Author Topic: Will military pay be halted with Govt shutdown?  (Read 2441 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Will military pay be halted with Govt shutdown?
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
what's wrong can't answer the question,you would rather waste your time on the birther post :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
what's wrong can't answer the question,you would rather waste your time on the birther post :D

I don't need to answer anything when we have a 14 Trillion Debt and 1.65 Trillion deficit 

www.usdebtclock.org

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Rep. Allen West (R-FL), a veteran who left the military after admitting to abusing an Iraqi policeman, is now slamming the GOP for exploiting the troops in the government shutdown fight.

The House passed a bill on Thursday funding the military for the next six months and keeping the government open another week, but Democratic leaders rejected the measure over its inclusion of $12 billion of additional cuts. Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has accused Democrats of hurting troops, but West said in a statement to CBS on Thursday that he was "disgusted at the perception that Leaders in my own Party...are now using the men and women in uniform" even as he voted for the measure himself.

"The House Majority has now placed the funding for the Department of Defense and the funding for the troops down as a bargaining chip," West said. "In the last 100 days, the House Majority could have passed at any point in time a separate stand alone Appropriations for the Department of Defense and the funding for our men and women in uniform."

better stop voting for repubs too ;D

he see it for what it is,do you agree with him

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »
Yes.  You traitors on the left should be sent to Elba. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
Yes.  You traitors on the left should be sent to Elba. 

so you agree that the GOP for exploiting the troops in the government shutdown fight. i agree with you too  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
so you agree that the GOP for exploiting the troops in the government shutdown fight. i agree with you too  ;D

They passed a bill funding the troops for 6 months.   The communist/marxist/islamist/traitor obama said he will eto that.   CASE CLOSED.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
The House passed a bill on Thursday funding the military for the next six months and keeping the government open another week, but Democratic leaders rejected the measure over its inclusion of $12 billion of additional cuts. Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has accused Democrats of hurting troops, but West said in a statement to CBS on Thursday that he was "disgusted at the perception that Leaders in my own Party...are now using the men and women in uniform" even as he voted for the measure himself.

your man don't see it that way ;D he is the guy you said would be a good pres ,right. he seen it for what it is,and your a repub kneepad ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
Obama and the treasonous left are doing a great job showing everyone just howe bad they are.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »
Obama and the treasonous left and right are doing a great job showing everyone just howe bad they are.   

i made the correction for you ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »
i made the correction for you ;D

Obama: I’ll Shut Down the Government and Suspend Military Pay
Big Government ^ | 4/7/11 | Mike Flynn

Rather than accept a few billion in budget cuts (read rounding error), President Obama has signaled his willingness to shut down the federal government. (Yah!) For those keeping score at home, any government shutdown that happens is on Obama’s plate. He is the President. All on him.

The worst part of this whole debate is the Obama Administration’s decision to hold military pay hostage to the budget debate. For the last few decades, government shutdowns have been guided by an OMB directive issued during the Reagan Administration. Under this directive, military personnel would continue to receive the paychecks while politicians argued about the budget. The Clinton Administration, during the last government shutdown, kept the paychecks flowing.

But, not Obama.

The Obama Administration has overturned the old OMB directive and has decided to suspend military paychecks if there is a government shutdown. No reason to do it…but they have decided to. Reprehensible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »
The Obama Administration Prepared to Deem Soldiers “Non-Essential” Workers
Verum Serum ^ | 4/7/11 | John

Americans may not like wars in the Middle East but they love the men and women who serve in them. If this story is true, and right now it seems to be, then I think Democrats have just destroyed any hope they had of benefiting politically from a government shutdown. Here’s Ace who is reacting to a story at Big Government:

Apparently, it is within the executive’s power to define “essential” and “non-essential” personnel during a shutdown; non-essential personnel can be furloughed (or at least not paid until the shutdown is over).

But it seems Obama is taking the position — for political reasons — that the military is “non-essential.” They can’t be furloughed, but he has decided (or Gates has; I rather think it’s Obama’s call) that they’ll show up for work but won’t get paid until later.

(Excerpt) Read more at verumserum.com ...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »
Obama: I’ll Shut Down the Government and Suspend Military Pay
Big Government ^ | 4/7/11 | Mike Flynn

Rather than accept a few billion in budget cuts (read rounding error), President Obama has signaled his willingness to shut down the federal government. (Yah!) For those keeping score at home, any government shutdown that happens is on Obama’s plate. He is the President. All on him.

The worst part of this whole debate is the Obama Administration’s decision to hold military pay hostage to the budget debate. For the last few decades, government shutdowns have been guided by an OMB directive issued during the Reagan Administration. Under this directive, military personnel would continue to receive the paychecks while politicians argued about the budget. The Clinton Administration, during the last government shutdown, kept the paychecks flowing.

But, not Obama.

The Obama Administration has overturned the old OMB directive and has decided to suspend military paychecks if there is a government shutdown. No reason to do it…but they have decided to. Reprehensible.

The Obama Administration Prepared to Deem Soldiers “Non-Essential” Workers
Verum Serum ^ | 4/7/11 | John

Americans may not like wars in the Middle East but they love the men and women who serve in them. If this story is true, and right now it seems to be, then I think Democrats have just destroyed any hope they had of benefiting politically from a government shutdown. Here’s Ace who is reacting to a story at Big Government:

Apparently, it is within the executive’s power to define “essential” and “non-essential” personnel during a shutdown; non-essential personnel can be furloughed (or at least not paid until the shutdown is over).

But it seems Obama is taking the position — for political reasons — that the military is “non-essential.” They can’t be furloughed, but he has decided (or Gates has; I rather think it’s Obama’s call) that they’ll show up for work but won’t get paid until later.

(Excerpt) Read more at verumserum.com ...

mike flynn and john,are they repub Congressman, no, comparing apples and oranges :D