Author Topic: Scotty Bower's Book Full Service - Steve Reeves implicated  (Read 64396 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: Steve Reeves G4P - Scotty Bowers' memoirs 'Full Service'
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
"It's only gay if you want it to be" really does apply to bodybuilding.  It can be seen as a sport and completely hetero activity or if you're gay, you see it in a sexual nature.  I can tell you from attending many pro shows that it is not a 99% male audience filled with gays, contrary to Getbig hyperbole.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
Bay is now trying to imply that because many bodybuilders do certain poses for photos which appeal to gays that their motivation to get big and their motivation to compete onstage are both to to sexually impress men!  Bay if you can't logically see the difference then you are beyond retarded.

Here's a question - how about female bodybuilding competitors, or even female fitness/figure competitors, most of which are still too muscular for most men's sexual preference.  Why do they work out and compete?  Which gender are they trying impress?  Do you get the point?  Not everything we do is motivated by sex.

I wouldn't be surprised if a sicko like yourself still can't see beyond this.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
Oh. Forgot to mention. Bowers also talks about (male) BB'ing spectators pleasuring themselves while watching competitions.   

I should emphasize that Bowers' Reeves and BBing references take up less than a page of this book. His book's focus is on Hollywood and celebrity, not bodybuilding.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Since most women aren't attracted to massive bodybuilders, the only reason they would put in effort to look that way because they are gay and want to attract gay men!  -- that's the whole foundation of Bay's argument.  Logic at its finest lol

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
Oh. Forgot to mention. Bowers also talks about (male) BB'ing spectators pleasuring themselves while watching competitions.   

I should emphasize that Bowers' Reeves and BBing references take up less than a page of this book. His book's focus is on Hollywood and celebrity, not bodybuilding.

I regret to say that I saw this happening in the audience at a bodybuilding show during the posedown.  :-[

io856

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
There are gay men who love the muscle

and its not like bbers don't enjoy that sort of attention... I mean who wouldn't even if its not respectable at times...

Why should straight men be repulsed by homosexual orientated attention? In fact motivated by it? Despite being sexually attracted to women...

Just a thought... afterall a major motivating part in bbing is about attention

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Bay is now trying to imply that because many bodybuilders do certain poses for photos which appeal to gays that their motivation to get big and their motivation to compete onstage are both to to sexually impress men!  Bay if you can't logically see the difference then you are beyond retarded.

Here's a question - how about female bodybuilding competitors, or even female fitness/figure competitors, most of which are still too muscular for most men's sexual preference.  Why do they work out and compete?  Which gender are they trying impress?  Do you get the point?  Not everything we do is motivated by sex.

I agree he can't see bodybuilding through anything but gay eyes and anyone who doesn't see what he does is in denial or willingly participating in gay activities  ::)

He has a point , some guys do what he claims but he loves to lump everyone together , everyone is complicit  in one way shape or another and it's simply not true.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 11:59:36 AM »
I agree he can't see bodybuilding through anything but gay eyes and anyone who doesn't see what he does is in denial or willingly participating in gay activities  ::)

He has a point , some guys do what he claims but he loves to lump everyone together , everyone is complicit  in one way shape or another and it's simply not true.

At times I wonder if he honestly believes what he spews or if he's trolling.

Anyway Bay can you take a swing at my question I posted to you earlier, "how about female bodybuilding competitors, or even female fitness/figure competitors, most of which are still too muscular for most men's sexual preference.  Why do they work out and compete?  Which gender are they trying impress?  Do you get the point?  Not everything we do is motivated by sex.

the trainer

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »
As a kid I use to read comics and magazines and watch cartoons and I was impress by the big muscular super heroes and bodybuilders and I said to myself I want to lift weights to look like that,and as I grew up i liked the feeling of being bigger and stronger than the average guy. when I look at bodybuilder pictures or go to bodybuilding shows i feel amazed and sometimes shocked by how far some bodybuilders like ronnie coleman are able to take their physiques but I have never felt sexually aroused.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Steve Reeves G4P?
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »
G4P?  Does that mean Gain for Pain, similar to No Pain, No Gain?   ;D

I think it is unfair to apply 21st century (im)morals to mid-twentieth century morals.  While I am sure that G4P is rampant in bodybuilding currently, I doubt it was prevalent before the 60's.  Reeves definitely posed for "cheesecake" photos; the evidence is there.  There is no proof, anecdotal or otherwise, that Reeves did any sort of G4P, so to speculate so blatantly is a dishonor to his memory.  If Reeves was still alive, such talk would be slander and he'd be within his rights to sue for defamation of character.

