Author Topic: Does it matter to the average Trump supporter that he lied?  (Read 3503 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Does it matter to the average Trump supporter that he lied?
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »
He has been recorded many times over saying this tax reform would be bad for him. His "friends" were mad at him... We now know what we suspected at the time, he was outright lying. But does it matter to his base? I think not. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Does it matter to the average Trump supporter that he lied?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
What did he lie about? It was a campaign promise.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 04:16:44 AM »
He has been recorded many times over saying this tax reform would be bad for him. His "friends" were mad at him... We now know what we suspected at the time, he was outright lying. But does it matter to his base? I think not. 

Yes, this will be the end of Trump for sure!
a

QuietYou

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:27:45 AM »

The thing about the diet cokes was one of the most feeble and desperate attempts at a reach i've ever seen by the left. They just get more and more pathetic by the day.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 04:45:37 AM »
I’m starting to get the feeling that there are some people of the liberal persuasion who don’t like this Trump fellow: ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 04:57:42 AM »

Has any politician you have ever supported never lied?  Are you holding Trump to an unfair/unrealistic higher standard than any other politician?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »

It is worrisome that a man who so honorably served his community as Agnostic did could be so naive and child like in his thought process.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »
I love it that liberals think cutting taxes and letting people keep more of their own money is somehow a bad thing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »
I love it that liberals think cutting taxes and letting people keep more of their own money is somehow a bad thing.

It's a bad thing only because the wealthy get to keep even more money and for much longer than the middle class.  Not fair.  Everyone must be equally miserable.  Obama did better in this regard, by doing nothing about it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 06:47:54 AM »
It is worrisome that a man who so honorably served his community as Agnostic did could be so naive and child like in his thought process.

You have to consider where he worked. I’ve been around cops all my life and I’ve never seen one as liberal as Agnostic.

Austin.com » Study: Yes, Austin Is More Liberal Than San Francisco

https://austin.com/turns-out-austin-more-liberal-san-francisco/

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »
What do you tell your kids? Its okay to break the rules, lie, or sexual assault women(because they allow you to do it)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »
What do you tell your kids? Its okay to break the rules, lie, or sexual assault women(because they allow you to do it)

Good question.  What do you tell your kids?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 08:25:10 AM »
I see, but Obama and the entire left lying for 8 straight years about everything was ok? Geezuz ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »

lol  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »
Yeah, I dont like some of the bs from Trump - but so far his performance in office is going pretty good. 

I can tell mainly from the meltdowns of the hardcore left wing twinks on a daily basis he is effective. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »
Yeah, I dont like some of the bs from Trump - but so far his performance in office is going pretty good. 

I can tell mainly from the meltdowns of the hardcore left wing twinks on a daily basis he is effective. 

Agree.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 10:31:40 AM »

I can't speak for liberals, but my take on this tax bill is that it does cut taxes for middle americans, temporarily, bigger cuts for corporations (rich) are permanent. Trump lied about how it will impact him. I guess as most of you are saying, so what, who expects their President to tell the truth. The tax reform bill is a start, but it doesn't go far enough. Hopefully it will be revisited over the next few years as the tax cuts for americans start expiring. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »
What did he lie about? It was a campaign promise.

So you are saying, as President, Donald never said the tax bill would not be beneficial to him?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:27 AM »

The diet coke story was ridiculous. CNN is obsessed with all things Donald Trump. That doesn't mean they don't get it right sometimes

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »

the fact I spent 30+ years  maintaining my integrity, in a world where what you say matters and truth is important, I'm sensitive to others lying. Spent a lot of time weeding through stories looking for the truth and non truth. It bugs the crap out of me that the President, who should be held to a higher standard, is so willy nilly with his lies and either nobody cares, or they can't see them because of bias. I've met pathological liars before, seeing one as President is like seeing a sexual predator as a marriage counselor. Makes no sense to me

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
I can't speak for liberals, but my take on this tax bill is that it does cut taxes for middle americans, temporarily, bigger cuts for corporations (rich) are permanent. Trump lied about how it will impact him. I guess as most of you are saying, so what, who expects their President to tell the truth. The tax reform bill is a start, but it doesn't go far enough. Hopefully it will be revisited over the next few years as the tax cuts for americans start expiring. 

::) 

A lot of wealthy NYrs are going to pay a lot more in taxes - isnt that what libfags such as yourself keep screaming for?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »
the fact I spent 30+ years  maintaining my integrity, in a world where what you say matters and truth is important, I'm sensitive to others lying. Spent a lot of time weeding through stories looking for the truth and non truth. It bugs the crap out of me that the President, who should be held to a higher standard, is so willy nilly with his lies and either nobody cares, or they can't see them because of bias. I've met pathological liars before, seeing one as President is like seeing a sexual predator as a marriage counselor. Makes no sense to me

And since you care so much about the truth, you also understand that a lie is something the person knows to be false at the time they make the statement, and not simply something that turns out to be false/inaccurate. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
And since you care so much about the truth, you also understand that a lie is something the person knows to be false at the time they make the statement, and not simply something that turns out to be false/inaccurate. 

Certainly

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Funny you never seemed to care when it was obama or hillary lying. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Certainly

Are you making that distinction with Trump?