Author Topic: Both Political Parties Have Huge Problems  (Read 1517 times)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Both Political Parties Have Huge Problems
« on: March 05, 2021, 05:04:08 PM »
Democrats: The progressive world view is NOT in line with the way most Americans see things. Will Democrats be able to keep their progressive excesses in check? If not, they will hit a brick wall.

Republicans: They convey that they want to be the “working man’s” party. But they can’t help themselves from going straight to the other side (look at the US Senate at this very moment). Their actions are straight out of the playbook of corporate America. The contradiction eventually will to be too big to paper over.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Both Political Parties Have Huge Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 05:05:16 PM »
Democrats: The progressive world view is NOT in line with the way most Americans see things. Will Democrats be able to keep their progressive excesses in check? If not, they will hit a brick wall.

Republicans: They convey that they want to be the “working man’s” party. But they can’t help themselves (look at the US Senate at this very moment). Their actions are straight out of the playbook of corporate America. The contradiction eventually will to be too big to paper over.

They need a real leader like Donarudo Torumpo
Q

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 05:15:42 PM »
America is done and there's nothing to be done to help it. You've been living social and politic indecence for at least 3 decades...  The best thing to do is to be prepared to accept being out of the top 3 as international power.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 05:55:44 PM »
America is done and there's nothing to be done to help it. You've been living social and politic indecence for at least 3 decades...  The best thing to do is to be prepared to accept being out of the top 3 as international power.

fuck off third world trash

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »

& you are from Mali , right   :D

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 04:59:40 AM »

fuck off third world trash
I live in a better political and social environnement than you do. There's less homeless and poverty in my country. We don't have to deal with genders, angry women, weirdo, fags. I'm not afraid of being falsely accused of rape by a random woman or get fucked by a failed judicial system.
 I'm not scared of being shot in a parking lot or endure police violence because of a broken tail light.

You're out of your mind if you think you are in a good place.  ;)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:12 AM »
Where you from blueeyes?

Can I move there?

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 07:04:46 AM »

Warts and all, well over half the world’s innovations still come from the United States of America (think Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson as just one recent  example). So your pristine nation will be subject to our influence for some time to come. I was pointing out the dysfuctionality of our current politics, but in no way meaning to disparage our nation or our core values.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 07:06:40 AM »
I live in a better political and social environnement than you do. There's less homeless and poverty in my country. We don't have to deal with genders, angry women, weirdo, fags. I'm not afraid of being falsely accused of rape by a random woman or get fucked by a failed judicial system.
 I'm not scared of being shot in a parking lot or endure police violence because of a broken tail light.

You're out of your mind if you think you are in a good place.  ;)

What country is it?

I'd love to go there
Q

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 07:35:52 AM »
Not going to share info about where I live but there's plenty of places that you'd rather live in instead of america. Those 3rd world countries are good places sometimes, especially if you have money and live in nice areas with very low crime rates.

Warts and all, well over half the world’s innovations still come from the United States of America (think Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson as just one recent  example). So your pristine nation will be subject to our influence for some time to come. I was pointing out the dysfuctionality of our current politics, but in no way meaning to disparage our nation or our core values.
I know America is still producing and creating but any good numbers you're looking at will be going down and down due to political problems.

You don't mean to disparage your nation but facts are saying  otherwise.
The last election fiasco alone is saying too much about it. I think the great men that built america are all gone and you are left with a bunch of politicians and businessmen with no sense of responsability and are incapable to hold america together anymore.

America is already divided from within, in a shit load of debt, couldn't handle the covid crises let alone help other countries as the first world power should... your next generations sucks and only wait for government handouts. Shit is not good, just look at youtube about any campus  university in the united state and another one in China you'll see that there's a huge difference in discipline, motivation and hard work.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 07:41:58 AM »
The USA has always been a ruthless society.  The strong survive.

Wealthy Chinese families send their kids to college in America.  Nobody sends their kids to Chinese colleges.

Nobody emigrates to China.  Nobody emigrates to 3rd world countries to make their fortune.

They want to come to America or western countries, usually because the political system in their own country is so f*cked.

The US has the best universities in the world.

China is very f*cked.  They have huge problems.

Yes, a few take the money they made in America and go to a 3rd world country to live because it's cheap.  But they couldn't make it there.

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 07:50:40 AM »

Wealthy Chinese families send their kids to college in America.  Nobody sends their kids to Chinese colleges.

Nobody emigrates to China.  Nobody emigrates to 3rd world countries to make their fortune.

They want to cone to America.

