Author Topic: So I need back surgery  (Read 7517 times)

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
Re: So I need back surgery
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
doctors are all about money. get some more opinions and some gh maybe.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 01:29:39 AM »
Good luck dude........stay strong.

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 01:35:14 AM »
I been having lower back pain for a while, especially hurts like a mofo went I workout. Went to doctor and he is saying he wants to do a fucking fusion on my lower back. He said that I'm really young to need a fusion and that it could mean that the others discs will need to be fused in the future. WTF? Any of you guys got a fusion? How long did you you have to stay out of the gym? Could this be cause be me working out since I was 12yo? Bad beta form or something?

Dont, they just want people to practice on, train smart and go see a chiropractor.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:38 AM »
I been having lower back pain for a while, especially hurts like a mofo went I workout. Went to doctor and he is saying he wants to do a fucking fusion on my lower back. He said that I'm really young to need a fusion and that it could mean that the others discs will need to be fused in the future. WTF? Any of you guys got a fusion? How long did you you have to stay out of the gym? Could this be cause be me working out since I was 12yo? Bad beta form or something?

You need to evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon who uses endoscopic techniques...

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:14 AM »
Take a break from lifting heavy, and go see a physiotherapist or other expert who specializes in rehabilitation of sports injuries.

If the pain is not chronic when you're resting and not straining your back, then there is no need for surgery. First focus on rehabilitation and strengthening and flexibility exercises.

I recently had a knee injury which I thought I would need surgery for as the pain was constant and I could barely walk, but taking a long break from weights and being patient with rehabilitation has made my knee feel better than ever.

In my case, several of my muscles were tight and unbalanced, with trigger points in the muscles which were shortening them, tilting my pelvis (giving me back pain too for many months, making sitting for long uncomfortable) and pulling my patella out of alignment. I added foam roller exercises, stretches and ibuprofen for several weeks.

Most joint pain is due to muscles pulling at the joint, degeneration in the joint itself does not necessarily mean pain. My fathers back in scans looks like a train wreck, cartridge and bone worn in an 'advanced' stage but he is free of pain as long as he doesn't strain his back at awkward angle.
There are no nerves in the joint itself, pain will usually come from the surrounding muscles.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 04:44:28 AM »
Take a break from lifting heavy, and go see a physiotherapist or other expert who specializes in rehabilitation of sports injuries.

If the pain is not chronic when you're resting and not straining your back, then there is no need for surgery. First focus on rehabilitation and strengthening and flexibility exercises.

I recently had a knee injury which I thought I would need surgery for as the pain was constant and I could barely walk, but taking a long break from weights and being patient with rehabilitation has made my knee feel better than ever.

In my case, several of my muscles were tight and unbalanced, with trigger points in the muscles which were shortening them, tilting my pelvis (giving me back pain too for many months, making sitting for long uncomfortable) and pulling my patella out of alignment. I added foam roller exercises, stretches and ibuprofen for several weeks.

Most joint pain is due to muscles pulling at the joint, degeneration in the joint itself does not necessarily mean pain. My fathers back in scans looks like a train wreck, cartridge and bone worn in an 'advanced' stage but he is free of pain as long as he doesn't strain his back at awkward angle.
There are no nerves in the joint itself, pain will usually come from the surrounding muscles.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 05:12:29 AM »
fools rely on sheep docters
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »
fools rely on sheep docters

I would never rely on a sheep doctor, for back issues.   :-\

Meta-physical

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 05:48:48 AM »
Hmmm, you are in quite the predicament, HTexan. On one hand, you have the consensus of literally some of the stupidest people on Earth telling you to avoid surgery, and on the other hand you have the professional opinion of an Neurosurgeon recommending you to go ahead with it. Personally, I'd go with the advice of Getbig and also start practising my robot dancing.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 05:58:16 AM »
Hmmm, you are in quite the predicament, HTexan. One one hand, you have the consensus of literally some of the stupidest people on earth telling you to avoid surgery, and on the other hand you have the professional opinion of an Neurosurgeon recommending you to go ahead with it. Personally, I'd go with the advice of Getbig and also start practising my robot dancing.

