Author Topic: What's up with people making $15 an hour claiming they're starving?  (Read 10642 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Some Disney's workers are claiming they eat from garbage cans, they've been recently homeless, or that they just can't cover their basic needs.

According to a Disney's spokesperson, workers start with $15 an hour plus benefits. Either he/she's lying, or some people suck at managing their finances (what a shock ::)).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disney-heiress-livid-after-going-to-one-of-her-familys-theme-parks-undercover-2019-07-15?ch=10&share=b9251132

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: What's up with people making $15 an hour claiming they're starving?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
Some Disney's workers are claiming they eat from garbage cans, they've been recently homeless, or that they just can't cover their basic needs.

According to a Disney's spokesperson, workers start with $15 an hour plus benefits. Either he/she's lying, or some people suck at managing their finances (what a shock ::)).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disney-heiress-livid-after-going-to-one-of-her-familys-theme-parks-undercover-2019-07-15?ch=10&share=b9251132

People live beyond their means.Also though depends where you live.If I was single and made 600 on the books and 450 clear I would have a tough time living.between rent,car,ins,cell,cable,elec,gas,food.Fucking one bedroom apt around me is 1000.00 average.

In Florida though I think you would be ok.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 09:50:48 AM »
$15/hr + California COL = starving

simple math

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »

simple math

I see. How much do you need to live in California? Assume a family of 4.

Tbomzisback!

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
You can't find a studio apartment in the bay area for less than 2,000/month.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 10:13:35 AM »
Everyone deserves at least a car newer than 5 years old, 3 kids in school (private only), and Starbucks.

Arm the hopeless.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »
15$ an hour in this economy sucks balls even if you live alone no wife and kids
rent 80 to 1200 month in small apt
car insurance
phone bill
electric bill
food
poverty level ...
p

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:40:27 AM »
A lot of people live like absolute fucking arseholes desperate to keep up the front of a life they can’t afford, it’s far more common these days with everyone wanting to look good on social media, I personally know people who haven’t a pot to piss in yet like to be seen eating out at pubs and restaurants, going on weekends away and holidays yet almost every single week have to ask for a sub out their weeks wages on Monday morning so they can afford food and their gas and electric meter has dropped. People are so spoiled, Soft and entitled these days they want a luxury lifestyle whether they can afford it or not. Fucking pathetic

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »

They pay 15 dollars an hour but the vast majority of employees are part time.  Hours are also at random so they can't seek an secondary job.   Shit is more common in dept store malls...some employee will be called in to work only 2 hours
A

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 10:49:48 AM »

They pay 15 dollars an hour but the vast majority of employees are part time.  Hours are also at random so they can't seek an secondary job.   Shit is more common in dept store malls...some employee will be called in to work only 2 hours
retail is the worst they hire more people than they need but give them under 40 hours so they don't have to offer health insurance
p

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »

Thanks for the info. Now it's making sense for me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »

It seems apparent that you don't live in a major city. $15 an hour barely pays the rent on a one bedroom apartment in Portland, OR  much less anywhere in southern California. People shouldn't have to choose between rent and food.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 11:10:15 AM »
15 an hour is more than enough. If it was up to me, I'd set min wage at around $6 per hour and no sick leave. You don't work, you don't get paid.

If you need to make more money, get an education lazy fuck.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 11:12:28 AM »
15 an hour is more than enough. If it was up to me, I'd set min wage at around $6 per hour and no sick leave. You don't work, you don't get paid.

If you need to make more money, get an education lazy fuck.
Well how do you expect them to buy all their gear eggs and rice.....Oh g4p like you
p

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 11:21:27 AM »
Well how do you expect them to buy all their gear eggs and rice.....Oh g4p like you

Lol rekt  ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »

simple math

Yeah but many of these $15 an hour employees are retired or young and live at home or with roommates.

California has Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Lowesn etc with many full time employees. They survive...

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

LOL..  I own a company and make plenty of money, so no g4p needed..

I pay my employees min wage in California and laugh if these lazy fucks want more money.

They make more than they deserve for what they do.

California is all about the employee, not the employer. (Dem state)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 11:25:49 AM »
Yeah but many of these $15 an hour employees are retired or young and live at home or with roommates.

California has Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Lowesn etc with many full time employees. They survive...

Rory works at CVS and I work at Auto Zone and we make it work.

We just have learned to budget our money appropriately. Actually, due to saving, Rory and I just purchased our first flat screen television.
X

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »
$15 = poverty pay....whooooo cares.
T

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 11:40:44 AM »

Housing prices in Anaheim (DISNEYLAND) and the surrounding area are RIDICULOUS.  A small apartment (studio or not much larger) starts around $1600/mo, small rented condo around $2000/mo, small rented house starts at $2700. A BEDROOM in someone's home starts around $800.
:

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 11:47:30 AM »
It seems apparent that you don't live in a major city. $15 an hour barely pays the rent on a one bedroom apartment in Portland, OR  much less anywhere in southern California. People shouldn't have to choose between rent and food.

That's when you get a roommate and a Tracfone.   
A

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »

That's when you get a roommate and a Tracfone.   

Bingo.. You want your own place and extra money in the bank, then go get a career and work harder.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 12:00:04 PM »
LOL..  I own a company and make plenty of money, so no g4p needed..

I pay my employees min wage in California and laugh if these lazy fucks want more money.

They make more than they deserve for what they do.

California is all about the employee, not the employer. (Dem state)
Whats your business armz
p

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 12:04:48 PM »
Housing prices in Anaheim (DISNEYLAND) and the surrounding area are RIDICULOUS.  A small apartment (studio or not much larger) starts around $1600/mo, small rented condo around $2000/mo, small rented house starts at $2700. A BEDROOM in someone's home starts around $800.

That's where low income housing come in.....you can also get a boarding room or stay at a hostel.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »

That's where low income housing come in.....you can also get a boarding room or stay at a hostel.

Vince, can I move in with you?
X