Author Topic: Bodybuilders Vs Powerlifters  (Read 14180 times)

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Bodybuilders Vs Powerlifters
« on: July 21, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »
During these days in this world people first judge on your appearance. Let me point out, I'm not talking about today's IFBB pros. I'm talking more of the Steve Reeves or Larry Scott body. Bodybuilders can lift allot of weight. Power lifters are only stronger then a regular bodybuilder and that's it. Whats the point to being a power lifter, which you can get the same thing as a bodybuilder within time. I will never understand why a power lifter feels achievement in lifting a weight only one time. I feel that you have to at least pick up a heavy weight six times or more to say your that damn strong. Allot of power lifters look fat, but there strong. What's the point of that, wouldn't you like to look the part. I think the regular bodybuilder is more excepted in this society then the power lifter. Other than that, I could just be off the wall with this thread you got me.

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
Re: Bodybuilders Vs Powerlifters
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »
During these days in this world people first judge on your appearance. Let me point out, I'm not talking about today's IFBB pros. I'm talking more of the Steve Reeves or Larry Scott body. Bodybuilders can lift allot of weight. Power lifters are only stronger then a regular bodybuilder and that's it. Whats the point to being a power lifter, which you can get the same thing as a bodybuilder within time. I will never understand why a power lifter feels achievement in lifting a weight only one time. I feel that you have to at least pick up a heavy weight six times or more to say your that damn strong. Allot of power lifters look fat, but there strong. What's the point of that, wouldn't you like to look the part. I think the regular bodybuilder is more excepted in this society then the power lifter. Other than that, I could just be off the wall with this thread you got me.

Are you asking how or why?

If 'why' then that is down to each individual, youd have to ask them why they choose to be a powerlifter rather than bodybuilder

If however, you are asking 'how' ie: how does a powerlifter look the way they do rather than look 'the part' as per a bodybuilders physique (your opinions of what constitutes 'the part' nonwithstanding) well, that is down to the different training stimuli involved, different types of hypertrophy

Ronnie may 'look the part' but he is about as functional as tits on fish, marius Pudzianowski can win worlds strongest man titles and run 5 miles easily, Mike Wolfe wants to do nothing other than shift heavy weight, all different training styles, all motivated by different desires in the mind of each individual

Read this: http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=18&artID=999216

We will be asking questions later
rons acunt

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »
you know looking fat and looking slim and fit i would say lifting weights is nothing to be ashamed of in this day and age after all it's all about the benjamins and if you can get to hold your own against somebody, that's got a body, and im talking about i am, somebody, say after me, i am, somebody. well don't be afraid to experiment in times like this and weightlifting, you can start in your own house by lifting anything that is up for grabs and this could mean you lifting that sofa out of the living room and into the kitchen some kinda decorating that would be more suitable for queer eye for the straight guy, but is it bodybuilding or is it power lifting? this is not an easy question to answer, i'd say apples and oranges, and maybe a couple of pears, because when it comes to nutrition you are what you eat, not the other way around, so being true to your self and the body you've come to enjoy and expect great wonders from, you can and should treat it like a machine. use it for the power, but bodybuild for the hour.

thank you.
Z

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
Jesus, do you cretins produce antibodies to break returns?

For fucks sake
rons acunt

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 05:21:19 PM »

If 'why' then that is down to each individual, youd have to ask them why they choose to be a powerlifter rather than bodybuilder

If however, you are asking 'how' ie: how does a powerlifter look the way they do rather than look 'the part' as per a bodybuilders physique (your opinions of what constitutes 'the part' nonwithstanding) well, that is down to the different training stimuli involved, different types of hypertrophy

Ronnie may 'look the part' but he is about as functional as tits on fish, marius Pudzianowski can win worlds strongest man titles and run 5 miles easily, Mike Wolfe wants to do nothing other than shift heavy weight, all different training styles, all motivated by different desires in the mind of each individual

Read this: http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=18&artID=999216

I am asking why, because most people that don't train at all. Would say that bodybuilding is an ego achievement and power lifting is a life achievement. I think power lifting is more excepted because most people would rather just be strong then have the look. I mean why do people that never trains with weight say that bodybuilders are vain. Which is just quick to judge, if you ask me. I plainly don't get it and just want to get the full understanding.

