Author Topic: Obama vs Romney  (Read 70666 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama vs Romney
« Reply #600 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Can't tell yet.   I think its 50/50 at this point TBH.  
Romney is running a milquetoast panzie ass campaign and Obama has his core base of racists, leeches, govt workers, communists, gays, etc.  
Right now I see it as 47-47 - and the middle 6-8% deciding this.  

Hey, it's ALWAYS 47 to 47, with the middle 5% deciding the election lol.

nate silver said the ppl that hate obama already know they do, and they proudly tell pollsters they are voting against him.

Romney's negatives aren't known to this middle 5% or 6% of voters yet.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #601 on: July 23, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

Hey, it's ALWAYS 47 to 47, with the middle 5% deciding the election lol.

nate silver said the ppl that hate obama already know they do, and they proudly tell pollsters they are voting against him.

Romney's negatives aren't known to this middle 5% or 6% of voters yet.  

Obamatron just spent 100 Million on negative ads against mittens and it didnt do squat. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #602 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: July 23, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
Romney is so clean and well-spoken.
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: July 23, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
Obamatron just spent 100 Million on negative ads against mittens and it didnt do squat.  

See, you say it didn't do squat.

I can say it was VERY effective.  Another bleak jobs report, and voters were offered an alternative who is one of the best finance minds in the nation (Romney).

And they didn't bite.  They didn't jump.  If the worst Obama would do was COMPLETELY NULLIFY ANY VOTER MARKET SHARE among a guy who PERFECT to fix the economy, I'd say his campaign was VERY effective.

Remember, romney only gets 2 big bumps.. .when he first won the nomination (which was quelled with this ad campaign) and when he chooses a veep (and you know the dems have something planned for that too).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: July 23, 2012, 03:14:04 PM »

I can say it was VERY effective.  Another bleak jobs report, and voters were offered an alternative who is one of the best finance minds in the nation (Romney).

And they didn't bite.  They didn't jump.  If the worst Obama would do was COMPLETELY NULLIFY ANY VOTER MARKET SHARE among a guy who PERFECT to fix the economy, I'd say his campaign was VERY effective.

Remember, romney only gets 2 big bumps.. .when he first won the nomination (which was quelled with this ad campaign) and when he chooses a veep (and you know the dems have something planned for that too).

Romnay and Obama have both been in the mid 40's for months.   The ads did nothing whatsoever but get obama 12 million in deficit last month. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: July 23, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
Oh My: New Poll Shows Obama's Bain Attacks Failing Miserably
 Townhall.com ^ | July 23, 2012 | Guy Benson

As Katie notes below, two new polls contain exceedingly worrisome news for Team Obama.  The first survey shows that voters are now assigning significantly more economic blame to President Obama (34 percent) than to President Bush (18 percent).  Congress -- control of which is split -- and Wall Street also shoulder some blame, at 23 and 20 percent, respectively.  Most troubling for Obama is Americans' general assessment of his economic policies:

The poll, conducted for The Hill by Pulse Opinion Research, found 53 percent of voters say Obama has taken the wrong actions and has slowed the economy down. Forty-two percent said he has taken the right actions to revive the economy, while six percent said they were not sure.  While 64 percent of voters consider this downturn to be “much more severe” than previous contractions, barely one quarter (26 percent) say the agonizingly slow pace of the recovery was unavoidable.

In other words, twice as many people believe Obama has impeded our recovery than say its historically sluggish pace was inevitable.  The silver lining for Obama is that many voters also express discontent with Congressional Republicans on these matters, but as the "blame" numbers indicate, the buck is finally beginning to stop on the president's desk.  The other bombshell poll comes from USA Today/Gallup.  It shows conclusively that Obama's scorched-earth and factually inaccurate campaign of vilifying Romney's leadership at Bain Capital has been a flop of epic proportions (bear in mind that this is a survey of adults; not likely, or even registered, voters):

By more than 2-1, 63%-29%, those surveyed say Romney's background in business, including his tenure at the private equity firm Bain Capital, would cause him to make good decisions, not bad ones, in dealing with the nation's economic problems over the next four years. The findings raise questions about Obama's strategy of targeting Bain's record in outsourcing jobs and hammering Romney for refusing to commit to releasing more than two years of his tax returns. Instead, Americans seem focused on the economy, where disappointment with the fragile recovery and the 8.2% unemployment rate are costing the president.

