Author Topic: Joshua vs. Ruiz II  (Read 17886 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Joshua vs. Ruiz II
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Ruiz has more power. He punches harder and knows how to bide his time to get that shot in. If Joshua played it smart he would just jab and move taking it to the late rounds where Ruiz might gas if he is active instead of covering up like a bad sparring partner. My prediction is Ruiz will win by KO. Looking at current video of Ruiz he looks  down in weight for him. Curious to see what he will weigh. Nope, not going to win a posing contest but think he's actually taking training more serious than before. He is the people's champ.

how he punches harder when arum and top rank match-makers say he can't punch for a heavyweight?  so a temple shot and multiple knockdowns from the shot make him a hard puncher but Joshua gets up every time?  based on this logic willie nelson is a bigger puncher than jermell charlo. that's why his temple shot dropped harrison.   

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »
how he punches harder when arum and top rank match-makers say he can't punch for a heavyweight?  so a temple shot and multiple knockdowns from the shot make him a hard puncher but Joshua gets up every time?  based on this logic willie nelson is a bigger puncher than jermell charlo. that's why his temple shot dropped harrison.   

Keep trash typing. After the fight you will have to delete what you just typed after Ruiz knocks him out.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »
Keep trash typing. After the fight you will have to delete what you just typed after Ruiz knocks him out.

I'll be right here laughing just like Arum and his match-makers when the fight is over.  Ruiz was an afterthought.  Now, he is superman, and AJ's resume full of top 10 heavyweights is nothing.  See you after the fight when AJ has the belts back, and Ruiz will be on his way to getting knocked out by Wilder b/c PBC still needs to raise his profile.   

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 03:18:23 AM »
We'll know soon enough. :)

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 03:57:59 AM »
I think Ruiz would be an eternally bad matchup for Joshua. Fast hands and counterpunching ability is not really the best mix with a hw who can be hurt when you touch his chin with anything serious. That, plus going toe to toe with any mexican fighter and trying to out crack him is usually going to end badly.. Any not named Fernando Vargas, anyway.. He is going to have to make it a boring fight to win. Rack up points jabbing and staying out of Ruiz's wheelhouse.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 04:04:18 AM »
I think Ruiz would be an eternally bad matchup for Joshua. Fast hands and counterpunching ability is not really the best mix with a hw who can be hurt when you touch his chin with anything serious. That, plus going toe to toe with any mexican fighter and trying to out crack him is usually going to end badly.. Any not named Fernando Vargas, anyway.. He is going to have to make it a boring fight to win. Rack up points jabbing and staying out of Ruiz's wheelhouse.

It's all mental with Joshua. If he's more Lennox Lewis than Mike Tyson,  he wins. If not, he folds. He hits Ruiz with that left hook that knocks out almost any other heavyweight again and doesn't get careless then he can build towards a stoppage or a comfy points win. So many variables here. Ruiz weight and attitude are what I'm most interested in seeing.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 04:17:32 AM »

I'm just not getting it.  In all the years on this board, no one has ever talked about Andy Ruiz.  Now, he is the ultimate unbeatable mexican heavyweight but his power is similar to Eric Molina.
 :-\  We should start a thread highlighting Willie Nelson than b.c he seems to be an expert at catching you in the pocket with a temple shot also.  Unbelievable how the bandwagon process works.  No short notice replacement this time Ruiz. The fight plays out like Povetkin, slower hands but better footwork and far superior power than ruiz along with head movement and 2nd level fighting (very good at bending at the waist, getting under jabs and popping up with hooks unlike ruiz). AJ will feed him the left with jabs to the head and mid-section, wearing him down and a potentially late stoppage.
. Pretty obvious didn't take him serious the 1st fight.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 05:27:41 AM »
Ruiz has a great chance of winning the rematch. Hes a better boxer than Joshua. He has faster hands and more coordination. If Joshua is making drastic changes like coming in much lighter, changing his style, it could be a real problem for him. I think his biggest problem with the first fight was his mental preparation.

