Author Topic: Waitress who accused customer of writing racial slur on tip line, being sued  (Read 12757 times)

Internet Tough Guy

He goes out to eat and leaves no tip for a waitress which is pretty fucked up.  They depend on tips to pay bills as they only make about 2.13 an hour....that's what people are mainly pissed at him for rather than the n-word he also wrote.

He deserves no sympathy whatsoever and is getting what he deserves for being a cheapskate.  If you go out to eat at a restaurant, then leave a tip for your server.  He and his forensic examiner can go fuck themselves.

Only a brokeback polesmoker would arrive at such a conclusion.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

He goes out to eat and leaves no tip for a waitress which is pretty fucked up.  They depend on tips to pay bills as they only make about 2.13 an hour....that's what people are mainly pissed at him for rather than the n-word he also wrote.

He deserves no sympathy whatsoever and is getting what he deserves for being a cheapskate.  If you go out to eat at a restaurant, then leave a tip for your server.  He and his forensic examiner can go fuck themselves.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
O

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
He should have put total hebrew instead

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
So even if he didnt tip he deserves death threats?   Oh brother.   ::)

Perhaps her service flat out sucked. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
He goes out to eat and leaves no tip for a waitress which is pretty fucked up.  They depend on tips to pay bills as they only make about 2.13 an hour....that's what people are mainly pissed at him for rather than the n-word he also wrote.

He deserves no sympathy whatsoever and is getting what he deserves for being a cheapskate.  If you go out to eat at a restaurant, then leave a tip for your server.  He and his forensic examiner can go fuck themselves.

So, let's get this straight... he deserves to have his name traduced because he didn't leave a tip? That's a pretty fucked up mentality you have there Vince. As for the waitress, sure, she relies on tips, but why is that anyone's problem but hers?

And about the forensic examiner, you think that it doesn't alter the calculus whether "n****r" was written by someone else? Are you that fucking dense?

I think he's lying but honestly it doesn't matter.  He's not suing the waitress but Red Lobster....he would be crazy to sue the waitress at this point but he's wasting his time with suing the company....they'll laugh him out of court.  

First of all - as you quite astutely point out - who gives a fuck what you think?

As for your silly commentary that a suit against Red Lobster will be laughed out of court, kindly tell us (so that we can evaluate your considered legal opinion accordingly) when did you become a lawyer in addition to being an esteemed bodybuilder and a retailer extraordinaire?

Although they haven't decided to sue the waitress (the article claims they don't know on what grounds they would) the fact is that Red Lobster is absolutely responsible for the conduct of its employees. Now, this receipt is a business record of Red Lobster, a record which the waitress had in her possession as part of her work for Red Lobster. This creates a nexus that could be used to involve Red Lobster.

Whether any lawsuit in this instance is a smart idea is an entirely different topic. He probably should read up on the Streisand Effect before he files anything. Somethings are better left untouched. I suspect that this is one of them.

Yes, and they never got any complaints from the waiter....this guy admitted to being a bad tipper and cheapskate to the media

Being a bad tipper and a cheapskate is neither illegal nor is something that justifies having one's name traduced.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
So, let's get this straight... he deserves to have his name traduced because he didn't leave a tip? That's a pretty fucked up mentality you have there Vince. As for the waitress, sure, she relies on tips, but why is that anyone's problem but hers?

As for his forensic examiner, you think that it doesn't alter the calculus whether "guy" was written by someone else? Are you that fucking dense?

First of all - as you quite astutely point out - who gives a fuck what you think?

As for your silly commentary that a suit against Red Lobster will be laughed out of court, kindly tell us (so that we can evaluate your considered legal opinion accordingly) when did you become a lawyer in addition to being an esteemed bodybuilder and a retailer extraordinaire?

Although they haven't decided to sue the waitress (the article claims they don't know on what grounds they would) the fact is that Red Lobster is absolutely responsible for the conduct of its employees. Now, this receipt is a business record of Red Lobster, a record which the waitress had in her possession as part of her work for Red Lobster. This creates a nexus that could be used to involve Red Lobster.

