Author Topic: New Deadlift all time world record !!  (Read 2170 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: New Deadlift all time world record !!
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 06:50:24 PM »
Back in my day there were Olympic bars and Power lifting bars. The power lifting bars had just about zero bend intentionally to handle the big weights of power lifting. Now the deadlift bars are incredibly soft and bendable. Purposely made to cut the range of motion yet strong enough to not break. Just another cheat like lifting apparel. Olympic bars have some bend in them but you will see a slight bend with 315lbs. Yes they bend with 400 plus but that doesn't help lifting the bar over head. They are not doing a deadlift.  How many guys on the Olympia stage could clean and jerk 315lbs. I will answer. None.

Except a soft bar doesn't guarantee bigger numbers always. I know from experience. If you don't time it right the bar can sort of wobble and take you off from your groove.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 07:02:58 PM »
Except a soft bar doesn't guarantee bigger numbers always. I know from experience. If you don't time it right the bar can sort of wobble and take you off from your groove.

Years ago when i was into powerlifting, i went to Costa Rica and went to a local gym on San Jose.

I worked up to 315 on squats and the bar was whipping up and down so bad i almost lost my balance.

405 felt dangerous so i stopped.

I know these guys are strong, but i'm curious what they would pull with a real bar, even with all the equipment i bet it's ~20% difference.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 07:03:30 PM »
If your grip is incapable of holding onto the bar?  You didn't lift it.   Sumo deadlifting should not be legal in competition.  This ego based BS of wearing a special elastic suit to help you lift the weight is wrong.  It is done because men can only become so strong even on drugs and then...That's it.

Some have claimed to me a belt can add 30-40lbs to a deadlift. They probably never tested their beltless max but they feel it adds a lot in any case. Why should that be allowed? You already have a belt, the adominals, like Konstantinov said.

I don't think the knee sleeves make squats safer either, though that is given as a reason, they are used to increase poundage, even if only by a little bit. Bench shirts and suits and wraps were also marketed as "safety tools."

So what equipment do you approve of? An example to pondet, years back it was common for some to bench with very high heels, it was ridiculous. Better grip for the whole foot and easier to use leg drive. Cheating or not?

Strapped deadlift is just another strength demonstrating move, it demonstrates something, even if not grip strength, nothing "unreal" about it, even if it doesn't fit your ideal. Like I said, a lot of rules are completely arbitrary.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 07:10:46 PM »
Garbage lift.

Still strong.

The best part is the color profile of the room.

Adding to my "Top 10 Places to Retire" list.

Knew a Mexican dude years ago that was 5'4" and 155 pounds, could sumo pull 600 pounds.

Put that weight on a Texas power bar and let's talk.

:D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 07:10:59 PM »

Cutting the range down 8 plus inches absolutely gives your a bigger lift. Use an old power lifting bar with zero bend and raise the plates by 8 plus inches by putting the plates on plates to raise the bar. Instant better numbers on the deadlift.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2023, 07:14:14 PM »
Some have claimed to me a belt can add 30-40lbs to a deadlift. They probably never tested their beltless max but they feel it adds a lot in any case. Why should that be allowed? You already have a belt, the adominals, like Konstantinov said.

I don't think the knee sleeves make squats safer either, though that is given as a reason, they are used to increase poundage, even if only by a little bit. Bench shirts and suits and wraps were also marketed as "safety tools."

So what equipment do you approve of? An example to pondet, years back it was common for some to bench with very high heels, it was ridiculous. Better grip for the whole foot and easier to use leg drive. Cheating or not?

Strapped deadlift is just another strength demonstrating move, it demonstrates something, even if not grip strength, nothing "unreal" about it, even if it doesn't fit your ideal. Like I said, a lot of rules are completely arbitrary.

back in the mid 90s when demin bench shirts came out my x-coach Dr. JM Blakely yeah the guy who created the JM press flat out told me that some dudes were getting 300 pounds out of thier shirts :D :D :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2023, 07:27:08 PM »
Cutting the range down 8 plus inches absolutely gives your a bigger lift. Use an old power lifting bar with zero bend and raise the plates by 8 plus inches by putting the plates on plates to raise the bar. Instant better numbers on the deadlift.