Ruiz will probably win again in much the same fashion as the first fight. Joshua might do well early but the difference in hand speed and combination punching will be the difference once again.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »
Ruiz has a great chance of winning the rematch. Hes a better boxer than Joshua. He has faster hands and more coordination. If Joshua is making drastic changes like coming in much lighter, changing his style, it could be a real problem for him. I think his biggest problem with the first fight was his mental preparation.

Ruiz will probably win again in much the same fashion as the first fight. Joshua might do well early but the difference in hand speed and combination punching will be the difference once again.

Ruiz has horrible footwork, doesn't bob or weave, never fights 2nd level (probably can't b.c he is too thick in the waist),  moves forward in straight lines but he is ok at cutting off the rings similar to angulo.   Not sure where people are coming up with this stuff.  Joshua was 236 pounds vs Parker for mobility vs his normal 249 or so.  If he is under this weight then he is making drastic changes.  If he is over, then he is just adjusting for mobility again. Hence, nothing new.  

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »
i see joshua outboxing ruiz to a tko

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2019, 12:12:53 PM »
I'm just not getting it.  In all the years on this board, no one has ever talked about Andy Ruiz.  Now, he is the ultimate unbeatable mexican heavyweight but his power is similar to Eric Molina.
 :-\  We should start a thread highlighting Willie Nelson than b.c he seems to be an expert at catching you in the pocket with a temple shot also.  Unbelievable how the bandwagon process works.  No short notice replacement this time Ruiz. The fight plays out like Povetkin, slower hands but better footwork and far superior power than ruiz along with head movement and 2nd level fighting (very good at bending at the waist, getting under jabs and popping up with hooks unlike ruiz). AJ will feed him the left with jabs to the head and mid-section, wearing him down and a potentially late stoppage.

I don’t know where you’re getting the unbeatable Mexican from.
Yes he did Beat Anthony & Convincingly he destroyed him Mentally
Can Anthony beat him sure he can - Though why you’re unable to give an unknow
Like John any credit Is a little odd.
Personally I’d like to see John win again - Though with the amount of $s & Hype involved
Around Anthony - I could believe a fix is sorted. Though as stated Anthony is capable of
Producing a win on his own.
Money Talks & Huge Money Talks very loudly.
I also do t see Anthony as This Great Fighter / Boxer.
He’s Good - A younger Klitschko would of Beat him & Lennox would’ve Destroyed Him.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 07:25:37 PM »
Who said he's unbeatable? I said his skillset is not a great matchup for Joshua and never would be. Sure he's fat, but he has fast hands(fast as in fast, not just for his division), throws in combinations and seems to have decent life in his punches.. That's not great for a guy who can be rocked and has some stamina issues. I think Fury would slaughter Ruiz and wilder would probably look ugly for a time until something vicious got through one of his incoming hooks.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Honestly, for the freak show spectacle fight, Ruiz really has to win now.. He wins this, I don't put him in there with anyone but the winner or wilder-fury. You either cash him out in a big way or if he manages to win again, you get a double payday if that wilder rematch is close enough where neither lose face..  Joshua losing the way he did effectively overcooked the wilder fight. Eddie Hearn is incompetent... Mishandled this spectacularly...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2019, 07:50:44 PM »
Ruiz has horrible footwork, doesn't bob or weave, never fights 2nd level (probably can't b.c he is too thick in the waist),  moves forward in straight lines but he is ok at cutting off the rings similar to angulo.   Not sure where people are coming up with this stuff.  Joshua was 236 pounds vs Parker for mobility vs his normal 249 or so.  If he is under this weight then he is making drastic changes.  If he is over, then he is just adjusting for mobility again. Hence, nothing new.  

