Author Topic: Joshua vs. Ruiz II  (Read 17833 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Joshua vs. Ruiz II
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »
They should unify all the titles permanently.  The problem with the way they do it now is after a fighter unifies the belt for that division he has all the different associations wanting him to defend against their #1 contender.  Whoever's contender gets the match the other's strip him of their title because he didn't fight the guy they had lined up.  They will never unify under one organization because of money.
more titles, more fights, equals more money.. always follow the money

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »
more titles, more fights, equals more money.. always follow the money

That's why I said because of money.  Most of these "champs" are frauds.  Kickboxing used to be even worse.  I lived in a town that had three "World Champions" who had never fought outside of Ohio. ::)

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »
AJ in under 5 rounds.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »
AJ quit, he didnt get beaten, thats a huge factor going into this fight, fighters dont quit.. his heart isnt in the fight game

aj's body quit

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »
aj's body quit

no, dont think so, watch from 33 mins 20, he went down, looked to his corner, got up walked to the corner, his head was clear, he wasnt hurt, he just hung around in the corner because he knew the ref would stop it, then a half hearted complain immediately, he was as clear as a bell, just scared.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »
no, dont think so, watch from 33 mins 20, he went down, looked to his corner, got up walked to the corner, his head was clear, he wasnt hurt, he just hung around in the corner because he knew the ref would stop it, then a half hearted complain immediately, he was as clear as a bell, just scared.

Usually boxers don't get up to quit ,AJ got up like 4 times , either they get up and say ''no mas'' , quit on the stool , fake an injury ,or stay down for the count ,AJ never recovered from the first knock down , every time he went down after the first knock down it wasn't from a clear punch ,he fell because his legs were gone , there are different types of KO , sometimes you don't even know where you are ,sometimes your head is clear but your body shuts down, it happened to me once sparring , my head was clear  my legs were gone first and after  a minute or two my arms were numb ,I didn't even feel them ,I couldn't continue .

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 03:49:10 PM »
Usually boxers don't get up to quit ,AJ got up like 4 times , either they get up and say ''no mas'' , quit on the stool , fake an injury ,or stay down for the count ,AJ never recovered from the first knock down , every time he went down after the first knock down it wasn't from a clear punch ,he fell because his legs were gone , there are different types of KO , sometimes you don't even know where you are ,sometimes your head is clear but your body shuts down, it happened to me once sparring , my head was clear  my legs were gone first and after  a minute or two my arms were numb ,I didn't even feel them ,I couldn't continue .

fair points...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »
How do you suppose this will end this time around?

I see it this way. Ruiz has one helluva chin because he took all Joshua's shots and still came back. Ruiz has about 10 years of boxing experience on Joshua as well and it showed. Also, for that fight Ruiz had more heart. I think you dont overcome all of these things so soon. If Joshua tries to outbox him, he'll lose.

I think you hit the nail on the head the “formula” according too all these boxing trainers, boxing gurus, and arm chair critics is that Joshua has too box him...too beat him.

The problem with that plan is Ruiz comes forward fast has a great chin and more importantly throws several punches @ a time in succession sooner or later he will catch Joshua going straight back and physiologically in Joshua’s mind it’s a “here we go again” mindset  that your correctly pointed out wiggs regarding the over coming those problems so soon.

How does Joshua beat Ruiz??...Well how longs a piece of string in terms of the odds involved of a 6 month turnaround?...go back though the history of heavyweight boxing of these short quick set big money rematches in witch the person in question has been knocked out and the answer may lie in that equation.

Can Joshua win? Absolutely....will he win?...Probably not if history is anything too go bye, Too soon, needs too rebuild confidence, couple of quick violent Kos, and more importantly get his momentum hunger and mindset back on track...you can not do that in 6 months imo

As your said overcoming those problems so soon... is like running up a steep hill blindfolded in the mud in the pouring rain.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 07:39:48 PM »
AJ quit, he didnt get beaten, thats a huge factor going into this fight, fighters dont quit.. his heart isnt in the fight game

LOL, did Tony Harrison quit vs Willie Nelson, or did he take trauma to the meningeal artery in the temple area which takes blood to the brain? once again, impact shots to the temple are similar to getting punched in the ear and having the vestibular system disrupted (most just say, canal or fluid). at the end of the day we are talking dizziness, vertigo and imbalance. ops, Harrison and Joshua showed the signs.  

https://youtu.be/8xfBb0U8oHs?t=220

the announcers keep saying, the right hand, but it's the impact shot to the left temple area which froze his legs.  joshua legs and balance went when ruiz caught him with the left hook to the temple.

