Author Topic: 2007 IFBB PRO LEAGUE MINUTES  (Read 8748 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: 2007 IFBB PRO LEAGUE MINUTES
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 09:59:41 AM »
props on the cancellation fee chick. thats a good step forward. a very small step. but its something.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 09:59:56 AM »
What did Jen Hendershott wear to the meeting?
Her nun-bananna-bondage outfit...

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »
Ben Weider, OC, CStJ, QC, PhD
President

where's Raphael Santoja...  ???  ???
Ben Retired...

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest.

Let it go, already.  Year suspension, my ass.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
IX.  A proposal from Bob Cicherillo that athletes with a signed contract 8 weeks from the date of competition will receive a US $1,000 fee on cancellation of the competition any time prior to the original date set.

[Modification: Athletes with a signed contract 6 weeks from the date of the competition will split the sanction money on deposit at the time of the cancellation upon the cancellation of the competition any time prior to original date set.]

ADOPTED with modification

Translation:

In future no IFBB Pro bodybuilder will be contracted to compete in a pro show any further out than 4 weeks from the show in order that promoters can still cancel shows without notice.

The Luke

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »
5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest.

Did anyone vote for reinstating?
tank u jesus

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
the fines and penalties are still ridiculous and outrageous. I guess bodybuilding is only for the wealthy now. WHo can afford to loss 1000 dollars here 400 dollars there. Sounds like they are running a bank rather than an organization for hard working and financially strapped athletes. 

When in doubt rip off the middle class.

ANd if Betty Periso had the forethought not to use the word "desired" she might have had a chance. You would think people in these positions would no the importance of symantecs and the benefit of running by your proposals with a public relations expert.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
the fines and penalties are still ridiculous and outrageous. I guess bodybuilding is only for the wealthy now. WHo can afford to loss 1000 dollars here 400 dollars there. Sounds like they are running a bank rather than an organization for hard working and financially strapped athletes. 

When in doubt rip off the middle class.

ANd if Betty Periso had the forethought not to use the word "desired" she might have had a chance. You would think people in these positions would no the importance of symantecs and the benefit of running by your proposals with a public relations expert.

Who can afford it? Someone that can afford to get their paperwork in late...

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »
Who can afford it? Someone that can afford to get their paperwork in late...

It is still an outrageous penalty fee. I hope the IFBB never runs a bank. 

step in line boy...respect my athouritah!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 12:57:53 PM »

The IFBB needs to hire some better spin doctors - the current crop (Ron et al) is woefully out-gunned here.   

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
What did Jen Hendershott wear to the meeting?

I'll bet if Jenny Lynn had worn this, her idea wouldn't have been rejected.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 05:39:27 PM »
It's a damn shame not reinstate Lee Priest. The guy has paid his dues under that suspension. It's not coherent to reinstate WBFers and keep on punishing Priest.
IFBB is the crookest sports organization of them all. Probably even more corrupt than IOC. I mean, to have a guy like Paul Chua dealing the cards in a top position at the federation, at the same time all these accusations against him are floating on the air speaks volumes about how business is conducted amongst them. The minimum the IFBB council could do is to drop Chua temporarily from his position to investigate and clear the air about his wrongdoings accusations. It's a police case, authorities should handle the situation.

Until when are we going to keep watching the IFBB hammer being dropped over the heads of the likes of Milos, Priest and such, while not even the lightest accusation of contest fixing in Asia keeps non-checked??

Power, Corruption and Lies.........as always.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »
5.  The members voted to reject the request for reinstatement from Lee Priest.

Did anyone vote for reinstating?

I wonder how Bob Chick voted on this one?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »
It's a damn shame not reinstate Lee Priest. The guy has paid his dues under that suspension. It's not coherent to reinstate WBFers and keep on punishing Priest.
IFBB is the crookest sports organization of them all. Probably even more corrupt than IOC. I mean, to have a guy like Paul Chua dealing the cards in a top position at the federation, at the same time all these accusations against him are floating on the air speaks volumes about how business is conducted amongst them. The minimum the IFBB council could do is to drop Chua temporarily from his position to investigate and clear the air about his wrongdoings accusations. It's a police case, authorities should handle the situation.

