Author Topic: What Gun Laws would you like to see inacted and...  (Read 2977 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
What Gun Laws would you like to see inacted and...
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
how would they have stopped the incidents your using to push them?

Many ppl have asked this question but have not received a full response.

So please in this thread if your pro more gun legislation list what you would like to see and how it would help stop the incidents your using to push it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: What Gun Laws would you like to see inacted and...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
Come on guys, there have been ppl on this board posting non stop about wanting more gun legislation.

what do you want to see inacted and how would it have stopped the incidents your using to push them?

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
I would have it mandatory that every citizen over 21 complete gun training and be required to open carry.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
I would have it mandatory that every citizen over 21 complete gun training and be required to open carry.
this  ;D

also dude pease, the term is enacted

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

See - I have no problem w that. 

I would have no problem w someone required to do something like 10 hours a years training to keep CCW 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
See - I have no problem w that. 

I would have no problem w someone required to do something like 10 hours a years training to keep CCW 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's too easy to get a CCW in FL.  You sit thru a class for 90 minutes, you fire one round, and you fill out your paperwork.  I study the shit outta FL statue 790, my bro shot a dude and konws the laws better than anyone... and we still learn things all the time about the law and its applications.

Last time I went, there were some people who looked unbalanced, insecure, and wanna-be heroes, eagerly taking notes with obvious dreams of trigger time.  Asking Qs like "So can I shoot a guy if..."    shaking my head...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's too easy to get a CCW in FL.  You sit thru a class for 90 minutes, you fire one round, and you fill out your paperwork.  I study the shit outta FL statue 790, my bro shot a dude and konws the laws better than anyone... and we still learn things all the time about the law and its applications.

Last time I went, there were some people who looked unbalanced, insecure, and wanna-be heroes, eagerly taking notes with obvious dreams of trigger time.  Asking Qs like "So can I shoot a guy if..."    shaking my head...

More training would benefit everyone.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »
More training would benefit everyone.   

not just physical training for accuracy, but some serious testing to prove understanding of the law.  All you have to do now is nod along and sign the paper for attendance.

Then you have fcksticks like this guy or zimmerman who scream "stand your ground" and tries to use it everytime he loses his cool and/or causes a violent situation.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
"requiring training" - fascist pieces of shit.

2nd amendment = protect ability of citizens to combat tyrannical government

-government has machine guns, grenades, rockets, jets & helicopters armed with bombs and mahcine guns and missiles, biological and radiological weapons, nukes.

thus, citizens need to have access to such weapons as well.

any restrictions on weaponry are necessarily oppressive and help to defend a tyrannical government from rebellion.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
"requiring training" - fascist pieces of shit.

2nd amendment = protect ability of citizens to combat tyrannical government

-government has machine guns, grenades, rockets, jets & helicopters armed with bombs and mahcine guns and missiles, biological and radiological weapons, nukes.

thus, citizens need to have access to such weapons as well.

any restrictions on weaponry are necessarily oppressive and help to defend a tyrannical government from rebellion.

In another thread you stated that knifes are an effective weapon as far as gorilla warfare goes.  Knifes are but guns aren't? ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
not just physical training for accuracy, but some serious testing to prove understanding of the law.  All you have to do now is nod along and sign the paper for attendance.

Then you have fcksticks like this guy or zimmerman who scream "stand your ground" and tries to use it everytime he loses his cool and/or causes a violent situation.