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 05:26:48 PM »
I am asking why, because most people that don't train at all. Would say that bodybuilding is an ego achievement and power lifting is a life achievement. I think power lifting is more excepted because most people would rather just be strong then have the look. I mean why do people that never trains with weight say that bodybuilders are vain. Which is just quick to judge if you ask me. I plainly don't get it and just want to get the full understanding.

I guess its been that way since some prick named Narcissus looked into the pond years ago

Also, dont forget that in most peoples minds, bodybuilding is just 'poncing around on stage in oily trunks', they dont [on average] know about the training side of things, the sucking off old businessmen, the dieting etc, thus, in this respect, bodybuilding is less of a 'manly' endeavour and more of a homos holiday

To be honest, even in the realms of the iron world - where historically the different disciplines (Olympic lifting, Powerlifting, Highland games, Bodybuilding etc) have all had some degree of hatred 'competitive rivalry' for each other, they nigh on ALL look down on contest bodybuilders as wankers

I think it has more to do with the comp aspect of bodybuilding more than anything else, most guys I know would love to have the functional strength and physique of a high calibre strongman competitor, such as Kaz etc
rons acunt

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »
Why do bodybuilders feel the need to nearly kill themselves, then pose for a bunch of adoring men in a speedo?  Probably not the same reason powerlifters feel the need to lift more weight at all costs...

But neither side will understand the other, so it all comes down to personal preference.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 05:32:36 PM »
and why kill themselves, when they easily can kill others with the strength of their bare hands? exactly.

that's what my next movie is going to be about, the bodybuildakillah.

ill keep you posted.
Z

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »

You sound like a boring fat ass to me.. I can't even finish one of your posts cause the are so BOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGG GGGG!

PS: YOUR A LOSER!
just push some weight!

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »
and why kill themselves, when they easily can kill others with the strength of their bare hands? exactly.

that's what my next movie is going to be about, the bodybuildakillah.

ill keep you posted.

Just sneak Don Long some diuretics... Hopefully he has another sister.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »
You sound like a boring fat ass to me.. I can't even finish one of your posts cause the are so BOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGG GGGG!

PS: YOUR A LOSER!
You are the jester of the bodybuilding world. Stop being stupid, help yourself. I give that guy props because he gave a better answer then you could in your lifetime. Get a life and get off this thread stupid a**.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 05:44:41 PM »
You are the jester of the bodybuilding world. Stop being stupid, help yourself. I give that guy props because he gave a better answer then you could in your lifetime. Get a life and get off this thread stupid a**.

hahaha super man is looking for a lifepartner and doesn't know what to choose. hahaha what a homo.
just push some weight!

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »
if you have never competed in powerlifting its f.... awsome there is no bs u just lift the dam wieght no politcs if u cant get pumped for pushing some heavy ass iron then u probally dont like lifting at all. i think the sports could be closer to each other if they wanted to and benifit from each other  take a bodybuilder who eats a good diet and trains heavy like a powerlifter hes gonna be huge dense and bigger on stage....

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 05:53:40 PM »
hahaha super man is looking for a lifepartner and doesn't know what to choose. hahaha what a homo.
Dude, read these words carefully. You do not know who your fu**ing with. Please understand how you talk to certain people. I do not give a fu** what happens, and the last thing in my mind that I'm worried about is pain. I dont give a sh*t, who you are. You have no worry about what you can do. You run your mouth without thinking. Think about it again and again and again. You cannot talk like this in the real world. You just do it on some computer, and you better think mother fu**er really hard. I'm not being funny, don't fuck with me.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 05:54:55 PM »
Dude, read these words carefully. You do not know who your fu**ing with. Please understand how you talk to certain people. I do not give a fu** what happens, and the last thing in my mind that I'm worried about is pain. I dont give a sh*t, who you are. You have no worry about what you can do. You run your mouth without thinking. Think about it again and again and again. You cannot talk like this in the real world. You just do it on some computer, and you better think mother fu**er really hard. I'm not being funny, don't f**k with me.

Go eat some salad "big boy"!
just push some weight!

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 06:09:06 PM »
the strength of world class bbers doesn't compare to world class powerlifters. 

