Author Topic: Remember when Victor Richards was going to compete...  (Read 12239 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Remember when Victor Richards was going to compete...
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »
What the heck happened with that?  ???

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Remember when Victor Richards was going to compete...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
from what i recall he did compete a few times? cant remember how he placed tho. didnt do the big shows
Z

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »
What the heck happened with that?  ???

Victor Richards never wanted to compete. He was GIVEN a pro card by the weiders, but made it clear he was not going to live the lifestyle of the other pros. He did do a number of guest poses at various shows, because without a doubt he had one of the BEST physiques EVER or atleast until Ronnie came along. The guy had legs, calves, arms chest the WHOLE PACKAGE. And I would say he must have hovered around 300 pounds cut...he just did not want to compete...he just like working out and having the "LOOK".

He has a MYSPACE account and expresses ion the account why he never competed or became involved in the competitive lifestyle. He was aware then of what BB are finding out today and that is the sport is a threat to ones health with all of the drugs, the homosexual lifestyle one often resorts to to survive and the neurological effects that come from going on and off thee drugs. I congratulate him on his decision, but i too would have like to see him go toe to toe with the best of the time...HE WOULD HAVE BURIED MANY PEOPLE....
C

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »
hahahaha

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
This topic has been discussed to death here.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 12:52:14 PM »
He was a mental midget
The Number 2 in Scranton

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 12:54:10 PM »
This topic has been discussed to death here.

what else is new

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
Vic circa 1997

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »
Victor Richards never wanted to compete. He was GIVEN a pro card by the weiders, but made it clear he was not going to live the lifestyle of the other pros. He did do a number of guest poses at various shows, because without a doubt he had one of the BEST physiques EVER or atleast until Ronnie came along. The guy had legs, calves, arms chest the WHOLE PACKAGE. And I would say he must have hovered around 300 pounds cut...he just did not want to compete...he just like working out and having the "LOOK".

He has a MYSPACE account and expresses ion the account why he never competed or became involved in the competitive lifestyle. He was aware then of what BB are finding out today and that is the sport is a threat to ones health with all of the drugs, the homosexual lifestyle one often resorts to to survive and the neurological effects that come from going on and off thee drugs. I congratulate him on his decision, but i too would have like to see him go toe to toe with the best of the time...HE WOULD HAVE BURIED MANY PEOPLE....

You seriously mean he didn't drugs? You congratulate him for what? Doing huge amount of drugs without getting any good out of all that shit? In my opinion that's one of the most stupid things you can do!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
bullshit.

he didnt have what it took to battle it out with the pro bodybuilding beasts of the planet and had to resort to lies and excuses.

he's not a has-been.

he's a never was.
Z

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »
bullshit.

he didnt have what it took to battle it out with the pro bodybuilding beasts of the planet and had to resort to lies and excuses.

he's not a has-been.

he's a never was.

Come now ! That's a bit harsh, now isn't it ? He one of the most recognized Bodybuilders of all time due to his SHEER SIZE and damn near FLAWLESS physique ... so he must've been something ? 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 02:54:35 PM »
Come now ! That's a bit harsh, now isn't it ? He one of the most recognized Bodybuilders of all time due to his SHEER SIZE and damn near FLAWLESS physique ... so he must've been something ? 
He could not get under 9 percent. plain and simple

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »
bullshit.

he's not a has-been.

he's a never was.

WORD.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »
What show you claim he would've won with this physique?

Z

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 03:06:59 PM »

I call bullshit, but just for " shits " and " giggles " what's your point ? Because I don't see what your post has to do with mine ? Even if your right and he couldn't get his Bodyfat under 9 % it still doesn't dispute the fact that he is STILL one of the most recognized Bodybuilders of all time.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »
I call bullshit, but just for " shits " and " giggles " what's your point ? Because I don't see what your post has to do with mine ? Even if your right and he couldn't get his Bodyfat under 9 % it still doesn't dispute the fact that he is STILL one of the most recognized Bodybuilders of all time.
I totally agree with you that he was popular, but my point, sense you asked, is that any bodybuilder competeing knows you need to be under 5 percent to do some damage. How can his physique be flawless, as you put it, if he cant match standered bodybuilding conditioning. There is a diference between gym lean and stage lean. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
Vic was the Kovacs of his day(massive hype), but unlike Kovacs, didn't deteriorate into Palumboism by competing. Thats why we still wonder what if...