I have no issue at all w strict training rewuirements 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
In another thread you stated that knifes are an effective weapon as far as gorilla warfare goes.  Knifes are but guns aren't? ???
  well, which is it?

does the 2nd amendment protect the right to have the arms necessary in order to rebel?

or

does the 2nd amendment protect the right to have the arms that the government has?

if its simply the right to the arms that are necessary for a rebellion, one could easily make the cause that knives alone are all that is needed. maybe bow and arrows.  if a guerrilla warfare unit worked intelligently and attacked the right people at the right time, these weapons alone could provide enough arms in order to fight tyranny.

if it is the right to bear the same arms as the government, then we need to have missiles and tanks and nukes.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
  well, which is it?

does the 2nd amendment protect the right to have the arms necessary in order to rebel?

or

does the 2nd amendment protect the right to have the arms that the government has?

if its simply the right to the arms that are necessary for a rebellion, one could easily make the cause that knives alone are all that is needed. maybe bow and arrows.  if a guerrilla warfare unit worked intelligently and attacked the right people at the right time, these weapons alone could provide enough arms in order to fight tyranny.

if it is the right to bear the same arms as the government, then we need to have missiles and tanks and nukes.

The answer is highlighted, the second part is so irrational that I'm not going to address it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »
then really, you dont need any weapons at all. the people could rebel through a non-violent refusal to cooperate with government authority. or they just throw rocks at close range to the jugular of key individuals.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40:55 PM »
then really, you dont need any weapons at all. the people could rebel through a non-violent refusal to cooperate with government authority. or they just throw rocks at close range to the jugular of key individuals.

Or, they could just bear arms like they have for the past 222 years.  :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 10:55:38 PM »
uh, I don't want to be required to carry a firearm ::)

I don't think any new laws are needed.  If they want to start saving kids, there are much bigger priorities to deal with.  Guns are way down the list in what kills kids.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
Or, they could just bear arms like they have for the past 222 years.  :P

:) 

i really dont know how i feel about gun laws, i have no idea where i would draw the line, if i would draw a line, and what kind of line it would be... 

i just know that i find the glorification of guns to be a negative thing, and find it very easy to play devils advocate against 2nd amendment promoters.

in reality im a bit of an anarchist/social darwinist and would probably leave most everything completely legal and allow the will of the people to exert its force on the issue via vigilante action and such, rather than force my values down the throats of everyone.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »
:) 

i really dont know how i feel about gun laws, i have no idea where i would draw the line, if i would draw a line, and what kind of line it would be... 

i just know that i find the glorification of guns to be a negative thing, and find it very easy to play devils advocate against 2nd amendment promoters.

in reality im a bit of an anarchist/social darwinist and would probably leave most everything completely legal and allow the will of the people to exert its force on the issue via vigilante action and such, rather than force my values down the throats of everyone.

YAY!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

This x100

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
 :) that includes nuclear weapons though.

if the people of the world allow some crazy fucker to get hold of a nuke and he decides to use it..  well, the planet probably deserves what it gets.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:09 AM »
:) that includes nuclear weapons though.

if the people of the world allow some crazy fucker to get hold of a nuke and he decides to use it..  well, the planet probably deserves what it gets.
Just don't go and do it in Chino CA.  They'll fine your ass 500 bucks for it!

"Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine." lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 05:18:37 AM »
10 Facts for Liberals: Why Gun Control Can't Stop Another Newtown Massacre
Townhall.com ^ | December 22, 2012 | John Hawkins
Posted on December 22, 2012 7:15:50 AM EST by Kaslin

There are now calls from the Left for gun control legislation in response to Adam Lanza's unconscionable mass killing of innocent children at Sandy Hook Elementary. However, very few people seem to be asking the most basic question of all before getting started: What gun control legislation could have stopped Adam Lanza?

The answer is "none."

Let's consider a few alternatives:

1) The school was already a "gun free zone;" so obviously that wasn't effective. Of course, the sort of people who would respect a "gun free zone" in the first place are the very ones you wouldn't have to worry about carrying a gun; so it's an almost useless designation.

2) What about closing the supposed "gun show loophole?" Well, since Lanza killed his own mother and used her legally acquired guns for his rampage, making it harder for googly-eyed loners to acquire weapons wouldn't have changed a thing.

3) Some people are calling for a ban on automatic weapons. Setting aside the fact that the regulation of fully automatic weapons is already tighter than Spandex, Adam Lanza didn't use a fully automatic weapon.