Indeed, this data certainly does "raise questions" about Obama's slash-and-burn strategy, to put it very kindly.  Team Obama has spent $100 million on television ads in recent months (76 percent negative), hoping to exploit their closing window of advantage when it comes to primary cash on hand.  They've dipped into the red for two consecutive months in order to maintain this huge spending edge.  In the process, they've outspent Romney 3-to-1 on swing state ads.  Why?  They are determined to define Mitt Romney is a secretive, dishonest, greedy, outsourcing vulture capitalist.  The NYT/CBS News poll last week indicated that Obama's standing on both job approval and favorability have actually eroded over this period, despite (or perhaps because of) the relentless, inaccurate attacks.  Today's poll shows another disastrous return on investment for Chicago.  After tens of millions in ads firing directly at Romney's business background and wealth, Americans view Romney's resume as a positive by a two-to-one 34-point margin.  And there's this:

The Democratic attacks on Romney seem to have had limited effect on voters' assessments of him. In February, 53% said the former Massachusetts governor had the personality and leadership qualities a president should have; now 54% do.

The public's estimation of Romney's "personality and leadership qualities" has gone up as he's been pounded mercilessly by Obama's attacks.  Obama supporters will hang their hats on findings that Obama still bests his opponent on likeability and empathy questions, but I suspect they're not going to like too much else.  Efficiency, enthusiasm, role of government -- bing, bang, boom:

Romney has the edge when it come to being able to "get things done," and the broad landscape seems tilted in his favor: Republicans and Republican-leaning independents are much more enthusiastic about the election, an important factor in persuading supporters to vote. By 18 points, 51%-33%, they report being more enthusiastic than usual about voting. In contrast, Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents by four points say they are less enthusiastic than usual, 43%-39%. A record number of Americans express skepticism about the activist role of government Obama espouses; 61% say the government is trying to do too many things that should be left to individuals and businesses. That's the highest number since Gallup began asking the question in 1992.

Why, I think Mitt Romney has a point to make on that bolded sentence.  And last but certainly not least, voila:

Republican challenger Mitt Romney scores a significant advantage over President Obama when it comes to managing the economy, reducing the federal budget deficit and creating jobs...

Romney holds "significant advantages" on the economy and job creation?  But I thought he was a heartless outsourcing jobs killer!  Oops.  Gallup hasn't released the specific head-to-head numbers yet (I'm told they're coming soon), so we'll keep you posted.  I'll leave you with one last scrumptious data point, this time from Rasmussen:

Seventy-two percent (72%) of Likely U.S. Voters believe that people who start small businesses are primarily responsible for their success or failure. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only 13% disagree.

Americans to Obama: Actually, yes, we did build that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #607 on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Obama's Excessive Spending Worries Some Democrats
Monday, 23 Jul 2012
By Todd Beamon

The Obama campaign has spent $15.3 million on polling alone in this election cycle — in a pattern of high spending that has some Democrats concerned.

According to The Wall Street Journal, 778 campaign staffers for President Barack Obama received payroll checks in June, accounting for $2.9 million in wages before tax costs, records show. To date, the Obama camp has spent more than $25 million on payroll.

It spent $38.2 million on media buys last month, bringing its total this election to more than $72 million, The Journal reports.

About $2.6 million was spent on polling in June alone. In addition, some $4 million has been invested in polling this election, with the Democratic National Party adding $11.3 million on opinion surveys since the start of 2011.

That means, the Obama campaign, in conjunction with the DNP, has so far $15.3 on polling alone.

But some Democrats are concerned about the high Obama overhead – particularly as GOP challenger Mitt Romney continues to best him in fundraising. So far, Romney and the Republican Party have raised $170 million as of June 30, compared with $147 million for the president.

“The burn rate, the investment in infrastructure and polling, is great if you've got the resources to follow through,” said pollster Douglas Schoen, who served former President Bill Clinton. “It's unclear to me whether the president has the resources.”

Romney also stands to benefit from spending by independent super PACs, which are free to collect contributions of unlimited size. These outside groups are expected to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for TV ads attacking President Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obama-campaign-spending-election/2012/07/23/id/446290

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »
 :). Obama running his campaign like he does the nation _ in deficit.   Go figure. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #609 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »
Romnay and Obama have both been in the mid 40's for months.   The ads did nothing whatsoever but get obama 12 million in deficit last month. 

Romney's grand entrance to the national stage.   Poof.  No impact.  Nullified by obama's spending. 

Not only that, but he has taken the ONLY thing Romney was running on - his business experience - and tainted it irreversibly.  Romney brings it up now, and we're instantly reminded (right or wrongly) about the outsourcing, the lying about the dates he left, the fetus removal, etc.

So yeah, he went 12 mil in debt to destroy romney's biggest weapon.  At the same time, romney's #2 "cause", ending obamacare, is gone now.   And #3, illegal immigration?  Also neutralized.

So in 6 weeks, Obama has gone into debt 12 mil while destroying ROmney on the top 3 issues he was campaigning on.  And you're happy?  lol

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »
Why do people bother pasting extremely partisan articles.

Pro tip: No one reads that shit.

I have never posted anything like it anywhere, because it's so pointless.

