Author Topic: 2007 IFBB PRO LEAGUE MINUTES  (Read 8748 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
2007 IFBB PRO LEAGUE MINUTES
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »
MINUTES Of the Annual Meeting of the IFBB Professional Committee
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Salon B, Orleans Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

ITEM   DESCRIPTION ACTION

I  The meeting was called to order at 4:00pm by Jim Manion, Chairman, IFBB Professional League.

II  The roll call was taken; the following members were present:

NAME  COUNTRY  POSITION

Jim Manion  USA  Chairman
Jim Rockell  USA  Men’s Representative
Sandy Williamson  USA  Women’s Representative
Rob Wilkins  USA   Athlete Liaison (the Americas)
Pawel Filleborn  Poland  Athlete Liaison (Europe)
Steve Weinberger  USA  Promoter Representative
Rick Collins   USA  Legal Advisor
Bob Cicherillo  USA  Athlete Representative
Betty Pariso  USA  Athlete Representative
Jen Hendershott  USA  Athlete Representative
Jenny Lynn  USA  Athlete Representative

III  The previous minutes of September 27, 2006 were read into the record.  ADOPTED

PROPOSALS

IV  A proposal from Betty Pariso that there be three Ms. Olympia qualifying spots for smaller shows [two-category competitions].

[Explanatory note: Currently, for any one-category female bodybuilding competition except the Ms. Olympia and Ms. International, the top 3 finalists qualify for the next Ms. Olympia.  Where there are two categories, the top finalist in each category qualifies.]

REJECTED 

V.   A proposal from Betty Pariso that the use of props in female bodybuilding competition be permitted.

[Explanatory note: Currently, the use of props in bodybuilding competition is prohibited.]

REJECTED 

VI.  A proposal from Betty Pariso that the “desired look” for female bodybuilding be formalized in writing as part of the IFBB Pro Rules.

[Explanatory note: After some discussion, the committee held the majority opinion that the judges were already shaping the look for female bodybuilding with the winners they choose and therefore, there was no need for additional criteria other than what is currently expressed in the Pro Rules.]

REJECTED

VII.   A proposal from Jenny Lynn regarding the release of contact information of Athlete-Members to the Athlete Representatives.

[Explanatory note: The IFBB Pro League office will ensure that the Athlete Representatives are provided wth up-to-date contact information.]

ADOPTED  

VIII.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that athletes be required to have a written contract, signed and approved, no later than 8 weeks prior to the date of the competition.

[Modification: Athletes will be required to have a written contract postmarked no later than 6 weeks prior to the date of the competition.  Contracts received after the due date will be subject to a US $500 late fee to the promoter.]

ADOPTED with modification 

IX.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that athletes with a signed contract 8 weeks from the date of competition will receive a US $1,000 fee on cancellation of the competition any time prior to the original date set.

[Modification: Athletes with a signed contract 6 weeks from the date of the competition will split the sanction money on deposit at the time of the cancellation upon the cancellation of the competition any time prior to original date set.]

X.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that the “Under 210-lb” class receive one Olympia qualifying spot.

REJECTED  

XI.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that all IFBB Pro League cards will be renewed by annually by January 1st. Any card renewed after this deadline, and before February 1st, will have an additional US $100 fee attached. Renewals received after February 28th will be doubled, based on the original cost.

[Modification: All IFBB Pro League cards will be renewed (postmarked) annually by January 15th.  Any card renewed after this date will cost the athlete US $400.]

XII.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo to reduce the “Under 210-lb” class to “Under 202 lbs”.

[Explanatory note: This is not a division into two categories of a men’s bodybuilding competition.  The promoter, with the approval of the IFBB Pro League, may elect to open a separate competition for those competitors who are under 202 lbs.]

ADOPTED  

OTHER BUSINESS

XIII.  The following Other Business was briefly discussed:

1.  Where possible, the individual judge’s scores should be listed in the contest results reported at www.IFBBPRO.com

2.  The fine of US $1,000 for athletes who withdraw from a competition without a legitimate medical reason, as certified by a physician accepted by the IFBB Pro League, will be enforced.

3.  In future, Athlete Meeting times will be approved by the IFBB Pro League and will be published at www.IFBBPRO.com for each event.

4.  In future, the IFBB Pro League will publish at www.IFBBPRO.com comprehensive contest information, including an updated competitor list.

5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest.

XIV.  There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:00pm.

Minutes
Recorded by:

Jim Rockell  Men’s Representative

Minutes  Transcribed by:

Tony Blinn  General Secretary

Minutes  Approved by:

Jim Manion Chairman

Minutes  Approved by:

Ben Weider, OC, CStJ, QC, PhD
President

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: 2007 IFBB PRO LEAGUE MINUTES
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:56:11 PM »
nice to see they shitted on all of betty pariso's ideas

I personally think that the props during the womens routines "add something"

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »
Where's Goatboy...  (wait for it)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »
What did Jen Hendershott wear to the meeting?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »
nice to see they shitted on all of betty pariso's ideas

I personally think that the props during the womens routines "add something"

I was all for props being used for the women, just not the men.....they decided to keep it uniform with all BB.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »
I was all for props being used for the women, just not the men.....they decided to keep it uniform with all BB.

