Author Topic: UFC will soon die and boxing will have another Tyson  (Read 14285 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: UFC will soon die and boxing will have another Tyson
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »
He was pretty good. He was old at that point and against a great puncher. He would have been a lot better if he was brought along better early in his career. Killer left hook, one of the hardest of all time.
Trans Milkshake.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »
UK fighters are tough dudes but they lack the ground skills to dominate in MMA. They also don't seem to make great boxers either.

The Uk have made some great boxers over the years

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2010, 04:38:39 AM »
The Uk have made some great boxers over the years

You may very well be right. But, at least in recent years, I can't think of any. Name some of them. I don't mean top contenders but legit champs. It seems Americans dominate the heavyweights and the Mexicans/South Americans the lighter weights, Pacman being a glaring exception.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
haha I remember 25 years ago when everyone said hiphop(rap) was a fad...yet it's not only still around but constantly has artists at the top of the charts....You can argue that rap sucks or not but you cannot argue the success in the music world it has had....

Same with MMA...you can give a personal opinion that you think it sucks but you cant argue it's popularity..And the fact it's been around for the better part of 15 years and shows no signs of slowing already proves it's no fad...
DAWG

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »
and the world will care about bboxing again and UFC will die!
yeah, height weight boxing is really sucking lately. >:(
A

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »
He's an overly sensitive child who actually started a thread about me because I hurt his feelings saying that a boxer's punches would be useless once they are on the ground and they'd get their arm snapped or choked out.

I told you buzz me on here when you re in the UK and we ll see, we l put the results on youtube.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »
Who the fuvk are you?  Don't talk about me newbe.

Haha "newbie" im an old "friend" of yours been on here since 1998!! If theres one guy i thought would know who i am its you!

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
Guys, this is Darren on holiday! You sure you want to take on this fearsome looking creature?

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »
You may very well be right. But, at least in recent years, I can't think of any. Name some of them. I don't mean top contenders but legit champs. It seems Americans dominate the heavyweights and the Mexicans/South Americans the lighter weights, Pacman being a glaring exception.

Americans dominate the heavyweights?

Supermiddle weight: Lucian Bute, Romanian

Cruiserweight: Previously Tomas Adamek was king of that division until he moved up to Heavyweight. Polish.

Heavyweight: Klitscko Brothers; Ukraine

As for Uk fighters in recent years you had Joe Calzaghe who was rated P4P number 2 when he retired, having a record of 46-0-0. 2 division weight world champion at LHW and Supermidde weight.

Then you have Lennox Lewis and Prince Nasseem who have retired not too long ago, same can be said for Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn and Steve Collins. All champions.

Today you have Carl Froch (former WBC champ just 1 fight ago) and Amir Khan (silver medalist in the Olympics and now WBA champion).
Amir Khan is training under Freddie Roach so no doubt he will become even better in the future.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
Guys, this is Darren on holiday! You sure you want to take on this fearsome looking creature?

Dude looks jacked, maybe he is packing a gat in those shorts I wouldnt mess with him.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
It's also interesting to note that Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, et al. never fought the best from Eastern Europe. The communist regime did not allow their athletes to go professional. So, we will never know just how great these world champs were.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
It's also interesting to note that Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, et al. never fought the best from Eastern Europe. The communist regime did not allow their athletes to go professional. So, we will never know just how great these world champs were.

Well, Lewis did beat Vitali Klitscko from Ukraine and many consider him to be the best heavyweight right now (along with his brother)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2010, 01:10:54 PM »

How do you know this is him? If so, I ain't going anywhere near the UK. I'll just stay right here in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
Yeah Hispanics owned in all the small classes.
A

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2010, 06:16:05 AM »
Well, Lewis did beat Vitali Klitscko from Ukraine and many consider him to be the best heavyweight right now (along with his brother)

only problem is he didn't beat Vitali...and once that fight was stopped he promptly retired knowing he wanted nothing to do with a rematch...
DAWG

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
Vitali would have killed Lewis in a rematch.