Until when are we going to keep watching the IFBB hammer being dropped over the heads of the likes of Milos, Priest and such, while not even the lightest accusation of contest fixing in Asia keeps non-checked??

Power, Corruption and Lies.........as always.

It's a damn shame that Lee didn't take the reinstatment when it was offered to him...

"He who hesitates is lost"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »

I wonder how Bob Chick voted on this one?  ::)

I would have voted for reinstatment...unfortuna tely, it was already 10-0 by the time it got to me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »
It's a damn shame that Lee didn't take the reinstatment when it was offered to him...

"He who hesitates is lost"

It was offered to him knowing full well he had already signed a contract to compete in the NOC in September.  I guess Bob only has a problem with Athletes breaking show contracts if they're IFBB shows, huh?  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 06:02:23 PM »
I would have voted for reinstatment...unfortuna tely, it was already 10-0 by the time it got to me.

So, you decided to add a "me too" vote?  :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
It was offered to him knowing full well he had already signed a contract to compete in the NOC in September.  I guess Bob only has a problem with Athletes breaking show contracts if they're IFBB shows, huh?  ::)

One of the dumbest things i've seen from you....

Why on Gods green earth would the IFBB give a shit about a contract he had with a RIVAL federation....the very one he's being suspended for being a part of in the first place?

Were they supposed to give consideration for this??

Quit while you're ahead...you're making a fool of yourself

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »

How did you vote, cich? inquiring minds would like to know.

Did you change your mind on the spot and vote for no reinstatement, or did you take a stand like a man and make it 10-1?

what did you do?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
One of the dumbest things i've seen from you....

Why on Gods green earth would the IFBB give a shit about a contract he had with a RIVAL federation....the very one he's being suspended for being a part of in the first place?

Were they supposed to give consideration for this??

Quit while you're ahead...you're making a fool of yourself

They knew Lee would want to honor the commitment he had made to Wayne to do the September show, so they purposely made the offer early knowing full well he couldn't take it at that time.  He was suspended for 12 months.  Why say to him, "come back at 10 months, or you can't come back in 12 months when your suspension is over"?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »

why should the IFBB give a fuck about what Lee's commitments were, goatboy? 

and since when did lee get a reputation for doing the honorable thing?  doing the interesting thing, perhaps . . .

How did you vote, cich? inquiring minds would like to know.

Did you change your mind on the spot and vote for no reinstatement, or did you take a stand like a man and make it 10-1?

what did you do?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »
why should the IFBB give a fuck about what Lee's commitments were, goatboy? 

and since when did lee get a reputation for doing the honorable thing?  doing the interesting thing, perhaps . . .

I'm saying, their timing was on purpose to paint him into a corner.  He was suspended for 12 months.  Why ask him to come back early or don't come back at all?  The issue should not have come up until the 12 months had run, unless there were ulterior motives.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »

I'm saying, their timing was on purpose to paint him into a corner.  He was suspended for 12 months.  Why ask him to come back early or don't come back at all?  The issue should not have come up until the 12 months had run, unless there were ulterior motives.

of course there were ulterior motives . . . are you turning into a flower child suddenly? why would they not try to steal the PDI's main attraction? it's the sensible thing to do.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »
1.  Where possible, the individual judge’s scores should be listed in the contest results reported at www.IFBBPRO.com

Great idea

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
They knew Lee would want to honor the commitment he had made to Wayne to do the September show, so they purposely made the offer early knowing full well he couldn't take it at that time.  He was suspended for 12 months.  Why say to him, "come back at 10 months, or you can't come back in 12 months when your suspension is over"?

THe offer was made because LEE (alledgedly) wanted to come back....HE was the one who made overtures to come back knowing full well he had commitments to the other fed.....then turned it down.