You are the stupid one. Turns out Getbig is actually giving him good advice.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1513721

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 06:04:59 AM »

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 06:06:31 AM »
These surgeries are unproven. They only serve to enrich the doctors performing them.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
I would never rely on a sheep doctor, for back issues.   :-\
my doctor is indian not a sheep tho
A

Meta-physical

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 06:49:35 AM »
You are the stupid one. Turns out Getbig is actually giving him good advice.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1513721

Brilliant work, Olympia gym. Your first link is a study that compared one type of spinal surgery against the other on 247 patients aged between 50 - 80, and concluded that decompression surgery without additional fusion may be just as beneficial with lesser negatives than the combined option. And you then go on to diagnose him with the specific condition of image-confirmed degenerative spondylolisthesis, as well as provide him with a startling conclusion: In nonrandomized as-treated comparisons with careful control for potentially confounding baseline factors, patients with degenerative spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis treated surgically showed substantially greater improvement in pain and function during a period of 2 years than patients treated nonsurgically.

Imagine how successful you would have been if you pursued a career in medicine rather than wasted your life masturbating over muscle men, you brain-dead, white-supremacist fat fuck who can't even use Google.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 06:51:45 AM »
i'm going to look in to dpp yoga.
A

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

Another dumbass getting scam by a doctor so he has more money for his mortgage payments,  when you go to a doctor with some issue the first thing they say is you need surgery, you dont really need it there are other methods to take care of your problem but the doctor needs money so go ahead and give it to him.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 07:18:15 AM »

Brilliant work, Olympia gym. Your first link is a study that compared one type of spinal surgery against the other on 247 patients aged between 50 - 80 and concluded that decompression surgery without additional fusion may be just as beneficial with lesser negatives than the combined option, and you then go on to diagnose him with the specific condition of image-confirmed degenerative spondylolisthesis, as well as provide him with a startling conclusion: In nonrandomized as-treated comparisons with careful control for potentially confounding baseline factors, patients with degenerative spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis treated surgically showed substantially greater improvement in pain and function during a period of 2 years than patients treated nonsurgically.

Imagine how successful you would have been if you pursued a career in medicine rather than wasting your life masturbating over muscle men, you brain-dead, white-supremacist fat fuck who can't even use Google.

I will cut you some slack since you've exposed yourself as a non-white lower race form.

Virtually all surgeons will recommend the fusion along with the decompression, which is why I posted the first link. The second study goes one step further and shows neither procedure to be particularly effective. These surgeries are a scam.

And I would be glad to refer the OP to a competent neuro-radiologist to review his films.

Meta-physical

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »
I will cut you some slack since you've exposed yourself as a non-white lower race form.

Virtually all surgeons will recommend the fusion along with the decompression, which is why I posted the first link. The second study goes one step further and shows neither procedure to be particularly effective. These surgeries are a scam.

And I would be glad to refer the OP to a competent neuro-radiologist to review his films.

Stop trying to dig yourself out of a hole, you moron. You posted two studies that had no relevance at all, and the second one actually demonstrates a specific spinal surgery to be particularly effective over other non-surgical options. Claiming that you posted the first link because you KNEW that "practically all surgeons" recommend that specific decompression surgery along with fusion, is hysterical. You didn't know that and you still don't. You don't know anything! You wanted to argue that surgery is useless and ended up demonstrating the complete opposite because you're a fucking retard lol. Now go lay down on your orthopaedic pillow and cry yourself to sleep.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 07:33:33 AM »
Getbiggers > Harvard trained M.D.