I have tried all sorts of variations of deadlifts, from 15-46 years of age, one 15 year stretch I was deadlifting 300kg+ every single week almost (save for Christmas and New Years eve - but sometimes lifted even then). If you raised a deadlift start position and had lots of experience with rack lifts, you'd know some lose strength by cutting the range of motion. Typically the just under the knee part is the hardest part they say, easier to pull from the floor, due to some momentum and some other things. I gain strength the shorter the range but not everyone is the same.
I'm telling you, I've used a a soft deadlift bar for a few years. Did not increase my max. Not saying it wouldn't over even a longer period of time, but it's not automatic. About 4 years ago I did 770 with a stiff bar and 760 with a deadlift bar.  I think the cheap bar was over max safe capacity to be honest, bent so much.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2023, 07:46:15 PM »

I never competed in any powerlifting event.  I would say that if "raw" means unaided/unprotected then no belts, not bouncy straps or suits or shirts, no straps, no sleeves no ace bandages, nothing but you.

When I did bench pressing I raised both feet off the ground and crossed my ankles with legs bent at 90 degrees.  This removed any possibility of me arching a ridiculous amount or of my ass coming off the bench.  I wore sweatpants to squat in and tennis shoes.  No board beneath my ankles.  I also used ace bandages and a 4 inch belt but I had been challenged to do my squat workouts sans any belt or ace wraps and did so easily.  I used very light weights for sets of 20 or more reps.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2023, 07:56:31 PM »
Sumo is not a real deadlift.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 12:16:10 AM »
Have you guys deadlifted with these new deadlift bars?  They start bending with 315lbs.  With more weight it cuts the range of motion. Sumo deadlifts are bullshit cause they are barely getting the plates off the floor.  Having said that it's very impressive that he got that off the floor.

That's why I like Olympic lifting.  Get it over your head or you didn't do the lift. No way to cheat it.
I always felt like a total badass sumo deadlifting.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 02:15:52 AM »
The bar flex so much he pretty much just locks up. Still, it's so much weight i have to give him props.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 05:46:27 AM »
I never competed in any powerlifting event.  I would say that if "raw" means unaided/unprotected then no belts, not bouncy straps or suits or shirts, no straps, no sleeves no ace bandages, nothing but you.

When I did bench pressing I raised both feet off the ground and crossed my ankles with legs bent at 90 degrees.  This removed any possibility of me arching a ridiculous amount or of my ass coming off the bench.  I wore sweatpants to squat in and tennis shoes.  No board beneath my ankles.  I also used ace bandages and a 4 inch belt but I had been challenged to do my squat workouts sans any belt or ace wraps and did so easily.  I used very light weights for sets of 20 or more reps.

One piece of equipment that many powerlifters feel can "save you" in later years if worn diligenntly all your career. You know how the hips go  eventuallyon many powerlifters. So the advocate "briefs" always when deadllifting. The briefs are just like the bottom half of a squat suit, like extremely tight ball crushing underwear. I took to often wearing briefs where I'd cut off the top half of the suit. So many swear it saves the hips. I got maybe 10bs worth of extra pop from the bottom, hard to know exactly, but it does feel more forgiving, more stable, stronger.

Regarding suits, when I first tried someones deadlift suit in 2008 ,after a few practise sessions it gave me 115lbs on my max conventional.! My max was exactly 660lbs at that time.That's pretty much unheard of, sumo yes but sone don't get this even with sumo. Then there are many who don't get anything from a suit conventional. After this I trained for a decade until I could do my then suited max raw. Some know nothing said I hadn't gained anything, max was still the same, "but you don't understand, I've gained 115lbs on my raw deadlift!" Lol. Then the curious thing, trying on the old suit again it didn't give me anything extra! Very weird. I thought I might get 100lbs again, which would have landed me at 870lbs lol but I lost the benefit.