Does it take a big brain to see that?

G

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #611 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »

So effective Virginia had a 7 point swing in his favor last month.

Do you spew this bullshit in an attempt to convince yourself it's true?

100 million spent and he lost ground. Only a jerk-off like yourself would paint that as a positive.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: July 23, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
So effective Virginia had a 7 point swing in his favor last month.

Do you spew this bullshit in an attempt to convince yourself it's true?

100 million spent and he lost ground. Only a jerk-off like yourself would paint that as a positive.
Full day of hate radio today?

G

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #613 on: July 23, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »
Full day of hate radio today?

I don't have the time nor the interest to either watch or listen to political shows. Unlike you (special education), I get my political info strictly from reading.

How does it feel helping a few over-privileged Chinese to further oppress their countrymen, scumbag?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: July 23, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
I don't have the time nor the interest to either watch or listen to political shows. Unlike you (special education), I get my political info strictly from reading.

How does it feel helping a few over-privileged Chinese to further oppress their countrymen, scumbag?
Haha.

Why do you hate capitalism?

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: July 24, 2012, 04:02:08 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   GOP Club
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Is President Obama Above Water, and If So, Why?
Power Line ^ | July 23, 2012 | John Hinderaker
Posted on July 24, 2012 3:21:22 AM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

This morning David Gelernter wrote a thought-provoking post titled, “What Keeps This Failed President Above Water?” How can a president with a record as terrible as Barack Obama’s be running essentially even in the polls? I have some thoughts on that question from a perspective that is slightly different from Gelernter’s.

First of all, it is questionable whether Obama is, in reality, above water. He can’t get his approval rating out of the 40s, nor can he get a majority in any head-to-head poll with Mitt Romney, even among registered voters or “adults.” For a sitting president more than three months out from the election, that is a poor performance. The voters’ disgruntlement with Obama shows up in poll after poll. At the moment, Romney leads Obama 46-43 in the Rasmussen Survey. Today a new Gallup/USA Today poll got a lot of attention:

Despite concerted Democratic attacks on his business record, Republican challenger Mitt Romney scores a significant advantage over President Obama when it comes to managing the economy, reducing the federal budget deficit and creating jobs, a national USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds.

By more than 2-1, 63%-29%, those surveyed say Romney’s background in business, including his tenure at the private equity firm Bain Capital, would cause him to make good decisions, not bad ones, in dealing with the nation’s economic problems over the next four years.

USA Today is quick to note that Obama does well in some measures unrelated to the economy:

To be sure, Obama retains significant advantages of his own. By 2-1, he’s rated as more likable than Romney.

Yeah, right. A couple of things are going on there. A great many Americans have only the vaguest impression of Romney and have no idea whether he is likable or not. And saying that Obama is “likable” is a good thing to tell a pollster after you have expressed the opinion that he doesn’t know jack about the economy. “He’s a nice guy, but…”

My guess is that the conventional wisdom will prove correct. Undecided voters will break against Obama in the campaign’s late days, and Romney will win fairly handily. That is, the electoral map will look more like 2004 than 2000.

All of that said, it is remarkable that 40%-plus of Americans say they intend to vote for Obama. Where have they been for the last four years? I think there are several reasons why a president as awful as Obama can command substantial support. The first is that an enormous number of Americans’ fortunes are more closely tied to government spending than to the economy. If you spend $3 to $4 trillion a year, you can buy a lot of votes.

The problem is compounded by the fact that so many Americans don’t pay any income taxes. If you don’t pay income taxes, and if you aren’t especially public-spirited, why, exactly, should you object to the Democrats’ spending spree? This chart from Investors Business Daily illustrates the trend:

Something like 50% of American households cash government checks, and more than 40% pay no income taxes. Do the math; it isn’t surprising that borrow-and-spend has more political appeal than it deserves.

Another factor is sheer partisanship. For millions of people, party loyalty is strong enough to bend perceptions of reality–or at least to bend the manner in which reality is described to pollsters. Thus, throughout the Obama years, African-Americans have rated the economy better than other demographic groups, even though objectively, they have suffered disproportionately. That can only be explained by loyalty to “their guy.” More broadly, Democrats express much more optimism about the economy than Republicans and Independents, as this Rasmussen poll finds:

Democrats have a much more optimistic view of the U.S. economy than either Republicans or unaffiliated adults.

Currently, just 36% of Democrats believe the economy is in poor shape, according to new Rasmussen Reports polling. Nearly twice as many Republicans (67%) offer such a pessimistic view. So do 54% of those not affiliated with either major party.

Put bluntly, if you are delusional about the economy, it makes sense that you might be willing to vote for Obama.