/thread
X

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 07:36:38 AM »
Stop trying to dig yourself out of a hole, you moron. You posted two studies that had no relevance at all, and the second one actually demonstrates a specific spinal surgery to be particularly effective over other non-surgical options. Claiming that you posted the first link because you KNEW that 'practically all surgeons" recommend that specific decompression surgery along with fusion, is hysterical. You didn't know that and you still don't. You don't know anything! You wanted to argue that surgery is useless and ended up demonstrating the complete opposite because you're a fucking retard lol. Now go lay down on your orthopaedic pillow and cry yourself to sleep.

I know more about these surgeries than you ever will. The only studies that you will find in support of them are put out by the companies that make the hardware, e.g., cages, etc., that the corrupt doctors install.

And why not post under your True Adonis handle? Your Jewish sense of superiority backed by the lack of any knowledge or formal education is not easily hidden.

Meta-physical

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »
I know more about these surgeries than you ever will. The only studies that you will find in support of them are put out by the companies that make the hardware, e.g., cages, etc., that the corrupt doctors install.

And why not post under your True Adonis handle? Your Jewish sense of superiority backed by the lack of any knowledge or formal education is not easily hidden.

You know more about these surgeries than I ever will, yet you still end up posting the wrong studies LOL. What a fucking idiot. You try to argue against spinal surgery then post a study which demonstrates the effectiveness of it over non-surgical methods hahaha! Which hardware company conducted that scientific study? Must have been the chair manufacturers!

It's amusing how you brutally humiliate yourself by citing sources which contradict your own opinion, then, after failing to argue with any logic you accuse me of demonstrating a lack of formal education and knowledge! I'm white, not Jewish, and not the pudding-bowl boy - but don't let that stop you from blindly throwing out some race-related tirades now because you're embarrassed and you can't defend your stupidity.  

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
You know more about these surgeries than I ever will, yet you still end up posting the wrong studies LOL. What a fucking idiot. You try to argue against spinal surgery then post a study which demonstrates the effectiveness of it over non-surgical methods hahaha!  Which hardware company conducted that scientific study? Must have been the chair manufacturers!

It's amusing how you brutally humiliate yourself by citing sources which contradict your own opinion, then, after failing to argue with any logic you accuse me of demonstrating a lack of formal education and knowledge! I'm white, not Jewish, and not the pudding-bowl boy - but don't let that stop you from blindly throwing out some race-related tirades now because you're embarrassed and you can't defend your stupidity. 

"Surgery is widely used, but its effectiveness in comparison with that of nonsurgical treatment has not been demonstrated in controlled trials." - 2nd study posted.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »
10 years ago I had a spinal disc herniation. Right arm extreme pain, left hand numb. 1st doctor said immediately surgery, 2nd doctor said physiotherapy, aerobics like bike, crosstrainer and pilates. Weighttraining with light/medium weights or better using machines. I did it even with pain and it went better month after month. After 7 month everything was fine until today.

In your case I dont know if surgery is absolutely necessary. I guess they will implant a titanium peek-cage in your spine. Your movemevent will be restricted about 5%. You wont even notice that. It will ossify in a few months and you could do everything like before. Of course very heavy lifting should be avoided. Its not a law that the other vertebras will follow if one is fucked.
The problem is to find a surgeon who is not only after the money. A good surgeon/doctor  should help you find other ways first to fix it. Surgery should be the last option not the first.

Meta-physical

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 08:29:43 AM »
"Surgery is widely used, but its effectiveness in comparison with that of nonsurgical treatment has not been demonstrated in controlled trials." - 2nd study posted.
Hahaha, you stupid bastard! That is the introduction to their study - the background explaining why they decided to go ahead and conduct a study that DID demonstrate the effectiveness of surgical intervention over other options! Can you even read? I'm in the gym and you're making me laugh too much. Please just stop now, realise what a moron you are, and go fetch your ol' hanging rope.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
Only use surgery as an absolute last, and final, resort. Exhaust all avenues of care first.