Regarding belts, I always deadlifted without a belt except for 1 rep max PRs. Then I wanted any possible advantage. I know they sell 2-3 inch sturdy powerlifting belts. Never got around to buying one, but the 4 inch can sometimes cut into your hips in the start position, make it too hard to breathe etc.

Bestia

• Getbig II
  • Mihi Legatum Est Victoria Mea
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2023, 09:31:29 AM »
Sumo should be in a different category.  Conventional deadlift is "the deadlift".  Sumo-style is something different.  It would be like doing reverse grip bench press for the bench press record. 

Just my opinion

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2023, 10:48:15 AM »
One side only came off the ground about 4 inches. Still give credit he got it all off the ground for a split second but that's a small range of motion and it never looked stable. I would think a quality deadlift bar wouldn't bend like that?

Deadlift bars are designed TO bend you total know-nothing bozo.

Any regular bar will start to sag over 500 pounds. Guess you’d know nothing about that, though.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2023, 10:56:06 AM »
… some dudes were getting 300 pounds out of their shirts.

Absolutely. Many get a lot more, even.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2023, 11:02:13 AM »
If your grip is incapable of holding onto the bar?  You didn't lift it.   Sumo deadlifting should not be legal in competition.  This ego based BS of wearing a special elastic suit to help you lift the weight is wrong.  It is done because men can only become so strong even on drugs and then...That's it.

Exactly.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 11:04:24 AM »
Sumo should be in a different category.  Conventional deadlift is "the deadlift".  Sumo-style is something different.  It would be like doing reverse grip bench press for the bench press record. 

Just my opinion
Sumo Deadlifts are different but in my opinion the best "economical" deadlift

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2023, 11:09:48 AM »

Just my opinion

You can reverse grip more than regular bench? That’s crazy. When I could bench 500 I think I reverse gripped 365. Very awkward movement.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2023, 12:04:39 PM »
Back in my day there were Olympic bars and Power lifting bars. The power lifting bars had just about zero bend intentionally to handle the big weights of power lifting. Now the deadlift bars are incredibly soft and bendable. Purposely made to cut the range of motion yet strong enough to not break. Just another cheat like lifting apparel. Olympic bars have some bend in them but you will see a slight bend with 315lbs. Yes they bend with 400 plus but that doesn't help lifting the bar over head. They are not doing a deadlift.  How many guys on the Olympia stage could clean and jerk 315lbs. I will answer. None.

Have you ever thought about joining an Olympic weightlifting forum?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2023, 12:12:49 AM »
Have you ever thought about joining an Olympic weightlifting forum?
Do they even exist?

Bestia

• Getbig II
  • Mihi Legatum Est Victoria Mea
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2023, 05:27:39 AM »
You can reverse grip more than regular bench? That’s crazy. When I could bench 500 I think I reverse gripped 365. Very awkward movement.

Whether you can do more or less with reverse grip is dependent on the person.  My point is sumo deadlift is sumo deadlift.  Deadlift is the deadlift.  Bench press is bench press and reverse grip bench is not bench press.

As far as people doing more with reverse - check out old Anthony Clark footage.  He surged into the spotlight shortly after Arcidi and Lane were battling for the world record but Clark used reverse grip

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2023, 10:29:23 AM »
Ronnie was stronger

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2023, 04:57:31 PM »

Just my opinion
Agreed Bestiality. Sumo isn't real deadlifting.

Ronnie was stronger
Was being the operative word there, Spamtits.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2023, 04:59:27 PM »
I reverse-pressed a very controlled and tight 405.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »
I reverse-pressed a very controlled and tight 405.
Did she have a cute face?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!