Author Topic: How do you feel about Tim Tebow's Jesus pushing?  (Read 12006 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: How do you feel about Tim Tebow's Jesus pushing?
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
Thought it was awesome...loved it!

ND was ready to go picket in front of the stadium  ;D

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »
No praising God and his love of Jesus every time a mic is in his face. Doesn't matter where he is. I'm not even saying it bothers me. Because honestly it doesn't. I'm just wondering how people would feel if some athlete proclaimed his love for his wife/child or animal every time he had a chance to speak in front of a mic. And it never stopped for years at a time. Wouldn't that become some sort of distraction/weird.

Ray Lewis does it too. Interesting you don't have a problem with it. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
ND was ready to go picket in front of the stadium  ;D

Are you kidding me? the extent of my protest is bitching on fourms  ;D

I LOL when people pray , it's such a ridiculous concept , especially when they pray for such silly shit like winning a football game , I mean seriously of all the shit one can pray for  :-\

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »
Christ was quite specific in his direction on prayer:

Matthew 6:5-15

Prayer
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
   9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
   on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
   as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
   but deliver us from the evil one

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Now, I don't feel that Tim is being boastful or anything like that and is genuine in his displays.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »
Are you kidding me? the extent of my protest is bitching on fourms  ;D

I LOL when people pray , it's such a ridiculous concept , especially when they pray for such silly shit like winning a football game , I mean seriously of all the shit one can pray for  :-\

I find it comical that those that know nothing about prayer can so casually critique and dismiss it as nothingness.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
I find it comical that those that know nothing about prayer can so casually critique and dismiss it as nothingness.

Just like believers with evolution?  it's actually scientifically proven prayer does NOT work

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?ex=1301461200&en=4acf338be4900000&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
Just like believers with evolution?  it's actually scientifically proven prayer does NOT work

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?ex=1301461200&en=4acf338be4900000&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Should probably ask Francis Collins about that; regardless, that's a grand generalization.  Granted, some Christians ignore science and medicine altogether - an extreme exception.  That said, old Earth creationists abound.  Acceptance of microevolution is rather common...even macroevolution.  Now, prayer and nonbelievers, that's pretty black and white with a hint of gray.  The gray often represents those folks that once believed, prayed for God to prevent a loved one from dying, the loved one died and faith was lost by the former believer with the perspective that prayer doesn't work, God isn't real, etc.....it's an unfortunate circumstance, but it happens.

So clinicians and researchers put the Lord God to the test and the results didn't favor prayer?  Guess they didn't read Luke 4 or Matthew 6 before conducting their research.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
Again I said they're not using force anymore , just policy. please pay attention. and it's not so much my life personally , it's the lives of everyone that doesn't buy into the Jesus myth. Again how are Christians trying to affect the lives of others? Abortion , Gay Marriage , teaching pseudoscience in schools , mandatory prayer in school , trying to censor movies , television , and the internet , I mean I can seriously go on and on with the ways Christians are trying to control what non-Christians do , that's the main problem I have with them , they're like vegetarians they just can't be happy with choice it must now be the choice of everyone else

And wrong again about the contact with Christians , I was baptized a ' born-again ' Christian , I come from a large family and they are all ' believers '. I've been to church many , many times , I still have the drawings I made in Sunday school of Isaac & Abraham , I've had many debates with my family about religion , you couldn't be any more wrong

I treat people with respect and if we met I would treat you the way I would want to be treated but make no mistake I don't have a problem telling people that their beliefs are silly. I look forward to Christians knocking on my door. We have a guy at work a real enthusiastic believer in God , we chat from time-to-time about religion and he knows my position and I know his and that's where it ends , it doesn't stop me from being polite or cordial , I say good morning everyday to him and he returns the same.

My main gripe with Christians is they just can't be happy with their decision , it now has to be everyone pushed on everyone else , be happy with your God , leave the rest of us alone.  

When a group of people believes that their beliefs are the ONLY true beliefs, and that any other way of believing whatsoever (or not believing) is false, how do you expect them to act? Therein is where the problem lies...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »
Ray Lewis does it too. Interesting you don't have a problem with it. ;)

Ray Lewis's ego is so large that he thinks he can prey his way out of going to hell. The man may have killed another human being. And if he didn't do the killing, he was part of it and didn't stop it(which may be worse) What do you think God is going to say to him about that? And when he drove deep into religion after that, why is it he still plays a sport that is one of the most violent on the planet where just one hit from Ray could kill a man or paralyze another human for life. Do you really think God is a football fan? Ray Lewis is a phony. No doubt about it. There's a really bad soul that hides behind the religious man he is showing. People who have been on his team have said the guy has a screw loose. But they respect the athlete that he is. The guy is a bad mofo on the field.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »
getbig or getgot

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
When a group of people believes that their beliefs are the ONLY true beliefs, and that any other way of believing whatsoever (or not believing) is false, how do you expect them to act? Therein is where the problem lies...

the narrow gate is the only way

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »

My training partner spontainiously combusted AGAIN! thats the third TP I`ve gone through mate. Damn shame........Long live Spinal Tap!
Team Schering Oss NL

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »
the narrow gate is the only way

So YOU believe...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:49 AM »

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »
And that's just fine with me, whatever floats your boat...