Author Topic: Jay won with straight firsts  (Read 2430 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Jay won with straight firsts
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:32:40 AM »
Wasn't even close .

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: Jay won with straight firsts
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:34:37 AM »
it was over the minute he stepped out on stage for prejudging 8)
tank u jesus

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:34:50 AM »
Team Aryan crushed them in this one.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41:50 AM »
Team Aryan is all over this win.

Team Midget is in crisis mode

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »
Jay proved all the doubters and haters wrong. I'm proud of Jay. He let his physique do the talking. He lost last year and was very respectful and gracious in the defeat. He didn't lose his cool. He went back to the drawing board and formulated a plan to overcome his weaknesses and defiencies. It worked! He owned the stage this weekend.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 05:54:46 AM »
someone please analyse this scorcard and give us the breakdown as to who was leading at which point and when did they overtake the next guy.. ?

Please...

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 05:58:37 AM »
Close for 2nd & 3rd, only 1 point in it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 06:03:49 AM »

Not only that Kai actually was in 3rd after Round 2.  Just faded a bit.  Branch came back from 4th to 2nd so that's pretty good.  

What's kind of weird is Heath's score.  I find it hard to believe that he beat Dexter in the 3rd and 4th round..... :o  I didn't see that happenning one bit as Dexter was just as sharp the previous day as today.
A

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:40 AM »
someone please analyse this scorcard and give us the breakdown as to who was leading at which point and when did they overtake the next guy.. ?

Please...

Jay won right from the get go. Dexter was ahead of Branch after the first two rounds and lost the two posing rounds to Branch for third

Kai was actually in third place after the first two rounds and fell way off at the night show hence he slipped down to forth

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 06:07:14 AM »

exactly extremely close

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 06:09:04 AM »

Not only that Kai actually was in 3rd after Round 2.  Just faded a bit.  Branch came back from 4th to 2nd so that's pretty good. 

What's kind of weird is Heath's score.  I find it hard to believe that he beat Dexter in the 3rd and 4th round..... :o  I didn't see that happenning one bit as Dexter was just as sharp the previous day as today.

nice one ! well spotted and thanks narc

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 06:14:31 AM »
nice one ! well spotted and thanks narc

;D ;D ;D ;D
irongearco.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 06:32:40 AM »
Dennis Wolf 16th!? I can see why Deicide bailed out last month. Musta seen this train wreck coming.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »
Dennis Wolf 16th!? I can see why Deicide bailed out last month. Musta seen this train wreck coming.

Actually he's 16th and everyone is else is 17th.  He got a score of a 74 on the first round so he did place.  He's still riding the back of the bus.
A

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 06:47:07 AM »
So close between 2nd to 4th. Good to see Rockel get his place. Well deserved from a usually overlooked guy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »
Wasn't even close .

That's a rare priviledge in bodybuilding. Even Ronnie only had 4 out of 8 straight-firsts wins. Pretty much the only bodybuilder to win most of his Olympias with straight-firsts scores was Dorian.(5 out of 6). As for Jay, being a former 2 time Olympia champion helped him. It's doubtful if he would have been given perfect scores if this were his first win.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »
  That's a rare priviledge in bodybuilding. Even Ronnie only had 4 out of 8 straight-firsts wins. Pretty much the only bodybuilder to win most of his Olympias with straight-firsts scores was Dorian.(5 out of 6). As for Jay, being a former 2 time Olympia champion helped him. It's doubtful if he would have been given perfect scores if this were his first win.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yeah he dominated this was his only straight firsts win out of the three he separated himself from the rest of the field and vindicated himself much like Yates did in 94 and Ronnie in 03 a loss or a close call gets guys motivated

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 07:07:18 AM »
it just goes to show that they really did NOT penalize branch all too much for his inferior structure compared to dex n heath..
he was judged allmost as an equal structurally, which i find suprising....not a bad thing im happy for branch he was the most ripped guy on stage and its nice to see that rewarded

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 07:13:04 AM »
it just goes to show that they really did NOT penalize branch all too much for his inferior structure compared to dex n heath..
he was judged allmost as an equal structurally, which i find suprising....not a bad thing im happy for branch he was the most ripped guy on stage and its nice to see that rewarded

Branch is like Dorian Yates which shows you how much judges value muscle size , density & dryness . Branch is much bigger & harder and drier than Dex but I'm surprised they still placed him over Dex who just simply looks much better in a lot poses compared to him but I could see why they did it's the apples V oranges

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »
branch needs to find a donor if he wants to come in that shape again

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »
That density guys like Branch and Dorian have are even more impressive close to the stage.

Jay deserved it.

Vince, that may be because Phil looked better in the finals compared to pre-judging.  I still think Dex had him beat by an inch though.  If I were Dexter, I'd be pissed today.  He looked great, should have switched places with Branch.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 07:31:08 AM »
That density guys like Branch and Dorian have are even more impressive close to the stage.

Jay deserved it.

Vince, that may be because Phil looked better in the finals compared to pre-judging.  I still think Dex had him beat by an inch though.  If I were Dexter, I'd be pissed today.  He looked great, should have switched places with Branch.

yeah he could have swapped places with Branch very easily because 2nd and 3rd were separated by just a single point . I think Dexter just collects more mandatories than Branch

and spot-on about Phil he looked much better last night

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
Wasn't even close .

I guess they shit canned the symmetry round this year!