Ssxa

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2019, 12:02:44 AM »
Ruiz has the far faster hands, is more fluid with his combinations and has a great chin. That said, people writing Joshua off as an overrated bum are wrong. He has wins over Wlad, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin etc...all top level guys. He’s got good skill, KO power and big heart. I don’t think he quit against Ruiz, he was just never recovered from the temple shot and was clueless on how to deal with Ruiz’s aggression after he got hurt.
For one, he cannot punch in combination with Ruiz, that’s how he kept getting caught. AJ will have to employ the Wlad Klitschko style of jab, jab, grab. Occasional power punch, but fight tall and be selective with his shots. It’s 90% mental, and seeing how he deals with the first big shot Ruiz lands will probably dictate how the fight will go. I’m still 50/50.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »
They should unify all the titles permanently.  The problem with the way they do it now is after a fighter unifies the belt for that division he has all the different associations wanting him to defend against their #1 contender.  Whoever's contender gets the match the other's strip him of their title because he didn't fight the guy they had lined up.  They will never unify under one organization because of money.

So the problem never ends..Just would like to see a unified champion in ANY weight class these days.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2019, 02:34:16 PM »
What  ???

you made fair points...it makes sense, I have learned something.  ;)

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
is Joshua back on the juice? had shrunk smaller than a polyester thong a few week after his last fight.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2019, 02:18:14 PM »

Kinda of agree with some of what you say.
Anthony had 3 rounds to recover from the 3rd round knock downs
From the end of round 6 in his corner & when he came out in the 7th
He had no answer to what Andy was doing to him & He was Frightened
You can clearly see it & And as soon as Andy Tagged Him Down he went,
He wanted out - Knew he couldn’t knock Andy out & couldn’t out Box him.

How Much will it have mentally hurt him & has he got over it / changed
His fighting style for the rematch - I’d say Anthony is Still very dangerous
In the opening few rounds for a big Knock out - The Longer it goes I’d
Favour Andy to do the same again, out Box him frustrate & demoralise Him.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »
is Joshua back on the juice? had shrunk smaller than a polyester thong a few week after his last fight.

According to people who last had anything to do with sport when they were at school 30 years ago,  Joshua doesn't do gear

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2019, 09:36:38 PM »

Joshua's career-low is around 238.  I guarantee he'll be heavier than that.  Ruiz was also cutting weight but he is reported to be around 260, which he was 266 for the 1st fight.  It's all bull.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 03:01:53 AM »
Ruiz has the far faster hands, is more fluid with his combinations and has a great chin. That said, people writing Joshua off as an overrated bum are wrong. He has wins over Wlad, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin etc...all top level guys. He’s got good skill, KO power and big heart. I don’t think he quit against Ruiz, he was just never recovered from the temple shot and was clueless on how to deal with Ruiz’s aggression after he got hurt.
For one, he cannot punch in combination with Ruiz, that’s how he kept getting caught. AJ will have to employ the Wlad Klitschko style of jab, jab, grab. Occasional power punch, but fight tall and be selective with his shots. It’s 90% mental, and seeing how he deals with the first big shot Ruiz lands will probably dictate how the fight will go. I’m still 50/50.

This. It's 50/50. Ruiz is quicker to the punch and is a tough guy to crack. OTOH, AJ can still utilize his physical advantages and showed in the first fight that he has the power to hurt Ruiz.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »
Probably another work, fixed just like the first one to create drama and bigger money. AJ is winning imo.

After seeing some suspect Wilder's ko, that travesty that was Kovalev-Canelo plus the mexican's career as a whole, boxing seems faker and faker.

Today with social media and technology it's much easier to expose this stuff compared to the decades before 2000s.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:56 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 01:55:03 PM »

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 06:02:31 PM »
I'm curious what Ruiz is going to weigh tomorrow.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »

His face was nicely pudgy at the final presser.  I think he'll weigh +/-5 of his weight for the first bout. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »

His trainer said he'll be around the same.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »
Ruiz has more power. He punches harder and knows how to bide his time to get that shot in. If Joshua played it smart he would just jab and move taking it to the late rounds where Ruiz might gas if he is active instead of covering up like a bad sparring partner. My prediction is Ruiz will win by KO. Looking at current video of Ruiz he looks  down in weight for him. Curious to see what he will weigh. Nope, not going to win a posing contest but think he's actually taking training more serious than before. He is the people's champ.