Author Topic: Meeting pros/celebrities  (Read 12310 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Meeting pros/celebrities
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 02:08:16 PM »
used to see bruce springstein alot at his favorite hot dog place in south jersey,sea bright/deal ,new jersey  called THE WINDMILL,he didnt talk to anyone and believe it or not no one disturbed him either while he was eating,it was kinda like theres bruce again,and ofcoarse everyone looked but that was about it
R

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
kobe bryants's bodyguards pulled a gun out on arce.

That story was hilarious

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »
Last weekend, Dennis James and Berry de Mey. Both were nice & down to earth guys, sorry but this is the truth.

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »

Wasn't she in The Crying Game?

AAAHHH Hell NO HAHAHAHA!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
He must have been sober because when he's drunk he's a dick. I've said this before, he's a mean drunk and has been 86'd out of almost every bar in HB. This was a few years back.

Thats why he used to wear the t-shirt '86'd 4 Life'

At that point he had burnt all his bridges in the bar industry lol.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
Funny hearing about grown men white knighting celebs. You guys hate it when its to some hot girl at the gym, but see Stallone in the mall and you fags run over and get selfies, talk to them even though you have nothing important to discuss, n other beta shit with them. Its odd

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
CHRIS HOLMES..

About ten years ago, his buddy lived behind my apartment in Arcadia, CA. Saw him a few times, then the neighbor introduced me. Dude was a train wreck, total tweeker driving some beat-to-shit old Firebird he was always tearing apart when he was high (meaning day and night, 24/7). After six DUIs, he was real proud of quitting drinking, but he'd obviously just switched to meth.

Signed my WASP CD: "To Ron. Fuck you, asshole!" Dude was skittish as hell and dumb as a rock. Had "Fuck Ni66ers!" painted white across his dashboard. Asked him if he ever worried about getting pulled over by a black cop. "Shit, never thought about it," he said. Didn't remember much about the Lita marriage because he was always plastered. Said Blackie bought all his songwriting credits when he was in a bind, gave him ten grand, which he blew in a weekend. Now, of course, he blames him for being broke. Total white trash.

Auditioned for Motörhead at some point, but Lemmy told him he was too crazy. Can you imagine? Finally, the pool scene from Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years. Said he had been up three days straight partying overseas on tour, flew home still drunk. Promised the director beforehand he'd do the scene, and she could only use the house the night he returned. So he had Mom drive him. Hollywood Hills, I think. (It was producer Clive Davis's pad, though the doc made like it was Chris's.) Said the scene pretty much ended his career (whatever was left of it).

Dude was so sketchy and awkward I started going out of my way to avoid him. Tweekers, you know, unf'nbearable company. Anyway, my storage unit got broken into twice, and I'd bet my life it was those two fucks. Chris and Dave, the buddy, fifty-plus unemployed junkies, both of 'em.

They tore down Dave's dump for condos, but I ended up seeing the two a year later at the First Cabin, local bar. He looked healthy, like he quit the dope, and he was drinking Coke. Good for him, but I made sure as hell he didn't see me. Didn't really wanna catch up and all.

Yeah, yeah, too long, didn't read, don't blame ya.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2014, 04:32:46 PM »
About ten years ago, his buddy lived behind my apartment in Arcadia, CA. Saw him a few times, then the neighbor introduced me. Dude was a train wreck, total tweeker driving some beat-to-shit old Firebird he was always tearing apart when he was high (meaning day and night, 24/7). After six DUIs, he was real proud of quitting drinking, but he'd obviously just switched to meth.

Signed my WASP CD: "To Ron. Fuck you, asshole!" Dude was skittish as hell and dumb as a rock. Had "Fuck Ni66ers!" painted white across his dashboard. Asked him if he ever worried about getting pulled over by a black cop. "Shit, never thought about it," he said. Didn't remember much about the Lita marriage because he was always plastered. Said Blackie bought all his songwriting credits when he was in a bind, gave him ten grand, which he blew in a weekend. Now, of course, he blames him for being broke. Total white trash.

Auditioned for Motörhead at some point, but Lemmy told him he was too crazy. Can you imagine? Finally, the pool scene from Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years. Said he had been up three days straight partying overseas on tour, flew home still drunk. Promised the director beforehand he'd do the scene, and she could only use the house the night he returned. So he had Mom drive him to the house in Hollywood Hills, I think. (It was producer Clive Davis's pad, though the doc made like it was Chris's.) Said the scene pretty much ended his career (whatever was left of it).

Dude was so sketchy and awkward I started going out of my way to avoid him. Tweekers, you know, unf'nbearable company. Anyway, my storage unit got broken into twice, and I'd bet my life it was those two fucks. Chris and Dave, the fifty-plus unemployed junkies.

