Author Topic: What age did you give up that gym life?  (Read 10547 times)

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: What age did you give up that gym life?
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 10:30:18 AM »
At 55 my passion for training is increasing again. Things certainly aren't what they were when l trained in Venice in the '80s and '90s, but as l get older l recognize the necessity for training to keep what you have as much as possible. With my bad shoulders l get discouraged sometimes, but now l just concentrate on my reps and not worry about the weight and my ego anymore. But after all these years l still love to train.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
At 55 my passion for training is increasing again. Things certainly aren't what they were when l trained in Venice in the '80s and '90s, but as l get older l recognize the necessity for training to keep what you have as much as possible. With my bad shoulders l get discouraged sometimes, but now l just concentrate on my reps and not worry about the weight and my ego anymore. But after all these years l still love to train.

There is a great difference in living to train and training to live.  The latter improves your quality of life.  The former?  Not so much.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »
some people are shocked to see people in their 60s still getting stronger and gaining muscle, without steroids

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »
A good gym regime should be easy after retirement because we retirees have a lot of time to workout. Age creates some difficulty with getting good results. This is disheartening. I've settled for just being in the best shape I can be with little regard for graining muscle.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
A good gym regime should be easy after retirement because we retirees have a lot of time to workout. Age creates some difficulty with getting good results. This is disheartening. I've settled for just being in the best shape I can be with little regard for graining muscle.

That last photo you posted with a tank top was pretty damn impressive.

You look great for your age bro.