U.S. is still recovering from the pandemic and hesitating about the reopening of its economy while China is projecting itself as a country that has put the pandemic behind and made economic growth in the second half of 2020.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55699971#:~:text=China's%20economy%20grew%20at%20the,to%20slump%20in%20early%202020.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 08:10:13 AM »
China will implode in the next couple decades.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »
Not going to share info about where I live but there's plenty of places that you'd rather live in instead of america. Those 3rd world countries are good places sometimes, especially if you have money and live in nice areas with very low crime rates.
I know America is still producing and creating but any good numbers you're looking at will be going down and down due to political problems.

You don't mean to disparage your nation but facts are saying  otherwise.
The last election fiasco alone is saying too much about it. I think the great men that built america are all gone and you are left with a bunch of politicians and businessmen with no sense of responsability and are incapable to hold america together anymore.

America is already divided from within, in a shit load of debt, couldn't handle the covid crises let alone help other countries as the first world power should... your next generations sucks and only wait for government handouts. Shit is not good, just look at youtube about any campus  university in the united state and another one in China you'll see that there's a huge difference in discipline, motivation and hard work.

USA has problems, but it is still the best place to live overall.  Some countries may be better in individual aspects (time off, crime, etc.) but when you take into account entire picture there's no question.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 09:15:09 AM »
U.S. is still recovering from the pandemic and hesitating about the reopening of its economy while China is projecting itself as a country that has put the pandemic behind and made economic growth in the second half of 2020.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55699971#:~:text=China's%20economy%20grew%20at%20the,to%20slump%20in%20early%202020.
::)
China is projecting itself as..... they invented the virus. Then denied it originated there. No one cares what China projects.

America sucks. Hooray. I hope you live long enough to see the demise you’re predicting so you can see how it affects you.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 09:44:00 AM »

Well then - you have just shown you know jack shit. I do business with China routinely since I'm in the semiconductor business. They are hurting majorly. Not a day goes by without my ex-suppliers begging for business. I put all my Chinese customers on payment in advance now since their ability to pay is tenuous.

But keep reading the media- you'll feel better being blissfully ignorant.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 09:49:11 AM »
China will implode in the next couple decades.

I doubt it will be that long. Their planned economy isn't working anymore because automation is taking the labor content out of the production of goods. The economic edge that China had- making things for pennies on the dollar- is rapidly eroding because automation is so cheap. I'm building a pick in place system for a customer and the cost is now in the thousands, not hundreds of thousands, of dollars like it was 10 years ago. The system will replace three people and increase production speed by 100%.

Additive manufacturing, aka "3D printing" is revolutionizing the manufacture of goods as well. I have one US supplier that can build metal parts with incredibly intricate designs completely by PC and 3D machine. Their prices are a fraction of what Asian machining companies can do.

China? Who needs China, lol.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 10:09:29 AM »

They want to come to America or western countries, usually because the political system in their own country is so f*cked.

Yes, a few take the money they made in America and go to a 3rd world country to live because it's cheap.  But they couldn't make it there.

I am a liberal and you a conservative, but I agree with everything above. You can make an argument (as he does) that we are declining and YES we have significant problems but your examples are right on target. Who the HELL wants to move to China? And same for Russia. I had a couple try to rent an apartment I own and they seemed fine. Up to the point that I discovered they were tourists from Russia trying to have a baby here (an anchor baby, of course). Can you, in your wildest imagination, conceive of a sane American trying to run over to Moscow to have a baby??

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 11:44:15 AM »
When the people that get free stuff have more political power than those that pay taxes, it's the end of the country as founded. We were just about there already, but the covid shutdowns have ensured it.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »
China has huge problems with an ageing population, widespread corruption and the threat of automation. Clamping down on dissent by creating social credits and surveillance is about as stupid as it gets. Look how attempted suppression of basic human behaviour worked for the USSR.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2021, 12:39:59 PM »
China has huge problems with an ageing population, widespread corruption and the threat of automation. Clamping down on dissent by creating social credits and surveillance is about as stupid as it gets. Look how attempted suppression of basic human behaviour worked for the USSR.

They have no tangible age 30-something workforce.
Y

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »
They have no tangible age 30-something workforce.

Implosion is coming for the phoney communists!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
If and when 3 Gorges Dam collapses China will have serious problems really fast!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »

Poor examples. Pfizer vaccine came from a couple of Turks based in Germany. Johnson came from Belgium.

American money partnered up with foreign innovation in 2 out of 3 of those examples.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2021, 02:18:08 PM »
Poor examples. Pfizer vaccine came from a couple of Turks based in Germany. Johnson came from Belgium.

American money partnered up with foreign innovation in 2 out of 3 of those examples.

Well, you have a point about the Western European connection (and the brilliant Turks involved) but here is how I would respond:
The US is involved in all three of those, not Belgium, not Germany. As for J&J, that one feels heavily American to me, with that European unit being part of J&J since the 1960s and so much of the effort on that vaccine unfolding at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston.