Author Topic: IRS apologizes for targeting Conservative Groups  (Read 13564 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: IRS apologizes for targeting Conservative Groups
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
the only thing going down in flames is your sanity

it's going to be fun to watch you cry again as all of these so called scandals fade away but then I guess Obama will complete his plan to collapse the nation right?

Yeah Obama is doing so great - lol   

You voted for this ghetto crackhead twice who is now drowned in scandal and disgrace

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »

Yeah Obama is doing so great - lol   

You voted for this ghetto crackhead twice who is now drowned in scandal and disgrace

sorry to bust your bubble

hasn't seemed to have hurt his poll #'s and in fact he is up in one poll since last month

Obama was at 49 percent in last week’s Gallup poll. He’s at 49 percent in this week’s Gallup poll. CNN gave Obama even better news. A poll conducted on Friday and Saturday — so, peak scandal days — found the president’s approval rating at 53 percent. That’s a slight increase from their last poll, which was conducted in April and found Obama’s approval at 51 percent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
sorry to bust your bubble

hasn't seemed to have hurt his poll #'s and in fact he is up in one poll since last month

LOL - 51% - 47% of which are ghetto parasites and welfare moochers like yourself who support him

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
LOL - 51% - 47% of which are ghetto parasites and welfare moochers like yourself who support him

says the loser who actually lives in a ghetto while I'm on track (just looked at my numbers for end of month) to make over 250k this year

glad to see though that you can admit this approval ratings are not harmed at all and in fact have gone up

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »
says the loser who actually lives in a ghetto while I'm on track (just looked at my numbers for end of month) to make over 250k this year

glad to see though that you can admit this approval ratings are not harmed at all and in fact have gone up

sorry asshole  - im not in that group - but you are on welfare ebt obamaphone and support o-thug solely because he funds your welfare

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
sorry asshole  - im not in that group - but you are on welfare ebt obamaphone and support o-thug solely because he funds your welfare

says the loser who lives in the ghetto and has complained repeatedly that he can't afford to move out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2013, 07:30:04 PM »
sorry asshole  - im not in that group - but you are on welfare ebt obamaphone and support o-thug solely because he funds your welfare
[/quote

says the loser who lives in the ghetto and has complained repeatedly that he can't afford to move out

LOL - selling my place - closing is in a few weeks - selling for double what I paid in 2004.   You = idiot

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »
LOL - selling my place - closing is in a few weeks - selling for double what I paid in 2004.   You = idiot

good for you

you finally sold the shit hole

where are you moving to?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
good for you

you finally sold the shit hole

where are you moving to?

Moved the office to WHITE Plains, NY right near the NYS Supreme Court, Westchester County. 

trying to move to Fairfield CT w the GF

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
Moved the office to WHITE Plains, NY right near the NYS Supreme Court, Westchester County. 

I assume you're going to take the 30k you made on your dump and buy a new place

what's the target purchase price for the new place

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2013, 07:38:13 PM »
I assume you're going to take the 30k you made on your dump and buy a new place

what's the target purchase price for the new place

LOL netting about 50k  - bit have 150k liquid for a new place,   I cant touch my SEP, IRA, or other funds

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2013, 07:39:34 PM »

LOL netting about 50k  - bit have 150k liquid for a new place,   I cant touch my SEP, IRA, or other funds

damn, your place only sold for 100k

my place appreciated that much last year alone

aren't you a veteran?

Why not get a VA loan with no money down and keep your cash

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »
IRS Official Who Targeted Tea Party, Also Targeted Conservative Groups in the 90s

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 21, 2013 @ 12:37 pm In The Point | 5 Comments

Twice they say is a pattern. Or a charm. And there isn’t much charm in using government agencies to conduct an illegal war against the opposition.

Perhaps no other IRS official is more intimately associated with the tax agency’s growing scandal than Lois Lerner, director of the IRS’s Exempt Organizations Division. Since admitting the IRS harassed hundreds of conservative and Tea Party groups for over two years, Lerner has been criticized for a number of untruths—including the revelation that she apparently lied about planting a question at an American Bar Association conference where she first publicly acknowledged IRS misconduct.

Prior to joining the IRS, Lerner’s tenure as head of the Enforcement Office at the Federal Election Commission (FEC) was marked by what appears to be politically motivated harassment of conservative groups.

Lerner was appointed head of the FEC’s enforcement division in 1986 and stayed in that position until 2001. In the late 1990s, the FEC launched an onerous investigation of the Christian Coalition, ultimately costing the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless hours in lost work. The investigation was notable because the FEC alleged that the Christian Coalition was coordinating issue advocacy expenditures with a number of candidates for office. Aside from lacking proof this was happening, it was an open question whether the FEC had the authority to bring these charges.

The FEC was targeting the Christian Coalition for its role during the Clinton Administration, including the 1992 election. It was a rather blatant attempt at taking down a non-profit speaking to the opposition’s base.

And Lerner’s tactics at the FEC were rather similar to the IRS’s current campaign.

