Author Topic: How to ruin your own bodybuilding life  (Read 4451 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How to ruin your own bodybuilding life
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:55 AM »
1. Start to question what has worked for you  and listen to other gym bros who make no progress.

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: How to ruin your own bodybuilding life in 3 esy steps
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:31 AM »
1) Believe that bodybuilding is a worthwhile endeavor as a competitor. Focus strictly on competitions

2). Read on the Internet that you're an impotent drug abusing wreck on the verge of bankruptcy with poor genetics.

3). Get caught befriending a bitter NPC official and be talked into doing favors for placings and recognition.  Become devastated when you find out that "friend" cost Lonny Temper jobs, and he wasn't even an active official,  and you'll never place well again.

*For complete recovery invest in PMMA and inject liberally.   Start your own supplement line and market it to the elite of the elite (basically teens and sexually confused middle aged men). Take advantage of YouTube and laugh all the way to the bank, donate your old car to Flintstones.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
i dunno, i just go to the fucking gym and work out.

never had some existential crisis about it, you people think about the most useless shit
truth,,,

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:03 AM »
1. Start to question what has worked for you  and listen to other gym bros who make no progress.

2. Quit competing, gain fat wt ( aka perma bulker) and become a  judge and or pro BB fan boy .

3. Post bout it on getbig.com and seriously consider the feedback

Result = You gradually hate bodybuilding and wonder why you ever lifted a wt.

Most ruin their "bodybuilding" life by growing up and getting a job, family and responsibilities.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »
Most ruin their "bodybuilding" life by growing up and getting a job, family and responsibilities.
truth,,,

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »

never had some existential crisis about it, you people think about the most useless shit

X2

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
4.  Be like Kamali

;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
lol at competing...Getting on stage in your underwear in front of mostly homosexuals isn't "competing". Even if they do give you a trophy for stuffing your thong with a sock...

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:32:54 PM »
Quitting competitive bodybuilding, may ruin your bodybuilding life, but will save your pockets , organs, joints, hips, hair, quality of life and even your life in general ...not to mention you will look a lot younger if take the permabulker route and happier with the free eating that comes with it .

WoooSSSHHHH   

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »
4.Have kids.  ::)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
Sign with blackstone labs and believe that pj dong has your best interests in mind
w

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »

And take drugs.

Without gear you would have quit 20 years ago.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
Only if I can blast  some pungent gas from my fart locker in your face. :-*

Your proposal is acceptable to me, I accept. Now that we have a legally enforceable contract we can work out the details via PM. Thank you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How to ruin your own bodybuilding life in 3 easy steps
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »
What I have seen through my decades of being involved in bodybuilding is the same pattern. Guys come into the gym and lift for awhile. Then they learn about drugs from users and the drug dealers. They make fantastic and drastic change. They enjoy all the compliments they get. Seeing their body change and the weights go up from week to week is addicting. While on the drugs they feel fantastic mentally with more confidence and aggression. Many of the young guys just fall into the steroid lifestyle of cycling on and off forever. Many lost the opportunity to seriously pursue an education toward a career. The most important thing was funding the expensive steroid drug habit of syringes, vials and pills. Many of the guys I knew from back in the day died in their 50's. Mainly heart attacks. The guys that eventually stopped juicing and seemingly they all did at some point due to health, arrest or finances looked like they never exercised in their life now.  

Personally I have been lifting and running since I was about 13. Now as I'm closing in on 60 I am painfully letting go of heavy lifting. It hurts my pride not to lift heavy. No, I was never an animal but for a 180lbs guy I always did stuff like every back day I  would deadlift  using 405lbs for my sets and used upwards of 300 lbs in the bench in a bodybuilding routine. I have boxed with 5 fights and ground fought submission style on the mats before UFC One existed. No, I am not a bad ass. Now my joints are shot. Both of my shoulders throb every night. It's hard to sleep. At this stage I realize that maybe if I never heard of weights and used running and body weight exercises I would have been fight ready, ripped and athletically healthy instead of shot joints. But I digress.  

I still am in awe of what drugs, genetics and hard work will look like on a bodybuilding stage but maybe roughly circa 1990 and prior. I will just continue my fitness crap. I will lift and run.  If I run anymore than I am now no one will accuse me of lifting weights. I want to look tight, thin and like an aging athlete. LOL.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »
What I have seen through my decades of being involved in bodybuilding is the same pattern. Guys come into the gym and lift for awhile. Then they learn about drugs from users and the drug dealers. They make fantastic and drastic change. They enjoy all the compliment they get. Seeing their body change and the weights go up from week to week is addicting. While on the drugs they feel fantastic mentally with more confidence and aggression. Many of the young guys just fall into the steroid lifestyle of cycling on and off forever. Many lost the opportunity to seriously pursue an education toward a career. The most important thing was funding the expensive steroid drug habit of syringes, vials and pills. Many of the guys I knew from back in the day died in their 50's. Mainly heart attacks. The guys that eventually stopped juicing and seemingly they all did at some point due to health, arrest or finances looked like they never exercised in their life now.  

Personally I have been lifting and running since I was about 13. Now as I'm closing in on 60 I am painfully letting go of heavy lifting. It hurts my pride not to lift heavy. No, I was never an animal but for a 180lbs guy I always did stuff like every back day I  would deadlift  using 405lbs for my sets and used upwards of 300 lbs in the bench in a bodybuilding routine. I have boxed with 5 fights and ground fought submission style on the mats before UFC One existed. No, I am not a bad ass. Now my joints are shot. Both of my shoulders throb every night. It's hard to sleep. At this stage I realize that maybe if I never heard of weights and used running and body weight exercises I would have been fight ready, ripped and athletically healthy instead of shot joints. But I digress.  

I still am in awe of what drugs, genetics and hard work will look like on a bodybuilding stage but maybe roughly circa 1990 and prior. I will just continue my fitness crap. I will lift and run.  If I run anymore than I am now no one will accuse me of lifting weights. I want to look tight, thin and like an aging athlete. LOL.

Do you think the joint pain is strictly the heavy lifting or just the lifting lifestyle?

I've notice many older (older than 60) family members get joints, knees, hips replaced. And none of them were active in a physical lifestyle,  I'm just curious if aging just kills the body in general.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »
Do you think the joint pain is strictly the heavy lifting or just the lifting lifestyle?

I've notice many older (older than 60) family members get joints, knees, hips replaced. And none of them were active in a physical lifestyle,  I'm just curious if aging just kills the body in general.

This is purely speculation but I'm leaning toward this explanation. Genetics plays a big role in joint health. Outside of that I believe joint problems happen for the majority because of non use. Yes I believe that if you lead a sedentary lifestyle the bones, ligaments, tendons and the rest isn't strong leading to degeneration  problems. The bones are not dense. We all know the 50 year old woman that did nothing her life with being physical having her hip replaced. On the opposite end of the spectrum is someone like me that wore their joints out lifting heavy for over 40 years. I doubt there is a big bench press guy over 50 that doesn't have problems with a shoulder or elbow. If he doesn't that's an anomaly.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:03 AM »
Check out my BBW thread....will make you feel much better