4) Then there are calls for the "Assault Weapons Ban" to be reinstated. One problem: the semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle that Lanza used wasn't covered by the bill. So, his mother could have bought that exact same gun with a sheriff looking over her shoulder while the ban was in place.

5) We could, of course, pass a newly updated "Assault Weapons Ban" that covers the semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle. Then, gun manufacturers would try to create weapons that can get around the ban. They would probably be successful. Even if they weren't, it's not as if Lanza was battling Marines. When you're a coward who's attacking unarmed children, any gun will work.

6) We could also ban high-capacity ammunition magazines, but given the 3-5 second reload time, that would have been a minor inconvenience to Adam Lanza at worst. After all, it's not as if a group of small children were going to be able to scamper away or gang up on him during a four second window.

So, what now? Well, let's step into the realm of fantasy and assume that there's no such thing as a 2nd Amendment that provides the public with a Constitutional right to "keep and bear arms." that is every bit as important as the right to free speech and freedom of religion. Let's also pretend that the American public would go along with the following laws and attempts to implement them wouldn't lead to wide scale violence and unrest.

7) Congress could ban the manufacture and sale of bullets and magazines. Given the massive number of bullets and magazines already owned by the public and readily available instructions for making them, this wouldn't stop any determined killer like Adam Lanza. On the other hand, it would lead to a massive black market with tens of millions of previously law abiding Americans buying bullets by the bucketful from back rooms across the country.

8) Congress could also ban the manufacture and sale of guns. Again, that would lead to the creation of a massive black market, but it would also leave roughly 300 million guns in the hands of the American people. In other words, if Adam Lanza had decided to wait until AFTER that law was passed to go on his killing spree, it would have been the same sad story.

9) Then, there's the most extreme step of all: Congress could ban the ownership of guns. One problem: In the vast majority of cases, the government has no record of who owns guns and who doesn't. In most places, those records are kept at the gun store level and are not updated. If the gun is lost, stolen, given away or sold by the individual, there is no record of it. This is a feature, not a bug, and it's designed to prevent exactly the sort of confiscation we're discussing here. So, even if all guns were made illegal, it would be very difficult to enforce, most people wouldn't turn their weapons in and there would probably be two hundred million guns left in the hands of the American public. Would a man like Adam Lanza still be able to acquire a weapon in that situation? Come on, he KILLED HIS OWN MOTHER for a gun; so you can be sure he'd have gotten one elsewhere.

10) Let's go Steven Spielberg on this problem and assume space aliens show up and use some bizarre technology to get rid of all guns. Well, even so, fire and explosives would still exist and as Brian Palmer has noted in Slate, those can be even more effective killers than guns.

Guns aren't even the most lethal mass murder weapon. According to data compiled by Grant Duwe of the Minnesota Department of Corrections, guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82. Of the 25 deadliest mass murders in the 20th century, only 52 percent involved guns.
If gun control advocates like Barack Obama, Michael Bloomberg and Michael Moore, all of whom have armed guards protecting their safety, succeed in making guns less available for law abiding citizens, it wouldn't stop another Newtown massacre, but ironically it would make it easier for rapists, gangs or even the next Adam Lanza to hurt innocent people.

TOPICS: Constitution/Conservatism; Culture/Society; Editorial; Click to Add Topic
KEYWORDS: 2012; banglist; bloomberg; democrats; guncontrol; gunfreezone; guns; massshootings; michaelbloomberg; newtown; obama; sandyhook; secondamendment; youwillnotdisarmus; Click to Add Keyword
[ Report Abuse | Bookmark ]

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
I think making Gun Safes mandatory would be a good thing. You should be held accountable for your piece ending up on the streets.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
 ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
I think making Gun Safes mandatory would be a good thing. You should be held accountable for your piece ending up on the streets.
I wouldnt necessarily be opposed to that...