They tore down Dave's dump for condos, but I ended up seeing the two a year later at the First Cabin, local bar. He looked healthy, like he quit the dope, and he was drinking Coke. Good for him, but I made sure as hell he didn't see me. Didn't really wanna catch up and all.

wow.. 10 grand for all those tunes. cool story

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
wow.. 10 grand for all those tunes. cool story

Yep. Couldn't let it go, like he had a gun to his head. Kept asking me if Duren (Lawless's birth name) was Jewish. Had to be a Jew, he thought, with the clever scheming and piles of dough. Ha!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Auditioned for Motörhead at some point, but Lemmy told him he was too crazy. Can you imagine? Finally, the pool scene from Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years. Said he had been up three days straight partying overseas on tour, flew home still drunk. Promised the director beforehand he'd do the scene, and she could only use the house the night he returned. So he had Mom drive him. Hollywood Hills, I think. (It was producer Clive Davis's pad, though the doc made like it was Chris's.) Said the scene pretty much ended his career (whatever was left of it).

Dude was so sketchy and awkward I started going out of my way to avoid him. Tweekers, you know, unf'nbearable company. Anyway, my storage unit got broken into twice, and I'd bet my life it was those two fucks. Chris and Dave, the buddy, fifty-plus unemployed junkies, both of 'em.

read.

cool story

too bad he never rose above that trailer park mentality.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
read.

cool story

too bad he never rose above that trailer park mentality.

Yeah, don't think he had the potential, honestly. He was truly a stupid man. Braindead IQ. He's living in Europe now (Finland, Sweden, Norway, not sure) and playing again, but his latest is just God awful.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »
Great story about Chris Holmes. Dear lord. From everything I have read/heard throughout the years, your tale doesn't surprise me, though.

Check out his (fairly recent) music videos on YouTube. SO bad it's frightening.

Like Lars Ulrich (a drummer, I know), his guitar skills have seemingly evaporated (not that he was in a league with guys like DeMartini, Lynch, Beach, Bettencourt, etc.), but yeah, he sounds beyond rusty and his licks are by-the-books crud-blues shit.

Looks like living death, too.

P.S. Speaking of rusted and diminished guitar skills, anyone else massively underwhelmed with Jake. E. Lee's "return"? His new stuff sounds like him, all right, but a hugely rusted and unpolished version. Like he opened his closet one day, saw the one dusty remaining axe in his possession buried under some stinky clothes, and thought, Hey, I got nothing going on and the fans are always chirping about my silence for all these years. I'm going to put together a band and record some tunes!    

Not even one day of woodshedding his chops back into a trace of its former glory.

Then he hires that Darren clown (whom I personally know) who used to be the drummer from Harem Scarem as singer ... and proceeds to embarrass himself with shoddy live performances, a craptacular release and a vocalist who is too much a poser/alcoholic to do anything worthwhile ...

Nice move, Jake.  ::)

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
Yeah, don't think he had the potential, honestly. He was truly a stupid man. Braindead IQ. He's living in Europe now (Finland, Sweden, Norway, not sure) and playing again, but his latest is just God awful.

Fawk. Can you imagine?

He's gotta be at least smart enough to realize he royally fucked up.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »
Great story about Chris Holmes. Dear lord. From everything I have read/heard throughout the years, your tale doesn't surprise me, though.

Check out his (fairly recent) music videos on YouTube. SO bad it's frightening.

Like Lars Ulrich (a drummer, I know), his guitar skills have seemingly evaporated (not that he was in a league with guys like DeMartini, Lynch, Beach, Bettencourt, etc.), but yeah, he sounds beyond rusty and his licks are by-the-books crud-blues shit.

Looks like living death, too.

P.S. Speaking of rusted and diminished guitar skills, anyone else massively underwhelmed with Jake. E. Lee's "return"? His new stuff sounds like him, all right, but a hugely rusted and unpolished version. Like he opened his closet one day, saw the one dusty remaining axe in his possession buried under some stinky clothes, and thought, Hey, I got nothing going on and the fans are always chirping about my silence for all these years. I'm going to put together a band and record some tunes!    

Not even one day of woodshedding his chops back into a trace of its former glory.

Then he hires that Darren clown (whom I personally know) who used to be the drummer from Harem Scarem as singer ... and proceeds to embarrass himself with shoddy live performances, a craptacular release and a vocalist who is too much a poser/alcoholic to do anything worthwhile ...

Nice move, Jake.  ::)

I can't really tell that Jake's gotten much worse (never been good picking out rusty guitar), but that singer is horrible. Jake shoulda recruited John Corabi, no? Dude can sing and play.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Fawk. Can you imagine?

He's gotta be at least smart enough to realize he royally fucked up.

Not at the time. Typical fuck up "victim" mentality. 'That fucker screwed me outta my songs and money!' No, that dude paid you money for your songs. You were the polluted idiot who signed the deal.

Maybe he gets it now, but I really doubt it. Don't think he has the capacity to accept responsibility.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »
I can't really tell that Jake's gotten much worse (never been good picking out rusty guitar), but that singer is horrible. Jake shoulda recruited John Corabi, no? Dude can sing and play.