I dont think Ruiz is unbeatable or invincible but Joshua certainly is vulnerable. Also Joshua ain't exactly light on his feet either. Joshua got exposed in the first fight. Even if he wins the rematch his aura of invincibility is gone. He's tarnished. I wouldn't give him much of a chance against Ortiz or Wilder. I'm not sure how he'd match up with Fury.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2019, 07:51:38 PM »
Andy Ruiz has never been a joke.  At least not to anyone who really follows boxing.  He could arguably be undefeated.  His loss to Joseph Parker was by the narrowest of margins.  Made me sick in the lead up to the Joshua fight hearing "experts" like Teddy Asshole Atlas and others talking about his physique.  It's not a bodybuilding contest.  If it were, Frank Bruno would still be fighting and be like 99-0.

Also, Joshua had the best resume of all the heavyweights up until he lost to Ruiz.  To sleep on him is silly.  He doesn't have a glass jaw.  He took a shot to the temple and his legs never came back.  He didn't not look like himself even during his ringwalk and pre fight introductions.  His pedigree is as good as it gets in the division.  

If he wins in a good fight, a trilogy is in the cards.  If he does Ruiz like Lennox did Rahman, he moves on to the winner of Wilder and Fury.  

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2019, 08:19:42 PM »
Andy Ruiz has never been a joke.  At least not to anyone who really follows boxing.  He could arguably be undefeated.  His loss to Joseph Parker was by the narrowest of margins.  Made me sick in the lead up to the Joshua fight hearing "experts" like Teddy Asshole Atlas and others talking about his physique.  It's not a bodybuilding contest.  If it were, Frank Bruno would still be fighting and be like 99-0.

Also, Joshua had the best resume of all the heavyweights up until he lost to Ruiz.  To sleep on him is silly.  He doesn't have a glass jaw.  He took a shot to the temple and his legs never came back.  He didn't not look like himself even during his ringwalk and pre fight introductions.  His pedigree is as good as it gets in the division.  

If he wins in a good fight, a trilogy is in the cards.  If he does Ruiz like Lennox did Rahman, he moves on to the winner of Wilder and Fury.  

Solid post

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »

Though not fleet of foot, he's got good balance, which is how he gets power.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2019, 07:19:24 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXHxDQ8d2o

AJ comes at 237, which was the same weight for the Parker fight.  Like I said, nothing really new since he has done it before.  Lardo came in at 283 (15 lbs more).  ME heat takes a toll on him.  AJ by UD or TKO late.   No short notice opponent this time or temple shots.  Check Michael Montero who said he has always been inconsistent in training in LA.  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
Ruiz is gonna get his fat ass kicked. I'm changing my pick.  Joshua is going to win. 283?  You fat fuck!  Not going for 12 rounds I see.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2019, 09:26:59 AM »
Joshua's lost size and has come in about 10lbs lighter.
But but but  I thought the more muscle you had the better fighter you automatically are.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2019, 09:56:23 AM »
I have to question this now. I can't believe Ruiz came in at 283lbs. He didn't  look grossly out of shape at the weigh in. If he didn't train hard for this then Joshua may win.  WTF was thinking coming in heavier?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2019, 02:16:03 PM »
Hmmmm....well for all his talk about what all those belts mean too him if he believes training whenever he wants eating everything under the sun, partying etc...well that path has been trodden many times before bye many ex champions so perhaps Ruiz knows something we don’t about history witch doesn’t apply too him.

@ 283lbs he’s fast tracked his preparation for the rematch (witch obviously he’s done) should bye all means help Joshua because he won’t get a 3rd chance...here’s his chance take advantage of it and send a message too Mr Ruiz.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »
Joshua's lost size and has come in about 10lbs lighter.
But but but  I thought the more muscle you had the better fighter you automatically are.
I think he has had a tribal tattoo to compensate for the lost muscle tissue

Hes not stupid..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »
Ruiz is 283lbs!!!!!!! WTF?  I must have seen old video of him in training that I thought was current.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2019, 02:37:28 PM »
That extra weight wont effect him much if at all......he`s fought at a heavier weight in the past.