Same here I like it with the women, plus they need all the added stuff that they can to get some crowds goin to their shows.

Hey Bob how about something with not giving out so many damn figure pro cards, its just getting rediculous. Tell Jenny Lynn about that one please

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »
Same here I like it with the women, plus they need all the added stuff that they can to get some crowds goin to their shows.

Hey Bob how about something with not giving out so many damn figure pro cards, its just getting rediculous. Tell Jenny Lynn about that one please

LOL....I hear ya.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
Is there a fine line between a prop and part of the posing outfit?  For example, the robot suit that Kamali had, the Moses outfit of Ronnie's, the recent lion debacle of Kai Greene...are these considered outfits?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:38:29 PM »
Is there a fine line between a prop and part of the posing outfit?  For example, the robot suit that Kamali had, the Moses outfit of Ronnie's, the recent lion debacle of Kai Greene...are these considered outfits?

AS long as your "outfit" consists of a pair of posing trunks...you're good to go.

Guestposing is up to the individual.....

DA BULL

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
hey chic.................... ........what do you think of Kai posing as a lion? lollololol.............. .....gayest thing ive ever seen. wow

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own...personally, I like the high energy guest posing routines much better.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:10:20 PM »
5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest 

:(

>:(
No doubt about it...

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 11:50:47 PM »
gr8 job chick

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 12:13:27 AM »
XII.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo to reduce the “Under 210-lb” class to “Under 202 lbs”.

[Explanatory note: This is not a division into two categories of a men’s bodybuilding competition.  The promoter, with the approval of the IFBB Pro League, may elect to open a separate competition for those competitors who are under 202 lbs.]

ADOPTED

Bob, why not apply for the Under/Over 202 lbs as part of a single show (ala Olympia 1974-79) ? it would give the smaller/shorter guys more credit and gives the fans the entertainment of seeing the winners from each class go head to head at the end of the night for the overall title. i personally think this is what bbing needs, to shed more light where it should go and spread the glory/wealth around.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 12:46:49 AM »
I like the whole 202 lb class movement, too bad the Olympia invite didn't get adopted.

I don't like all the fines and contracts placed upon the athletes. Where's the fines/contracts for the promoters? Why aren't they fined for cancelling shows or failing to pay the winners.

The only thing that's going to come from the contract fees are hilarious photos of bodybuilders who completely fuck up their prep but can't afford the $1000 fee so they go on stage looking like shit.
It's Hip to be Square!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:37 AM »
This says SO MUCH about the current state of problems with judging in the IFBB.

VI.  A proposal from Betty Pariso that the “desired look” for female bodybuilding be formalized in writing as part of the IFBB Pro Rules.

REJECTED

The problem is the judging isn't consistent, so that's why they want it in writing. Also, without having it in writing, how can anyone ever prove that the judges didn't follow the rules? Of course they can't because there are no rules.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
Wow they should webcast this...looks like soo much fun there  ::)
The Number 2 in Scranton

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »
I like the whole 202 lb class movement, too bad the Olympia invite didn't get adopted.

I don't like all the fines and contracts placed upon the athletes. Where's the fines/contracts for the promoters? Why aren't they fined for cancelling shows or failing to pay the winners.

The only thing that's going to come from the contract fees are hilarious photos of bodybuilders who completely fuck up their prep but can't afford the $1000 fee so they go on stage looking like shit.

Like this?

IX.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that athletes with a signed contract 8 weeks from the date of competition will receive a US $1,000 fee on cancellation of the competition any time prior to the original date set.

[Modification: Athletes with a signed contract 6 weeks from the date of the competition will split the sanction money on deposit at the time of the cancellation upon the cancellation of the competition any time prior to original date set.]

BTW,for those that didn't know...I got the "fine" reduced from $5,000 to $1,000.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
Bob, anything about JUDGING?

Proposal to judge with common sense and open eyes - REJECTED?

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 08:42:06 AM »

Like this?

BTW,for those that didn't know...I got the "fine" reduced from $5,000 to $1,000.

My bad, I completely misread or missed that part. I just pulled an all nighter for an exam and I was in desperate need of caffeine when i logged into getbig. Nice done, suit.  ;D
It's Hip to be Square!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:43 AM »

bumped for direct clarity

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »

LOL...nope.

Let's see what unfolds for the I.M...........more comparisons than last year I'm guessing..!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:31 AM »

So, are you saying that a potential side effect of Bob's new policies will be to decrease the value of the product that ends up onstage?

No, that can't be true, because that would hurt the sport. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 09:51:13 AM »
So, are you saying that a potential side effect of Bob's new policies will be to decrease the value of the product that ends up onstage?

No, that can't be true, because that would hurt the sport. 

HUH?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 09:58:28 AM »
5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest.

that just sucks  >:(