Author Topic: How safe are private jets?  (Read 10164 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: How safe are private jets?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »
I have a lot of anxiety issues when it comes to flying, especially when there is turbelence. I'm may be going on a business trip with some of the higher-ups in my company and therefore taking the corporate jet, rather than flying commercial. Instead of being excited about it, I'm starting to get pretty nervous about the idea of flying on a smaller, private plane. I'm not exactly sure what kind of plane it is but I believe its just a medium sized corporate jet. Does anyone have any experience flying on a plane like this? Do you know if there will be a lot of turbelence compared to a commercial flight? I figured since this is Getbig, we probably have quite a few members with their own private jets ;)

I get a xanax script before I fly.  Going to Vegas the 28th and I just picked it up from the doc.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:19 PM »
Flight update please  ;D
:

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:41 PM »

A guy I know is doing his PhD in Flight Crashes.  He told me that there have been a lot of private jet crashes that happen because a pilot would tell a High Executive/wealthy passenger that there is bad weather and we can't land at this airport and have to re-route, and the exec would put $10,000 in cash right in front of the pilot and tell him to still land regardless of weather conditions!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 06:03:27 AM »
I have a lot of anxiety issues when it comes to flying, especially when there is turbelence. I'm may be going on a business trip with some of the higher-ups in my company and therefore taking the corporate jet, rather than flying commercial. Instead of being excited about it, I'm starting to get pretty nervous about the idea of flying on a smaller, private plane. I'm not exactly sure what kind of plane it is but I believe its just a medium sized corporate jet. Does anyone have any experience flying on a plane like this? Do you know if there will be a lot of turbelence compared to a commercial flight? I figured since this is Getbig, we probably have quite a few members with their own private jets ;)

lol.....I'm the same way too. I hate Turbulences. eventhough some of them are not too bad, but severe turbulence like the one who brought the Air France plane down was the worst of it's kind. the scariest turbulence I've been was so bad that some of the overhead compartment busted open and a few people scream. I almost shit on myself. it's for a good reason when the pilot said to put on your seatbelt if you're not doing anything.......I prefer flying 737's or Airbus.
Get Big, or Die Trying

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:02 AM »
A guy I know is doing his PhD in Flight Crashes.  He told me that there have been a lot of private jet crashes that happen because a pilot would tell a High Executive/wealthy passenger that there is bad weather and we can't land at this airport and have to re-route, and the exec would put $10,000 in cash right in front of the pilot and tell him to still land regardless of weather conditions!

That's exactly my point.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Is it safe to say that jets are generally considered safer than turboprops?

RJ can you please answer this?
R

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »
Is it safe to say that jets are generally considered safer than turboprops?
Safer... No, but they are more smooth to ride in because they can fly higher.

Turbo props have to deal with lower altitudes and therefore much more turbulence.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
RJ can you please answer this?
tu holmes is correct. Turboprops and jets are both turbine engines and very reliable.  Small prop planes like most 4-6 seaters are reciprocating engines and are more prone to mechanical failures.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »
Flight update please  ;D

I haven't had to go yet...but I've calmed down about it now.

By the way, if I want to get Xanax to help with anxiety, should I specifically ask the doctor for it, or should I just say I have flight anxiety and see what he recommends?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Bump for update
:

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »
Lets ask PHIL HEATH .... I'm sure the New IFBB MR. OLYMPIA only travels around the world in private jets

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

You're flying on private lear or G6 jets?  You must be a GETBIG millionaire.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
You're flying on private lear or G6 jets?  You must be a GETBIG millionaire.

Maybe you should try and read, stupid.

He said it's with the company's bosses in the corporate jet.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »
they are safe. I take mine to the gym every day.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
Maybe you should try and read, stupid.

He said it's with the company's bosses in the corporate jet.

Fuck you.

jakew300

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
I have never had any problems with my private jet.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
The thing about the private jets is that they can fly above bad weather. The commercial planes cannot and have to fly through it.

I don't think that's true... Any commercial airliner flying at 33,000 feet is flying above bad weather.

Turbo props and smaller private propeller based aircraft can't fly above bad weather, but commercial jet liners can without issue.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:58 AM »
Just say no to airplanes man, remember 9/11? Those idiots made the airplane private and see how safe that was  :-[
MIRAGETROPIN

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2011, 07:56:16 AM »
Turbo props and smaller private propeller based aircraft can't fly above bad weather,

Some can.
R

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »
I don't think that's true... Any commercial airliner flying at 33,000 feet is flying above bad weather.

Turbo props and smaller private propeller based aircraft can't fly above bad weather, but commercial jet liners can without issue.
That's incorrect.  While most "bad weather" is at the lower altitudes their is still significant weather that you simply cantget above.  Thunderstorms and towering cumulonimbus can reach as high as 50-60 thousand feet.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
That's incorrect.  While most "bad weather" is at the lower altitudes their is still significant weather that you simply cantget above.  Thunderstorms and towering cumulonimbus can reach as high as 50-60 thousand feet.

Well, that may be true, but I don't think a private jets can get above those either.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
Statistically you are far more likely to die on a private jet than a commercial jet.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »

I'm the same way when I fly. If I know I'm flying say a month prior I'm a nervous wreck for the entire month. I flew 6-7 times last year. But once I'm up I'm fine, hit bad turbulence and I white knuckle it.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
The thing about the private jets is that they can fly above bad weather. The commercial planes cannot and have to fly through it.
i prefer to fly under the bad weather