Whether any lawsuit in this instance is a smart idea is an entirely different topic. He probably should read up on the Streisand Effect before he files anything. Somethings are better left untouched. I suspect that this is one of them.

Being a bad tipper and a cheapskate is neither illegal nor is something that justifies having one's name traduced.
Expand your vocabulary, the Getbig way. Today's word: traduced. Say it with me, tra-duced - to slur, or impugn. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Expand your vocabulary, the Getbig way. Today's word: traduced. Say it with me, tra-duced - to slur, or impugn. 

Impugn: to traduce

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Impugn: to traduce
Traduce: to Showstop.              Bam!           ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Traduce: to Showstop.              Bam!           ;D

;D

Red Hook

• Getbig V

you should only tip if the service warrants it

tipping is not mandatory but is offerered for services rendered.

somehow waiters feel like ripping is something that is mandatory..it is not
I

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
One of them is lying.....Just based on what evidence is avail via the news reports I'm going with the waitress.

1. She didn't show her co workers or manager at the time she discovered it. It is human nature to do so and I can't even imagine her not making a huge deal out of it at the time it was discovered
2. "If he said he didn't do it I believe him" is exactly what someone who is feeling a little guilty would say if they were the culprit. She didn't realize the firestorm that would follow her posting
3. "If" a handwriting expert examined it, that tells me two things. 1. Handwriting experts are pretty good at their job and can even detect forgeries of practiced forgers in many cases. 2. A guilty joe blow would not go through the trouble of getting an expert to examine the evidence

But.. why did he have to change his bank account if only the last 4 digits are exposed? That to me is just a part of him wanting to get more money from Red Lobster.        

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
One of them is lying.....Just based on what evidence is avail via the news reports I'm going with the waitress.

1. She didn't show her co workers or manager at the time she discovered it. It is human nature to do so and I can't even imagine her not making a huge deal out of it at the time it was discovered
2. "If he said he didn't do it I believe him" is exactly what someone who is feeling a little guilty would say if they were the culprit. She didn't realize the firestorm that would follow her posting
3. "If" a handwriting expert examined it, that tells me two things. 1. Handwriting experts are pretty good at their job and can even detect forgeries of practiced forgers in many cases. 2. A guilty joe blow would not go through the trouble of getting an expert to examine the evidence

But.. why did he have to change his bank account if only the last 4 digits are exposed? That to me is just a part of him wanting to get more money from Red Lobster.        

I agree on all counts.  He will very likely be able to get pain and suffering due to her putting his name out there and him getting death threats.  And IMO he deserves it.  Red Lobster, whether people like it or not, are at least partially responsible since they employ the shitbag. 

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Fuckin hell, minimum wage for tipped employees in USA is $2.19 per hour?

In the UK it's approx. $8 for under 21 year olds and approx. $11 for over age 21.
And they also get to keep their tips.

Looks like the USA is becoming a 3rd world for the majority of poor suckers. Most of you would have to move to China to get a pay rise. :D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Fuckin hell, minimum wage for tipped employees in USA is $2.19 per hour?

In the UK it's approx. $8 for under 21 year olds and approx. $11 for over age 21.
And they also get to keep their tips.

Looks like the USA is becoming a 3rd world for the majority of poor suckers. Most of you would have to move to China to get a pay rise. :D

Mo you dumb fuck. Wait staff is on a different pay scale as tips are expected here unlike in europe. Go back to blowing you "mate" Richard. 

"Keep their tips".   ::).  The only people who tip them are US tourists.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Oh, what a guy!

Fruitbooties are often employed in the food service industry so perhaps Vince is ill at the cheapskate from personal trials and tribulations.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Mo you dumb fuck. Wait staff is on a different pay scale as tips are expected here unlike in europe. Go back to blowing you "mate" Richard. 

"Keep their tips".   ::).  The only people who tip them are US tourists.