Made a lot of cash guest-posing without having to diet. IMO, more intellegent than spending more in prep than what you could possibly earn from a show.

Master Blaster

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

I think if you showed a picture of him to the average Joe on the street, they would have no idea who he was. Steve Reeves and Arnold are about the only two that have broken through the "Schmoe Ceiling" in this "sport".

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »

You seriously mean he didn't drugs? You congratulate him for what? Doing huge amount of drugs without getting any good out of all that shit? In my opinion that's one of the most stupid things you can do!

HELLO STUPID

I congratulated him on not destroying himself with drugs and the BB lifestyle like so many others have and are still doing. Even the BEST BBs don't sign contracts really worth much relative to their needs. BB is not like Baseball, football or basketball when it comes to contracts, endorsements or money in general. The professional sports contracts are in the TENS OF MILLIONS, a pro BB is lucky to get a million dollars worth of contracts and endorsements. Take out the taxes, rent or mortgage, insurance, DRUGS, lifestyle, car etc etc and the money is spent before many of them get it. So as I said I would have loved to see VIC compete and WIN which I am sure he would have, but I am glad he didn't get sucked in to the DRUG ABUSE lifestyle that competing would have required, like we see today and the incredible amounts of deaths and cardiac issues we hear so much about, because by now he would have been another statistic.

So far as not getting anything good out of BB, VIC has gotten more than you understand...he for one has his health, has a wife and children, is still one of the most widely recognized person/BB alive and didn't have to sacrifice his self respect, health or LIFE in the process of trying to win a trophy or title thats not worth much more than SQUAT. If it were possible to ask...how many dead wrestlers, BBs, Worlds strongest men, and former heavy juicers would do it all again if they knew for certain they would DIE? I would bet you there would be a whole lot less BB doing drugs if this knowledge was available before they went as far as they did with the drugs for the sake of winning a trophy.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:06 PM »
He was a mental midget

You don't say...and would you believe he thinks the same of you
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »
bullshit.

he's not a has-been.

he's a never was.

You mean all of the now DEAD so called beasts of the planet...Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...Vic is still around and in good health...where are these beasts? Vic was smart enough to know to bow out of this MADNESS before it cost him his health or very LIFE...sadly the others were not smart enough to do the same. And all of this over a trophy that a hock shop wouldn't give you two dollars for.

WHO'S DUMB NOW????
C

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »
why should he have competed? its a personal choice. its like stopping a random guy on the street and cursing him because he doesnt wanna stand on a pro stage.

without competing he was clearly one of the best bodybuilders in the world.

lots of pros where jealous of him as he stole the spotlight from them, simple as that.for example: tom prince was very jealous of vic richards.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »

JEALOUSY WILL GET YOU NO WHERE....
C

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
why should he have competed? its a personal choice. its like stopping a random guy on the street and cursing him because he doesnt wanna stand on a pro stage.

without competing he was clearly one of the best bodybuilders in the world.

lots of pros where jealous of him as he stole the spotlight from them, simple as that.for example: tom prince was very jealous of vic richards.

Why should have he competed? well he did want to compete hence why he got his pro card , why he didn't want to compete in the pros who knows? he's a great gym bodybuilder but he'd have trouble on the pro stage.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Why should have he competed? well he did want to compete hence why he got his pro card , why he didn't want to compete in the pros who knows? he's a great gym bodybuilder but he'd have trouble on the pro stage.

look, maybe he was scared..and was one of those guys who couldnt stand loosing size when dieting...

or maybe he got his pro card (by winning easily nigerian championship)...with the intention to compete but then decided not to compete....

or maybe he got his pro card knowing he would never want to compete in the pro ranks and just got the pro card to be able to make more money from guest posings etc etc.

irregardless of the reason he didnt compete on a pro stage. the fact still remains he was the most massive bodybuilder in the world in the early 90s..and one of the best bodybuilders of the 90s. i dont give a shit if he competed or not.

some people rank bodybuilders by their competition results, i dont. in fact i dont care that much who wins a competition...its all about getting inspiration for your own training.

richards> tom prince