So if someone was to call a known homosexual a heterosexual, they too could sue for defamation of character?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »

Bro, women who take male hormones and lift weights are a confused bunch. And don't kid yourself, they certainly cater to the lesbo side of the cult. Not to mention the creepy schmo side. Hell the women aren't even trying to hide it anymore. They're all doing schmo cams etc...And as far as the fitness/figure competitors, these women were brought into the cult for the simple reason of $$$

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »

Religion of peace. ;D
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
At times I wonder if he honestly believes what he spews or if he's trolling.

Anyway Bay can you take a swing at my question I posted to you earlier, "how about female bodybuilding competitors, or even female fitness/figure competitors, most of which are still too muscular for most men's sexual preference.  Why do they work out and compete?  Which gender are they trying impress?  Do you get the point?  Not everything we do is motivated by sex.

He's not a troll , he truly believes it.

He wants everyone to be gay

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
He's not a troll , he truly believes it.

He wants everyone to be gay

Isn't that a typical homosexual male fantasy, to want to believe that all males are either gay or bisexual?

all drugs - TPPIIP

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
Probably because the whole purpose of bodybuilding is to show off your body--to other men.  Men who view this as a worthwhile hobby/profession and the men who want to watch the results of this endeavor tend to be men who like men.  They may not self identify as gay, but if it walks like a duck, wears a thong like a duck, roids up like a duck, and private poses like a duck… well, you do the math.  ::)
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  I like bodybuilding.  I'm not gay.  If I watch a "Battle for the olympia" video, i'm not staring at the dudes cock.  Not everyone is gay.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »

<* throws more gasoline on the fire much to Bays delight *>  ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
No, but it does mean you are engaging in gay behavior.  Aspiring to show off your body to a room full of men while wearing a thong is not a heterosexual ambition.  :-*

No,

Competition is an activity to compete and test yourself against your peers
What the audience is thinking is beyond the competitors control

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
Isn't that a typical homosexual male fantasy, to want to believe that all males are either gay or bisexual?

I'm not sure seeing as I'm not homosexual but it certainly seems so according to him.  He has a point about some pros and amateurs engaging in this type of behavior but no one is straight according to his logic which is just silly

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »
Hehe. No. Just trying to be honest to the 'source,1'eh. Look, I don't give a shit what people do in their bedrooms. Really. It's none of my business, at all. We live a short life, on a rock, third from the sun --- enjoy.   :)

1Bowers, Scotty. Full Service, 2012.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »

The case has gone to the jury.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
Thank a Christian-ass Christ Reeves is White.    ;D

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

why do you think womens BBing is all but dead?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »
Hehe. No. Just trying to be honest to the 'source,1'eh. Look, I don't give a shit what people do in their bedrooms. Really. It's none of my business, at all. We live a short life, on a rock, third from the sun --- enjoy.   :)

1Bowers, Scotty. Full Service, 2012.

I'm with you what two consenting adults do in the bedroom is none of my or anyone else's business but Bay has this odd notion of lumping everyone together he seems to bright for that.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »

No the jury already made up it's mind before hearing the evidence

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
why do you think womens BBing is all but dead?

How does that answer my question at all?  Lack of interest in woman's bodybuilding has zero to do with the question of what motivates female bodybuilders (as well as fitness and figure competitors) to take up the "sport"

Funny Bay is dodging this question too, because using the faulty logic he applies to male bodybuilders he would have to find a sexual motivation for female bodybuilders/fitness/and figure competitors to gain more muscle than what most men find sexually attractive.  And guess what - there is none.