Author Topic: Some Hot Professions Face Lukewarm Prospects  (Read 3246 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Some Hot Professions Face Lukewarm Prospects
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
Some Hot Professions Face Lukewarm Prospects
by Caroline Levchuck

Some professions enjoy an of-the-moment popularity. Perhaps it's because a new television show thrusts a certain vocation into the spotlight or because people realize they can make a living doing something they love. Whatever the case, some of these hot occupations exist in cooler job markets than you might anticipate.

Read on for a few professions you should consider with caution.

Lawyer

Going to law school has become the great American fallback for many folks when their first (or even fourth) job fails to bring them fulfillment. While the job market for students attending top-tier law schools (think Harvard and Yale) is always robust, for those who attend less impressive universities or who aren't at the top of their class, the outlook isn't always very impressive.

According to the National Association for Legal Placement, "the average amount borrowed for law school is currently over $80,000 for private law school students and over $54,000 for public law school students," while salaries have not increased across the board at the same rate as tuition.

According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2006-2007 edition, produced by the U.S. Department of Labor, employment for attorneys is expected to grow "as fast as average," but competition for the best jobs will be fierce. Think carefully about your finances and how you will perform in school, and don't assume that a law degree will yield a six-figure salary.

Chef

Cooking is hot -- but the pay, for the most part, is decidedly not. Culinary programs can cost big bucks (from $10,000 to nearly $50,000, depending on the program), but many graduates face salaries that hover close to minimum wage upon completion of their schooling. Even chefs move up the ranks, they may not be rewarded with a big salary. To wit, the Department of Labor reports that the "median hourly earnings of chefs and head cooks were $14.75 in May 2004."

While the Department of Labor predicts a steady demand for food-related occupations, this isn't necessarily because of growth within the industry. Rather, people are leaving the profession due to lack of earning potential or burnout.

Keep your expectations realistic and make sure you can afford your education when pursuing your culinary dreams.

Real Estate Agent

Selling houses became an extremely lucrative vocation when the real estate market exploded in recent years. Lured by high earning potential and the ability to create a more flexible schedule, a lot of people were attracted to this glamorous profession. Today, sales of existing homes are down, new construction has slowed in certain areas, and experts predict that the market will remain soft in many parts of the country for the foreseeable future.

The Occupational Outlook Handbook says that employment for brokers and sales agents will be "about as fast as average." However, your success will depend on where you work, your level of experience, and any increase or decrease in interest rates.

Consider if your attraction to real estate is based on genuine passion rather than making a quick buck, particular in a cooling market.
w

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
Re: Some Hot Professions Face Lukewarm Prospects
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
what business u in mate?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »
what business u in mate?

Great Question... I wish I knew how to answer it.

I'm in the people business. I help people to accomplish their financial & lifestyle goals.
ie: whether it be to make a fortune, develop an extra $500 - $5000 per month in income, and/or simply have the freedom to enjoy their lives spending more time with their family, rather than working 24/7 on a treadmill in a job they hate, or one that prevents them from having the time to do the things they want to do.

I help people to develop the kind of leverage in their lives that allows them freedom, options, and incredible wealth if they choose it.

The vehicle we're using to achieve this is currently the hottest growth vehicle in the market today with massive worldwide potential, and massive worldwide appeal. We're taking advantage of some very powerful convergent global market trends, the likes of which we have never seen before, ...and are unlikely to ever see again, ...to empower people to develop financial freedom while making a difference in this world, helping people and industry to save money, clean up the environment and make money (if one chooses to) all at the same time.

You can discover more by visiting www.FuelFreedomVision.com and request the video package.
w

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »
LOOL

that site looks like the other 10 million sites on the net that are all bullshit and have no chance of making real money with little effort....

no disrespect intended tho....i dont know what different money pots you've got yer hands in....

thanks for the reply aswell....

im in the process of starting up a plastering services business....im in scotland

the profit margins are unbeatable unless ur a drug lord .....

i dont need premises , i dont need stock , im not waiting for a sale all day in a shop,

can u actually just give me a summary of what that website is offering...in plain simple vocabulary

eg.  business type) SALES .....ok   ////// internet based ).......ok//////

do i need a website?) YES/NO.......ok ///////outlay to start the business?....(X)amount....ok

how long has it been working for u?//////////how old is the organisation ?......

how long have u been doing it?...../////////// how soon can i see cash?....days/weeks/months?

does someone else make money because i have signed up?/////

sorry to bombard u .....but the site just looks like another fake site that has no chance of making u a steady income....

monstercalves   :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »
Hahaha.  Monstercalves, the site is an information delivery website.
it's there to deliver information in a consistent manner (with the option to accept sales).

As I get on in my old age {cough} {cough} a touch of alzheimer's is setting in.
You don't want to trust my faulty memory.  Why not order the Free video package.
It will answer most of your questions.
w

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
Great Question... I wish I knew how to answer it.

Oh Ma'am, I think you have an excellent idea on how to answer that question.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
LOOL

that site looks like the other 10 million sites on the net that are all bullshit and have no chance of making real money with little effort....

no disrespect intended tho....i dont know what different money pots you've got yer hands in....

thanks for the reply aswell....

im in the process of starting up a plastering services business....im in scotland

the profit margins are unbeatable unless ur a drug lord .....

i dont need premises , i dont need stock , im not waiting for a sale all day in a shop,

can u actually just give me a summary of what that website is offering...in plain simple vocabulary

eg.  business type) SALES .....ok   ////// internet based ).......ok//////

do i need a website?) YES/NO.......ok ///////outlay to start the business?....(X)amount....ok

how long has it been working for u?//////////how old is the organisation ?......

how long have u been doing it?...../////////// how soon can i see cash?....days/weeks/months?

does someone else make money because i have signed up?/////

sorry to bombard u .....but the site just looks like another fake site that has no chance of making u a steady income....

monstercalves   :D

AHAHAHHAHAHHahhahahahaha :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
Optometrist.

It's a recession proof profession. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
Engineer...
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »
Engineer...

The problems is, a bad economy can put Engineers out of work as companies close.  But people will always need eye glasses, no matter what. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
I had another friend get laid off today.

No recession, my ass...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »

No recession, my ass...

Muhahahahahahahhaa.... ;D
I hate the State.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »

No recession, my ass...

Yeah, it's tough out there...hope he/she lands on their feet.
HAHA, RON.....