FEC attorneys continued their intrusion into religious activities by prying into what occurs at Coalition staff prayer meetings, and even who attends the prayer meetings held at the Coalition. This line of questioning was pursued several times. Deponents were also asked to explain what the positions of “intercessory prayer” and “prayer warrior” entailed, what churches specific people belonged, and the church and its location at which a deponent met Dr. Reed.

One of the most shocking and startling examples of this irrelevant and intrusive questioning by F EC attorneys into private political associations of citizens occurred during the administrative depositions of three pastors from South Carolina. Each pastor, only one of whom had only the slightest connection with the Coalition, was asked not only about their federal, state and local political activities, including party affiliations, but about political activities that, as one FEC attorney described as “personal,” and outside of the jurisdiction of the FECA [Federal Election Campaign Act]. They were also continually asked about the associations and activities of the members of their congregations, and even other pastors.

The witch hunt eventually ended in failure, but not before using government power to entangle and intimidate conservative groups. That was clearly the goal this time around as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/irs-official-who-targeted-tea-party-also-targeted-conservative-groups-at-fec/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2013, 05:28:22 AM »
DHS SENDS IN CHOPPER to Intimidate Tea Party Protesters in LA
 Gateway Pundit ^ | May 22, 2013 | Jim Hoft

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:18:20 AM

ARMED DHS GUARDS greeted St. Louis Tea Party protesters at the Town and Country IRS office on Tuesday.

Around 300 protesters turned out anyway.

DHS parked their vehicles right outside the IRS office just in case the Tea Party protesters got crazy and violent.

But the DHS intimidation was not isolated to St. Louis.

In Los Angeles DHS put a chopper in the air and told Tea Party protesters they could not be on federal property.

They had to move away from the building.

This report came from a Tea Party protester in California.

Many of our 300 tea party folks were approached immediately by Homeland Security and told they could not be on federal property. My lawyer told me as long as I didn’t block passage we were OK. Many Homeland Security trucks and a helicopter above us scared many patriots so most of group went to public side walk to rally.

However, I stayed at IRS entrance telling Homeland Security it is my right to be there.

Then as I was leaving carrying my sign a woman jumped out of her car in IRS parking lot and started threatening me, “I am with ICE!”

To which I replied, “I am with Laguna Patriots!”(continued)

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2013, 07:01:59 AM »
Greenfield: Partisan Nation
 Daniel Greenfield @ the Sultan Knish blog ^ | Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | Daniel Greenfield

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:17:50 AM by Louis Foxwell

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Partisan Nation

Posted by Daniel Greenfield @ the Sultan Knish blog

The use of the IRS to target conservative groups should be the least surprising development in years. Not only does that sort of thing date back to Clinton and JFK, both of whom unleashed the IRS on their enemies, not to mention Nixon who never managed to pull off the things that JFK grinned, did and got away with, but there was no reason for not to do it.

The two reasons not to sic the IRS on your enemies are decency and the law. Is there anything in Obama's career, including his treatment of fellow Democrats, to suggest that he cares for either one?

The man in the White House clawed his way to power by stabbing his mentor in the back, leaking the divorce records of his political opponents and throwing out the votes of Democrats in Florida and Michigan to claim the nomination.

And he was just getting started.

In the last election, Obama urged voters to punish our "enemies". It was a window into the mindset of a man who moans and groans about partisan politics, but talks like Huey Long when he gets in front of the right audience.

But these days the description is fairly apt. Who was the last president that both sides could agree was an okay sort of guy or something less than the devil incarnate? The answer might be George H. W. Bush, who was pilloried for being an out of touch rich guy, but really not all that bad when you think about it. And that means we have to go back two decades to find a president that the other side didn't think should be put on an ice floe and pushed out to sea.

And before Bush I, we would have to go back all the way to the Eisenhower or Truman era. Politics was never nice. It was often very nasty indeed. But this isn't the petty infighting of the political class anymore. We're not talking about Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr shooting it out or Eleanor Roosevelt driving a car with a teapot on its roof behind Theodore Roosevelt Jr to keep him away from the job that would eventually go to her husband. This is a partisan politics born out of ideology.

The old politics sought a status quo that could be tweaked to favor one side or interest. The new ideological politics seek a fundamental transformation that will entirely destroy the status quo and eventually tear out every element, overturn every trace of what was and replace it with what should be. Ideological partisanship of this stripe is not concerned with the stability of the system. It is not worried about burning bridges because it believes all the bridges will have to be burned anyway.

There is a limit to what any political movement can do out of greed or personal vendettas in a democracy, but there is no limit to what it can do when it combines these with a political ideology whose ends justify all means. There is nothing that it will not do because it is unconcerned with the long term consequences of its actions, only with the short term results. It has no long term investment in the existing system which it intends to destroy.

Corrupt ideologies treat men with no decency as valuable assets. Their lack of scruples proves their willingness to put ideology over all mores and norms. The more extreme the ideology, the fewer limits it accepts on its freedom of action against its enemies and the more such actions come to seem natural. And then why not punish your enemies by using the full force of government against them?