Like I say, I know Darren. He was performing an acoustic thing with a buddy at this bar when he first told me he was flying to Las Vegas to meet with Jake. In that kind of environment, he sounds quite good, but his cheesy stage persona and drinking habits leave him empty on the cool factor.

At that same bar one night, I was taking a leak after we closed (I was a doorman), and in walks a hammered Darren rambling and slurring nonsense. I finish pissing and as I'm washing my hands, Darren starts jumping into the air, swinging for the light fixture. Sure enough he connects and the fancy casing shatters everywhere. The light bulb, too. So we're in pitch darkness and I'm trying to find the door to distance myself from the 'tard ...

When he's sober he is a friendly guy, but when he starts drinking, watch out.   

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
Like I say, I know Darren. He was performing an acoustic thing with a buddy at this bar when he first told me he was flying to Las Vegas to meet with Jake. In that kind of environment, he sounds quite good, but his cheesy stage persona and drinking habits leave him empty on the cool factor.

At that same bar one night, I was taking a leak after we closed (I was a doorman), and in walks a hammered Darren rambling and slurring nonsense. I finish pissing and as I'm washing my hands, Darren starts jumping into the air, swinging for the light fixture. Sure enough he connects and the fancy casing shatters everywhere. The light bulb, too. So we're in pitch darkness and I'm trying to find the door to distance myself from the 'tard ...

When he's sober he is a friendly guy, but when he starts drinking, watch out.   

Dude's still living in the 80s.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 02:48:57 AM »
Thats why he used to wear the t-shirt '86'd 4 Life'

At that point he had burnt all his bridges in the bar industry lol.

i remember him wearing that shirt walking into the octagon,i forgot who he was going to fight though cause it was so long ago,back then i didnt have a clue what the hell it meant though

old pic when tito was still hanging on tanks nuts

R

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »
i remember him wearing that shirt walking into the octagon,i forgot who he was going to fight though cause it was so long ago,back then i didnt have a clue what the hell it meant though

old pic when tito was still hanging on tanks nuts

That pic with Tank/Tito was in September 1996 @ UFC 11.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2014, 04:21:50 AM »
Rode on an elevator once with Lou Ferrigno and he was rude as shit.

It was a packed elevator, so I asked him something in a low voice and he looked at me with this strange face and mumbled out "WAAAAT"?

I then repeated my question 3 more times and he look disturbed and said, "I'm not hearing you".

Fuck, if the guy didn't want to talk, all he had to say was that he wasn't interested.

The nerve of some people,

"1"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »
I meet Ron Avidan in Tampa.  First we were side by side at the urinals, then we chatted a bit at the conclusion of the Tampa Pro.   

Ron was a dignified gentleman at the urinals, washing his hands with soap and allowing his hands to dry fully before exiting the restroom.  Surrounded by disgusting Floridians and industry hangers-on who urinated (or worse) then just walked right out of the bathroom, Ron was a standing bastion of cleanliness and hygiene.   I don't think anyone here would be surprised how few people actually wash their hands after using the restroom.  *shaking head*

Later on, we posed for pictures and spoke for a few minutes.  Ron was a class act all the way.  I walk past golf pros, retired hockey players, TNT network actors in Naples, FL all the time and couldn't care less.  I was more irritated than impressed when the dude from "Major Crimes" took so long to order his wine.  But meeting Ron, that was an epic day, no doubt.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2014, 04:46:52 AM »

That pic with Tank/Tito was in September 1996 @ UFC 11.

i remember watching that PPV but didnt even know who tito was at that point cause he didnt fight until alittle later,ufc 13 i think.to be honest when he was fighting mezger that night i thought guy was tapping out when tito was blasting him with punches on the ground,then the ref restarted it giving guy a chance to recover and tito shot right into a guillotine choke in mezgers guard.if u watch that fight again its pretty evident that guy taps tito 2 times when tito was punching him from the top position
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
saw superfly snooka in a jersey gym training,walking around barefoot ??? he didnt seem like the freindliest dude around to be honest,some young kids who where wwf fanatics where following him around licking the sweat from snookas back as it sat soaking into a bench ::)
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:43 AM »
mr wonderful paul orndorff and ricky steamboat both at my gym one morning, orndorff was really nice but the more i think about it ricky steamboat had a bad attitude,he was juiced to the gills and huge as hell,bodybuilding big not fat big.so was orndorff,jacked up
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2014, 05:11:43 AM »
mr wonderful paul orndorff and ricky steamboat both at my gym one morning, orndorff was really nice but the more i think about it ricky steamboat had a bad attitude,he was juiced to the gills and huge as hell,bodybuilding big not fat big.so was orndorff,jacked up
orndoff 82/87 had one of the best builds in the biz,,,severe nerve damage on one side completely atrophied his arm to nothing,shoulder wasn't quite as bad,his chest stayed ok..