Author Topic: Democrat voters rank health care top issue - WTF about Obamacare?  (Read 474 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Democrat voters rank health care top issue - WTF about Obamacare?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
Obamacare still has a lot of involvement with health ins.
I'd like to see a GOV run "single payer" system myself.

Medicare and SS are going broke as it is.  Just what we need - double down on failure-  brilliant. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
No question we'd need some "tweeking" to make it work.
BUT, what's the solution then?
Do nothing and see everyone go broke paying higher and higher rates for health care?

Thats what obamacrapcare guarantees will happen.  The first thing to do is get rid of it altogether.  Obamacare was from the very outset a certain disaster and loser.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:37:56 AM »
I can't or won't even try to defend everything about Obamcare.
I've been a advocate for Gov backed "single payer" healthcare before Obamacare.
Most big insurers get 30% off the top for investor profits that have nothing to do with a doctor, medicine or hospital.

Ok, so we AGREE that we need to replace Obamacare with something new.
I've given my idea, what's yours?

I would get rid of insurance altogether other than a catstrophic plan sort of like homeowners insurance.  Everything else you pay out of pocket.  Prices would come down a lot.  Same for price transparency.  Most people have no need for all the mandatory shit failbamacare forces people to carry. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
I would get rid of insurance altogether other than a catstrophic plan sort of like homeowners insurance.  Everything else you pay out of pocket.  Prices would come down a lot.  Same for price transparency.  Most people have no need for all the mandatory shit failbamacare forces people to carry. 

Yours are the thoughts of a young person. When I was in my 20's and 30's I couldn't have cared less about health insurance. Homeowner's insurance is available with varying deductibles and coverage options. For example, I pay extra for earthquake insurance (which is no longer offered by my insurer). If I remember correctly, I have a $10,000 deductible. Some medical insurance plans offered have modest deductibles and some have fairly high deductibles. My Medicare advantage plan currently has a in network max out of pocket of 6,700.

Older folks are more likely to have chronic or acute conditions, such as kidney and heart failure. People with catastrophic health issues are a losing proposition for Heath care  insurance providers. Insuring healthy low risk people is the only way medical insurgence companies can survive. They could raise premiums on people with chronic conditions. But if they did, most of those people would not have the funds to pay exorbitant premiums because they are frequently living on a lower fixed income because they are either old or disabled.

Your plan would work, if the rest of us were willing to let these folks die rather than treating their life threatening conditions. I'm not sure most people would be on board with this idea yet.

The medication which cures hepatitis C, a chronic and eventually acute illness, is not affordable for most people: Harvoni's total treatment cost is $94,500 for a 12-week regimen. Hep C is a blood born pathogen and as such, it is highly contagious.The hepatitis C virus can survive outside of the body for up to 3 weeks. However, it can only do so at room temperature on clinical or household surfaces, such as a drawer handle or sink. In almost all cases, hepatitis C is spread through contact with infected blood. Approximately 3.5 million people in the United States are living with chronic HCV (hepatitis C virus).