Author Topic: 100m in 9.74 seconds  (Read 8128 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: 100m in 9.74 seconds
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2007, 04:20:28 AM »
Jim Hines ran a 10.03 on clay in 1964.

Asafa Powell runs a 9.74 on rubber surface in 2007, with better shoes.

That's 29/100 in 43 years.

29/100 in a mature sport is significant, especially given that a big jump happened in a relatively short period of time during the Ben Johnson era.

Also keep in mind that while the tracks got faster electronic timing increased the times, so the spreads are a little larger than what it looks like on paper.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2007, 04:23:35 AM »
I think dumpster just set a getbig.com record for replying to oneself the most times in a row in one thread...

talk about a meltdown...

What he's neglected to mention because he doesn't get it is that the 3-5% makes all the difference in the world LOL

the best in the world's not possible now without drugs.

1-2-3 for wooo's brilliance in stating the obvious...

DUH

Agreed about the track but it's not because of Johnson it's just advances in technology and composites.

He was impressive but if Johnson was really as great as you say it would've taken longer than it did to surpass him.

He definitely had an incriminating "look" that others didn't, but the biggest thing was his stupidity in taking doses beyond the normal times needed to clear detection. Not a bright guy, it was his coach who took east German methods and combined it with Johnson's genetics. 1984 Olympics were a good indication of Johnson's time with less juice, in other words he was good but not a standout. His reaction time out of the blocks went crazy on the juice, just like Bond's bat reaction time.

Johnson was more muscular than the others; benched around 400 lb. at 170 lb. or less, more than the others. Maybe not huge muscles, but very defined, dense fast-twitch & lower bodyfat typical of men & women roid users.

Disagree; basically the steroid era brought the times down significantly, something like the difference between the 80s and 90s in BB.

Drugs make a big difference in the start of the sprint and maintaining max. speed later. Also a big training aid in allowing greater endurance and faster recovery.

Johnson had an abnormally fast start-on roids. His time earlier and later in his career without the same assistance was significantly slower without the same start.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2007, 04:26:29 AM »
I think dumpster just set a getbig.com record for replying to oneself the most times in a row in one thread...

talk about a meltdown...

The only meltdown is spending one's time copying and pasting my quotes, talk about obsessive (again).

No meltdown to talk about something i actually know about and was part of as a sprinter, vs. this dufus who doesn't comprehend something basic like the fact that 3-5% improvement is crucial LOL this is kid's stuff and he doesn't get it. ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 04:29:26 AM »
that was my whole point jerkoff

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2007, 04:30:53 AM »
that was my whole point jerkoff

Spend more of your life posting about me it's hilarious. You're compensating for your own issues. ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »
Spend more of your life posting about me it's hilarious. You're compensating for your own issues. ;D

no... what's hilarious is how you strut around these boards thinking that people still take you seriously...

that's the true meltdown

you are such a joke gramps

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2007, 04:35:19 AM »

no... what's hilarious is how you strut around these boards thinking that people still take you seriously...

that's the true meltdown

you are such a joke gramps

hahahahah you're spending way too much time obsessing on me.

WOOO MORNING MELTDOWN PT 1  ;D ;D ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2007, 04:38:28 AM »

hahahahah you're spending way too much time obsessing on me.

WOOO MORNING MELTDOWN PT 1  ;D ;D ;D

*yawn*

if you unblocked my PMs then i'd just nuke you there...

senility is so sad...

you sure do "look like a BBEr"  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2007, 05:07:49 AM »
Youtube Video - Ben Johnson 1988 Seoul Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbxdzRQXlI

I remember watching that live as a kid and being blown away by his size. Doesn't seem so huge now, but still impressive compared to your average Joe on the street, and compared to the other competitiors. Lewis looks like a kid, so skinny.

Johnson smoked everyone in that race.

He had that one in the bag...But the hater of the day was Lewis. He said he knew Johnson was on steriods because Johnson's eyes were yellow. Hmmm, someone knew what to look out for, when it came to signs of steriod use, I wonder why?

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2007, 05:17:18 AM »
He had that one in the bag...But the hater of the day was Lewis. He said he knew Johnson was on steriods because Johnson's eyes were yellow. Hmmm, someone knew what to look out for, when it came to signs of steriod use, I wonder why?

Lewis was a hatin bitch, and he was on plenty of gear too as were all the american sprinters

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2007, 04:50:52 PM »
Youtube Video - Ben Johnson 1988 Seoul Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbxdzRQXlI

I remember watching that live as a kid and being blown away by his size. Doesn't seem so huge now, but still impressive compared to your average Joe on the street, and compared to the other competitiors. Lewis looks like a kid, so skinny.

Johnson smoked everyone in that race.

lol, i remember watching it live too..and thought he was huge..but dont seem so huge nowdays tho hehe.

and weight training was used in the 80s.. for example; i know charlie francis had ben use weights in his training. it has been claimed ben could squat 600lbs or so and bench 365lbs..if i remember correctly (dont know if this is true or not tho)

numbers are probably exaggerated.

in my opinion ben is still the 1988 olympic 100m champ.

carl lewis used drugs too... a drug using ben beat a drug using carl.

the us ahletic federation tested several american track and field stars positive, but never informed IAAF. always been big hypocrites pointing fingers at the communist countries...but they where all using. (americans, ddr, soviet union etc etc)

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
you know what amazes me they have these expensive shoes adn clothes that weigh nothing, yet these guys wear watches and jewelry   

fuckiin retarded

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2007, 12:51:05 AM »
But dont think its impossible to run sub 10 sec or be a world champion without juice...Look here at my teamate from college Kim Collins...He won the world championships and has run under 10 many times and he has never even touched protien!!!!  This guy use to come to practice in cutoff jean shorts do half the workout and leave...hahah...Skinny as hell and weak as hell in the weight room...no joke he would do curls with 10 lbs and be bitchin how is arms hurt...Pure talent...
HUTCH I HATE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU.....NOWADAYS A SUB 10 HUNDRED IS ALSO THE RESULT OF MANY CYCLES COMBINED WITH LOTS OF TIME ON THE TRACK AND GOD GIVEN GENETICS....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2007, 03:54:34 AM »
Man, let me tell you when I was in high school, I was at 5'9 180 lbs, sub 10% bf.  I was fast as fuck, only 1 dude faster than me in my 4A school,  anyway, I ran track that year cause I thought I was the shit.  There is a huge different between, football speed and track speed.  On the football field I was unstoppable, I got on the track and got my black ass smoked.  It certainly was a humbling experience.  I was in the 1st heat and beat some guys but I was no where close to the top 3 guys.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2007, 04:13:39 AM »
you know what amazes me they have these expensive shoes adn clothes that weigh nothing, yet these guys wear watches and jewelry   

fuckiin retarded

yeah it's hilarious... the worst are the sprinters that wear the full body wind suits