Don't talk shite sonny.
If you saved up your minimum wage dollars and actually visited Scotland you would find that 10-15% tip is normal over here.
So a waitress gets typically $15-25 per hour plus free healthcare, free university education etc.
That is why people from all classes can make something of themselves over here.

Used to be that way in the USA. Now if your mommy and daddy don't have money you are fucked.
Sorry about that.
 :-[

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Don't talk shite sonny.
If you saved up your minimum wage dollars and actually visited Scotland you would find that 10-15% tip is normal over here.
So a waitress gets typically $15-25 per hour plus free healthcare, free university education etc.

Used to be that way in the USA. Now if your mommy and daddy don't have money you are fucked.
Sorry about that.

Hmm. Every time I tried to tip the server/bartender in Edinburgh for a pint they backed off like I'd pissed in their Corn Flakes. I asked a local. Tipping I was told was verboten. Learn something new, everyday.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Don't talk shite sonny.

Sorry about that.

would you have punched her big al

just in case she was a robber
T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Don't talk shite sonny.

Sorry about that.

I've been to 26 countries, including Scotland chief.  And all over the UK is wasnt expected. I still tried to but often the servers would just kinda laugh and explain it to me.  In Germany it was expected to tip beer wenches at fests by rounding up but that was it.

A waitress making $25/hr not including tips?   I highly doubt that but you never know.   

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Fruitbooties are often employed in the food service industry so perhaps Vince is ill at the cheapskate from personal trials and tribulations.

It's not enough for Vince to fuck one white man at home, now he wants to see some other white guy get fucked over that he doesn't even know.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Don't talk shite sonny.

Look at Scotland! It's magical land, a happy land, where you can live - for free - in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane, while getting paid $15 to $25 an hour to wait tables. And while you do that, you  get free healthcare and a free university education in the growing field of advanced table waiting that pays up to $115 an hour!

Yes, Scotland is renowned around the world as a place where people of all classes can make something of themselves!

Sorry about that.

What was true in the USA in the past is true now - if you work hard, you can succeed and succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Almost as good as Scotland, the land where "people from all classes can make something of themselves." It's just that, unlike Scotland, we don't pay waitresses $15 to $25 an hour and give them "free healthcare, free education, etc"

We should all head to Scotland and make something of ourselves! Then we can eat (free) haggis and freeball it in our kilts. Even in formal occasions!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
you should only tip if the service warrants it

tipping is not mandatory but is offerered for services rendered.

somehow waiters feel like ripping is something that is mandatory..it is not

Tipping in a restaurant IS mandatory.  Prices are adjusted downwards bc the restaurant doesnt pay their waitstaff much, and the difference is made up by the customers.  If nobody tipped, the cost of paying their waitstaff would go up and eventually the cost of a meal would go up around 15-20%.

Tipping is certainly not optional.... if you don't feel like leaving a tip, don't go out to eat

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Look at Scotland! It's magical land, a happy land, where you can live - for free - in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane, while getting paid $15 to $25 an hour to wait tables. And while you do that, you  get free healthcare and a free university education in the growing field of advanced table waiting that pays up to $115 an hour!

Yes, Scotland is renowned around the world as a place where people of all classes can make something of themselves!

What was true in the USA in the past is true now - if you work hard, you can succeed and succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Almost as good as Scotland, the land where "people from all classes can make something of themselves." It's just that, unlike Scotland, we don't pay waitresses $15 to $25 an hour and give them "free healthcare, free education, etc"

We should all head to Scotland and make something of ourselves! Then we can eat (free) haggis and freeball it in our kilts. Even in formal occasions!

Lol.   Big Al is busy folding his bed/ironing board back into the wall of his 200sf apartment.  He wil return shortly. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
Tipping in a restaurant IS mandatory.  Prices are adjusted downwards bc the restaurant doesnt pay their waitstaff much, and the difference is made up by the customers.  If nobody tipped, the cost of paying their waitstaff would go up and eventually the cost of a meal would go up around 15-20%.

Tipping is certainly not optional.... if you don't feel like leaving a tip, don't go out to eat

so what is your recourse if the service is shit
T