Currently, President Obama is hanging around like a sports team that by rights ought to be losing big, but is only a few points behind. In sports, the team that hangs around often puts on a spurt and wins in the end. In this year’s election, I don’t think Obama will be so fortunate. The fact that he commands as much support as he does is troubling, but reality will win out eventually. Here is a prediction: no liberal commentator will say anything of the sort before November, but as soon as the election results are in, a chorus of liberals will say that it is remarkable Obama performed as well as he did. Given how lousy the economy has been, one would have expected him to get clobbered.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: July 24, 2012, 05:07:16 AM »
To be sure, Obama retains significant advantages of his own. By 2-1, he’s rated as more likable than Romney.

Don't many elections just come down to 'who would you rather share a beer with'?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #617 on: July 24, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »

Don't many elections just come down to 'who would you rather share a beer with'?

I had this conversation just the other day with a very hardline Republican... Even they had to admit that Romney on a personal level is not as "likable" as Obama... Even though Obama is a fuckup.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/156194/Democratic-Voting-Enthusiasm-Down-Sharply-2004-2008.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Politics

Most of the polls over sampling demos by +5 are a joke. 

I've noticed that your posts come in waves.  There's a good gap of time, than posts will just rain in, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Than you lay off for a bit again.  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
I've noticed that your posts come in waves.  There's a good gap of time, than posts will just rain in, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Than you lay off for a bit again.  ;D

After this election is over, i will stop.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
After this election is over, i will stop.   

Keep up the good work!  8)

The resident liberals are ducking into their fox holes for the next wave of posts.  Shock and Awe!  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
Love the poster. 

Mitt Romney attends a business roundtable in California on Monday.

Romney camp, Republicans continue to hammer on 'build that'
Posted by
CNN's Kevin Liptak

(CNN) – Even as Mitt Romney heads abroad for a swing through Europe and Israel, his campaign will continue to push the argument back home that President Barack Obama hurts small businesses with a "big-government" policy approach.

Romney's campaign said Wednesday they would hold twenty-four events in battleground states for small business owners to proclaim "we did build this," a rebuke to a comment Obama made two weeks ago in which he argued successful small businesses got that way with the help of governmental support like roads and educators.

"If you are successful, somebody along the line gave you some help," Obama said at a campaign stop in Virginia on July 13. "There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Bits and pieces of that remark have been used for weeks, both by Romney's campaign in television ads and by the Republican National Committee, which launched an offensive linking the comment to Obama policies they say are anti-business.

Their counterparts at the Democratic National Committee said Tuesday they would respond to the attacks with events in battleground states, which will focus on Romney's own plans for the economy.

"In conjunction with [Obama for America], we're going to turn the page tomorrow on Mitt Romney's trumped up, out of context fact-checked-to-death BS about the President and small business and set the record straight on how Mitt Romney has a horrible record on small business, a failed record on jobs and who is advocating for policies that are great for millionaires, billionaires, big oil and corporate America – but that would devastate small businesses and stifle job growth and small business expansion," DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse wrote in a email.

Obama's team released a television spot Tuesday pushing back on the attacks, saying they were taking the president's words out of context.

The spot features Obama speaking directly to the camera, refuting the wave of criticism following his remarks. The ad, which largely echoes comments made by the president at a campaign stop in Oakland on Monday, highlights his support for small businesses.

"Those ads taking my words about small business out of context; they're flat out wrong," Obama says in the ad. "Of course Americans build their own business. Everyday hard-working people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs, and make our economy run. And what I said was that we need to stand behind them as America always has. By investing in education, training, roads and bridges, research and technology."

The RNC argued Wednesday that even within context, Obama's remarks were damaging to his political prospects. The group released a video using Obama's full comment, claiming "the more context you get, the worse it sounds."

"President Obama thinks his comments are being taken out of context, but the reality is the context makes it worse," RNC chairman Reince Priebus wrote in a statement. "With more context, it is obvious President Obama doesn't understand that businesses succeed because of the hard work and sacrifice of the American people, not the growth and intrusiveness of government. President Obama thinks he can paint over his latest admission, but he can't cover up four years of anti-business actions."

Mitt Romney, speaking in an interview Monday, made a similar argument.

"I found the speech even more disconcerting than just that particular line. The context is worse than the quote," Romney said on CNBC. "The context, he says, you know, you think you've been successful because you're smart, but he says a lot of people are smart. You think you've been successful because you work hard, a lot of people work hard."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/25/romney-camp-republicans-continue-to-hammer-on-build-that/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
pretty weak platform.  built upon 'persuasive art'.

I guess he can't talk about obamacare, he can't talk about DREAM, and he looks like shit every time he brings up Bain.  And no way he's bringing up that Mass anti-gun, romneycare record.

SO yes, talking about an obama speech really might be his only play right now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: July 26, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
Great ad. 

[ Invalid YouTube link ]