The practical reason for not using government agencies to repress your opposition in a democracy was that they might do the same thing to you. But the mobilization of the bureaucracy as an arm of the left has made that fear largely irrelevant. Using the IRS to target Democrats would be dangerous business for a Republican. And the same would go for every other Federal agency whose appointees may be loosely conservative, but oversee organizations stuffed full of liberals and union members.

There is no such deterrent on the other side. And the only remaining deterrent, the fear of public exposure was largely nullified by the media. The impression was that Obama Inc. could do anything it pleased and get away with it. And so it did.

A system of checks and balances only works if the participants are bound by some higher code than ideology. Ethics is no longer a defining code. Neither is Americanism or democracy or any of the other things that politicians made speeches about back in the 19th and 20th. The infrastructure of the left has eclipsed all other bonds and connections. It has collective goals and a power structure that runs through public and private organizations mobilized for a common purpose.

That renders the old rules mostly meaningless. Suggestions to be considered, if the various organs, the oversight groups, the bureaucracies and the media are in the mood. And if they are, then they may pay a little attention to the latest abuse of power. If they're not, they won't.

It's easy to compare Obama to Nixon, but the comparison is wrong. Nixon had lost faith in the entire idea of rules. He had floundered in a corrupt system for so long that he had to sacrifice everything he believed in to get ahead only to still be hemmed in on all sides. Obama never believed in rules and never compromised on anything except on a temporary basis. Nixon was angry, but Obama is blithe.

It's not a post-rules world. But it's a world where force determines which rules apply to whom.

Obama will illegally and unilaterally impose rules and laws on others, but he won't follow any rules or laws, even those in the Constitution. It's tyranny, but handled with a post-everything flair as if abuse of power is a dot com thing like not having a business model. Using the IRS to suppress rival political organizations is treated like one of those new data management techniques. Just another clever out-of-the-box tool in a game of everything goes.

And why shouldn't everything go?

Government isn't really an institution anymore, it's a toolset. If you break the tools, they can be replaced. Fire some people, hire consultants to rebrand or rename an entire agency and then you're back in business. History doesn't matter. Neither does the public trust. Everything exists only to fulfill the goals of the moment.

In the old politics, maintaining the institutions of government was the greater goal. In the new politics, government is a means to an end. The end may still be government, but it isn't a thing of institutions, but of ideologues. It doesn't matter whether it's 200 years or 200 minutes old. The 200 minutes old one is more likely to be up on the latest trends in nudging people into the right corners.

Technocrat ideologues don't value existing institutions and the left justifies its existence by destroying whatever exists in the name of reform.

Forward! means that are constantly moving ahead without looking back, except when it comes time to blame some current shortcoming on George W. Bush and his evil regime. It means that we are constantly destroying in the name of building. Everything must go so it can be remade in the more perfect image of the Harvard professors who know just how to do everything even if they have never done a thing in their life.

Obama is not a creature of the old partisan politics of a balance of power. He prefers imbalances. He chooses chaos. By exercising power he destroys and in his ideological sphere, that destruction is creative. Destroying health care will usher in national health care. Destroying public trust in government will usher in an even more oppressive government.

There is nothing American about the new partisan politics. They are purely Post-American, a breath of hot air from the coming system that will have no rules except power and no law except force. And this game is one in which the lack of a binding ideology is fatal.

To assume that your opponents have any decency, as the Republicans habitually do, is to be left behind in Politics 1.0. In Politics 2.0, the utter lack of decency is proof of integrity. To truly believe, you must have no ethics. To truly care about people, the environment, little children in the ghetto, polar bears, recycled rubber shoes, corporate welfare and LGBT workplaces, you must not have any standards when it comes to what you do.

In Partisan Nation, you would use the IRS against your enemies because it's there. And what else is it good for except reminding you that the taxpayers don't have enough money to cover a new light rail system across the country or free bikes for all? In Partisan Nation, trust doesn't matter because the default assumption is that everyone can be lied to non-stop or barraged with so much propaganda that they will do what they are supposed to. In Partisan Nation, America doesn't matter, winning does.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2013, 09:33:10 AM »

Hey 333, I don't understand why you didn't sell your shithole when property values were skyrocketing at the end of the Bush Administration

Why did you wait until Obama's 2nd term when the collapse of the nation was fully underway and real estate values had crashed

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:35 AM »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/embattled-irs-official-lois-lerners-husbands-law-firm-hosted-an-obama-campaign-organizing-meeting

Obama = sludge

so what if her husbands law firm hosted a campaign organizing meeting?

I'm still curious why you waited until the collapse of the nation was underway and real estate values had crashed before you sold your shithole

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
so what if her husbands law firm hosted a campaign organizing meeting?

I'm still curious why you waited until the collapse of the nation was underway and real estate values had crashed before you sold your shithole

LOL - im netting in profit what i paid for it moron 

Me = winning

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
LOL - im netting in profit what i paid for it moron  

Me = winning

you would have made so much more if you had only sold when values were skyrocketing at the time Bush left office

you're really taking a bath by having waited until Obama collapsed the nation and destroyed the real estate market