Author Topic: Joshua vs. Ruiz II  (Read 17835 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Joshua vs. Ruiz II
« on: November 29, 2019, 05:30:53 AM »
How do you suppose this will end this time around?

I see it this way. Ruiz has one helluva chin because he took all Joshua's shots and still came back. Ruiz has about 10 years of boxing experience on Joshua as well and it showed. Also, for that fight Ruiz had more heart. I think you dont overcome all of these things so soon. If Joshua tries to outbox him, he'll lose.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: Joshua vs. Ruiz II
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 06:00:20 AM »
WIGGS  i think ruiz is going to win this, i honestly think he took joshuas soul in the first fight, joshua hit him with everything he had, and couldnt stop him, ruiz beat joshua up , and anthony does not really sound confident going into this rematch.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 06:03:04 AM »
I agree. It will be interesting.  I forgot to add, Joshua has a weak chin. Especially compared to Ruiz. Not even close.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 06:09:32 AM »
AJ UD or late stoppage.  He isn't going to rush in and get caught with a temple shot again.  You are going to find out why Bob Arum said Ruiz sucked and dropped him from Top Rank's roster.

Uncle Bob does know his ring girls.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0m36IBHgbH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 06:29:31 AM »
I agree. It will be interesting.  I forgot to add, Joshua has a weak chin. Especially compared to Ruiz. Not even close.

wiggs i think he was dropped two or three times in that fight if i remember, btw that was the best hw fight i have seen in a few years. if joshua loses i think he will retire.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 06:40:29 AM »
Joshua looks like a bodybuilder,  bodybuilder a shouldnt lose fights.
Joshua wins in 4

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
Ruiz win via kayo in the 6th round.

Has the psychological edge being the victor in the last match up. forget the dad bod, that guy has some serious vicious hands plus he is just far more hungry at this point in his career.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 07:25:13 AM »
amazing how one punch (think vlad and lennex's 1st defeats) has turned joshua into a bum with his elite resume while turning a top rank throw away fighter ruiz into the supreme heavyweight.  what's funny is, pbc aka al haymon, wanted to drop one beat and make an immediate unification between ruiz and wilder ASAP.  that's an easy 2 belts for Wilder b.c he was going to spark ruiz. now, they have to go through aj again after dec 7th

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 07:29:32 AM »
amazing how one punch (think vlad and lennex's 1st defeats) has turned joshua into a bum with his elite resume while turning a top rank throw away fighter ruiz into the supreme heavyweight.  what's funny is, pbc aka al haymon, wanted to drop one beat and make an immediate unification between ruiz and wilder ASAP.  that's an easy 2 belts for Wilder b.c he was going to spark ruiz. now, they have to go through aj again after dec 7th
good screw haymon

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »
I`m riding with Ruiz to repeat the win....I think he has Joshuas  number !

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Not sure it's Joshua's chin that's the issue. The shot Ruiz buzzed him with was high on the head and his legs never came back. If Joshua is mentally strong as I suspect he is, I think he turns the tables. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Ruiz losing a lot of weight. I think it's going to weaken him. Joshua looked off the 1st fight from his ring walk. He seemed very aloof. This is a very intriguing rematch.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
I`m riding with Ruiz to repeat the win....I think he has Joshuas  number !

I agree.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »
Rematches are always set up to allow the big money loser favorite to avenge his defeat and recapture hype. Almost a guarantee that Joshua wins.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 10:04:36 AM »
AJ quit, he didnt get beaten, thats a huge factor going into this fight, fighters dont quit.. his heart isnt in the fight game

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 10:51:12 AM »
Not sure it's Joshua's chin that's the issue. The shot Ruiz buzzed him with was high on the head and his legs never came back. If Joshua is mentally strong as I suspect he is, I think he turns the tables. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Ruiz losing a lot of weight. I think it's going to weaken him. Joshua looked off the 1st fight from his ring walk. He seemed very aloof. This is a very intriguing rematch.

Solid point there. Didn't really think about that when I made my assessment.

If Ruiz comes in overly depleted and AJ is legit focused, I think I would have to give the nod to Joshua as well.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »
AJ quit,

How do you figure ?

I'm going with Joshua , he will play it safe ,jab,jab hold ,jab ,right cross hold, 12 boring rounds ,I hope I'm wrong  I want Ruiz to KO him again

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 11:04:36 AM »
I would need to see how Ruiz has been living to know if he can win again. If he's humble he has the skills. If he's shitting on a gold toilet and bought his cousins cars then we could have another Buster Douglas.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
How do you figure ?

I'm going with Joshua , he will play it safe ,jab,jab hold ,jab ,right cross hold, 12 boring rounds ,I hope I'm wrong  I want Ruiz to KO him again

he'll fight similar to the povetkin fight, esp with the left low vs giving up his height in a high guard so ruiz cant read the jab to the body or head. ruiz was on short notice so aj didn't respect his power like povetkin and got careless in the pocket.   a lot of jabs to the body, 1/2 and grab, wear ruiz down, late stoppage for aj. i wouldn't be surprise if ruiz took a brezeale type beating, no lucking temple shots this fight. either aj gets the belts back or haymon will feed ruiz to wilder ASAP. ruiz is not good enough to hold those belts.  whyte, pulev, usyk or fury beat him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZ0yZ5h4oA

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »
when most undefeated fighters experience their first loss; they almost always
lose their next fight.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 11:16:04 AM »
Does the winner fight Wilder?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 11:19:00 AM »
Does the winner fight Wilder?

Wilder Fury 2 in late Februsay.  Winner has Pulev IBF mando.  AJ will most like switch trainers so he wont be fighting Wilder anytime soon.  If Ruiz wins, Haymon has him vacate all but one belt, so Wilder can starch him and become unified. Usyk probably gets the WBO belt but he is Match Room anyway so AJ would get the belt back from him.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »
Wilder Fury 2 in late Februsay.  Winner has Pulev IBF mando.  AJ will most like switch trainers so he wont be fighting Wilder anytime soon.  If Ruiz wins, Haymon has him vacate all but one belt, so Wilder can starch him and become unified. Usyk probably gets the WBO belt but he is Match Room anyway so AJ would get the belt back from him.
I wish every weight division just had one champion.  All these different organizations water down a great product.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »
I wish every weight division just had one champion.  All these different organizations water down a great product.

The lack of unification title fights are what piss me off.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
The lack of unification title fights are what piss me off.
They should unify all the titles permanently.  The problem with the way they do it now is after a fighter unifies the belt for that division he has all the different associations wanting him to defend against their #1 contender.  Whoever's contender gets the match the other's strip him of their title because he didn't fight the guy they had lined up.  They will never unify under one organization because of money.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2019, 01:54:03 PM »
How do you figure ?

watch the fight, he wasnt hurt, the ref asked him to continue and he just fucked about in the corner and wouldnt walk forward, ref stopped it then he started moaning, he had every opportunity to carry on but his bottle had gone, thats not coming back, he was scared of getting hurt