. A loss to LSU is much more persuasive than a loss to Iowa State. I would even say Stanford has more of a claim to the BCS NC game than OSU. There only loss was to a high powered Oregon team, which I think everyone would agree that Oregon outclasses Iowa State any day of the week. And throw out the whole "well they(Bama) didnt win the conference" for a minute.Who is to say the top 2 teams cannot be in the same conference? One real positive that may come from this, a real 4-8 team playoff system. Especially if the Bammers win.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »
So, LSU finishes the year Co-National Champs because people are fooling themselves if they think LSU won't cry 1-1 in the series if Bama wins.  Also, it's hard to beat the same team twice in a season.  Bama had their chance.  It should have been OSU.