Author Topic: Goodrum giving some advice to Aaron Singerman  (Read 6143 times)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Goodrum giving some advice to Aaron Singerman
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:43:14 AM »
On the topic of free shipping when ordering online.

I have no idea what he's talking about... As long as the product is fairly priced and shipping is free, I am WAY more likely to place my order. I've had it happen where a company was selling a product for less than it cost to ship it. There's no way I'm ordering if that's the case!
That's why I order off AliExpress all the time lol. Cheap product, free shipping.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Goodrum giving some advice to Aaron Singerman
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:55 AM »
It's better overall because most people can't do the maths or look at the shipping AFTER seeing the price they liked and change their minds. It simplifies it.

Offering a surcharge to people in remote areas where shipping is expensive is fair enough as they would be used to that anyway.

I have bought comics online a few times to find stuff I could never find to complete sets, there is a good site Mile High Comics with heaps of back issues. He offered free shipping if you bought a certain dollar amount (then a surcharge only if you bought over a certain amount of items internationally due to weight). He said it cost him a bit more to do the free shipping to everyone however the increase in sales was easily worth it from the volume he had received since offering.

Vince is making an example based upon two of HIS websites. What a great range of companies to base this on  ::) ::) ::)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:13:46 AM »
Also, Vince jumps right to his profit, which wasn't the question. Of course profit goes down if you have to eat shipping costs, dumbass. The question was does it move the top line, not the bottom.

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 05:22:45 AM »
They can afford to do free shipping all the time since they are already gauging people on the cost of the products.
I know, you don't

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:11:48 AM »
I avoid aspartame, asulfame k, phenylalanine, alcohol sugar, and lactose so there are really only a few supplements that are useable. Therefore, I always get the lowest price available that includes shipping.

For important stuff, like cigars, you have to shop around and consider shipping costs. I don't shop much now because trial and error have pretty much shown there are only about 4 good sources for my favorite cigars.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:13:41 AM »
I'd like Goodrum to start taking advice from Andrew Cunnanan

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
Melvin Vince Goodrum is CSN, MFT, and owner, CEO, President and Pontiff of The Caliber Fitness Empire, supplement tycoon, Beepollen Behemoth, Bitcoin bedlam, fitness industry insider, wrestling legend and promoter Venom Vince Versace.
X

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »
Well, when you have virtually no sales since your website is a cookie cutter template with silly prices, no web presence or inventory, free shipping means nothing.

it's like Melvin Goodrum giving advices on dieting, carbing up or being realistic.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »
Melvin should stop giving people  business advices.. He sucks at that

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
Melvin Vince Goodrum is CSN, MFT, and owner, CEO, President and Pontiff of The Caliber Fitness Empire, supplement tycoon, Beepollen Behemoth, Bitcoin bedlam, fitness industry insider, wrestling legend and promoter Venom Vince Versace.

don't forget the greasy 8 inch kielbasa

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
bodybuilding.com does suck. Amazon prime is cheaper on most products. ;)
A

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 03:32:01 PM »
bodybuilding.com does suck. Amazon prime is cheaper on most products. ;)
You're not being a teamplayer.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
You're not being a teamplayer.
;D
ok
I meant... fuck melvin!! >:(
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »
That's an open question that Aaron put out to all of his friends but Aaron also PM's me as well on things as well.  I don't think it would be of a benefit because the shipping fees on Prime and Blackstone websites are pretty low.  That's actually one of the things that makes the brand so strong...its customer driven and Aaron and PJ always gets opinions from everyone before making decisions
A

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »
That's an open question that Aaron put out to all of his friends but Aaron also PM's me as well on things as well.  I don't think it would be of a benefit because the shipping fees on Prime and Blackstone websites are pretty low.  That's actually one of the things that makes the brand so strong...its customer driven and Aaron and PJ always gets opinions from everyone before making decisions

So you're claiming that Aaron & PJ privately & specifically ask for you advices from your years in the industry as a successful fitness & BB entrepreneur to make their own business decisions?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 04:30:15 PM »
So you're claiming that Aaron & PJ privately & specifically ask for you advices from your years in the industry as a successful fitness & BB entrepreneur to make their own business decisions?

Yes as well a lot of other people who own supplement companies.  One of those companies will be releasing a new product that I actually formulated.
A

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »

Yes as well a lot of other people who own supplement companies.  One of those companies will be releasing a new product that I actually formulated.

So you're so highly respected in the industry because of your reputation, business success & physique that companies actually ask you to ghost formulate their products?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 05:19:44 PM »
hahahaha strong???? Their brand is a joke-weak ass copycat products -their preworkouts is the weakest out there-I need 3 scoops to feel anything-their products sit on the shelves around here collecting dust while everything sells out around it
They should take notes from centurion labz or species
w

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »
I avoid aspartame, asulfame k, phenylalanine, alcohol sugar, and lactose so there are really only a few supplements that are useable. Therefore, I always get the lowest price available that includes shipping.

For important stuff, like cigars, you have to shop around and consider shipping costs. I don't shop much now because trial and error have pretty much shown there are only about 4 good sources for my favorite cigars.

You avoid alternative sweeteners--presumably for health reasons--but you smoke cigars? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »
You avoid alternative sweeteners--presumably for health reasons--but you smoke cigars? 

Artificial sweeteners affect my mood.

Alcohol sugar messes up my stomach.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »

"

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »

Vince, no disrespect, but let's get real. YOU formulated a dietary supplement?

What does that mean exactly, that you recommended a flavor? Or are you suggesting that you actually developed ratios of ingredients?

Someone (FF) Please add another Goodrum quote to the most hilarious thread.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »
Vince, no disrespect, but let's get real. YOU formulated a dietary supplement?

What does that mean exactly, that you recommended a flavor? Or are you suggesting that you actually developed ratios of ingredients?

Someone (FF) Please add another Goodrum quote to the most hilarious thread.

;D
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 08:25:22 PM »
Artificial sweeteners affect my mood.

interesting... can you share more on this?  What does it do to your mood?  Small doses like a can of diet soda?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »
Blackstone operates in a grey area and their biggest money makers will some be banned, they will be fined and have to give up the Lambos and Benzos. Tick tock..As for Melvin giving business advice ...LOL.
T