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:10:37 PM »
the strength of world class bbers doesn't compare to world class powerlifters. 
and the physiques of powerlifters doesn't compare to world class bodybuilders, i'd rather have the physique.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 06:11:51 PM »
Dude, read these words carefully. You do not know who your fu**ing with. Please understand how you talk to certain people. I do not give a fu** what happens, and the last thing in my mind that I'm worried about is pain. I dont give a sh*t, who you are. You have no worry about what you can do. You run your mouth without thinking. Think about it again and again and again. You cannot talk like this in the real world. You just do it on some computer, and you better think mother fu**er really hard. I'm not being funny, don't f**k with me.
hahaha! ok "tuff guy" ::)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 06:42:22 PM »

Whoa Superwoman take a chill pill (Midol) and think about what you just did.................. you just

MELTED DOWN!!!
I

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 06:53:12 PM »
hahahaha, don't make "superqueer" angry he'll go into the phone booth and change into his bra and panties and suck some mean dick.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

TonkaSalami

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 06:56:40 PM »
"Power lifters are only stronger then a regular bodybuilder and that's it."

Superman, I think the above statement is way to general and disagree that you can make an absolute statement like that.  I agree it comes down to preference.  First off, why do you think Powerlifters are all fat?  That is SO not the case.  If you want to look at the Super Heavy Weight division, the world's strongest guys, they are fat.  In order to support the weight the more weight you have the more you can support.  But, look at the other divisions of Powerlifting.  Look at a lot of the guys under 200.  Many are not fat and incredibly strong.  It's like saying all bodybuilders have huge muscle.  That is not the case either.  I know great bodybuilders that look awesome at 160 competition day.  I can assure you that more times than not a 180 pound powerlifter is quite a bit stronger than an offseason 180 pound bodybuilder.  Are there exceptions to this?  Well, sure there are. 

I have done both bodybuilding and powerlifting.  I found joy and benefits of doing both.  Bodybuilding was mentally tougher than I thought it would ever be and it was physically draining.  Going through the diet down to a contest, was a 24 hour thing.  I looked good and it was worth.  I have also powerlifted competitively and had to also drop weight to make my weight class.  That was tough because I was dieting yet had to maintain my strength.  Powerlifting was mentally tough because in order to get to higher totals I had to commit to taking on weights that literally scared me because they were new to my body. 

I have an appreciation for both sports.  I don't like when powerlifters say bodybuilders are weak, because it's simply not true.  Not just Ronnie, but a lot of bodybuilders (even non-pro and natural) are freakishly strong.  I dislike when bodybuilders say all powerlifters are fat and not that much stronger than bodybuilders.  That is simply untrue as well.

They are 2 very different sports.  If you get into the details and science of both, they are as different as they are similar.  Both deserve respect in my opinion.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
hahahaha, don't make "superqueer" angry he'll go into the phone booth and change into his bra and panties and suck some mean dick.
hahahaha! careful sarcasm!

Dude, read these words carefully. You do not know who your fu**ing with.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 07:57:15 PM »
hahahaha! careful sarcasm!

Dude, read these words carefully. You do not know who your fu**ing with.
f.uck that little pillow biter.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Difference between bodybuilders and powerlifters is that BB's can't eat anything they really want to.  Powerlifters can.  Unless they are in the lighter weights.  And usually the reason they are i the lighter weights is because that happens to be what they weigh.  I'm not sure powerlifters actually diet, unless they are a couple pounds over the ceiling weight in there class.  BB's eat to make their muscle look better.  PL's eat for the energy and strength. 

TonkaSalami

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »
onlyme, good point.  but, how many weight classes are in PL?  I would venture to say that only the SHW can eat anything they want.  I eat as clean as a good bodybuilder would in the offseason.  Notice, I said a good bodybuilder.  Some bodybuilders get WAY fat in the offseason.  You might be able to throw HW in with SHW in regards to eating what they want, but how about all the other classes?  The SHW and HW make up what percent of PL - 15%?  20% most.  That means that 80% of PL do watch what they eat.  I have to really clean things up to get to my class and since losing drastic weight before a meet would alter my strength, I have to plan meals, prepare meals ahead, focus on protein intake, watch carbs, glycemic index, etc.  in order to maintain a good weight year round.