Author Topic: How do people just tolerate being average.  (Read 6870 times)

MikMaq

How do people just tolerate being average.
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
I really dont fucking get it.

over 99 percent of the population are just uninteresting dullards.

How the fuck are people ok with it.

Im not just talking about being in shape, which I think is just the bare minimum for being worth while but everything else.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How do people just tolerate being average.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
f

Uncle Junior

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »

Im not just talking about being in shape, which I think is just the bare minimum for being worth while but everything else.

Trolling helps

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »

Life isn't about accomplishment, it's about doing whatever makes you happy, for some its accomplishment, for others it's family etc etc

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
Life isn't about accomplishment, it's about doing whatever makes you happy, for some its accomplishment, for others it's family etc etc
Well Im happy when Im accomplishing something, that is the whole point. I dont feel content just sitting still or being social.

We live to live, not fucking sap around being a fucking zilch.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »
Yes, great thread, as an autistic welfare claiming retard with a flappy hand you are certainly anything but average.

Please share your numerous successes in life with the board  ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
Yes, great thread, as an autistic welfare claiming retard with a flappy hand you are certainly anything but average.

Please share your numerous successes in life with the board  ::)
When the fuck did I say I was successful, I pretty honest about my continued dissatisfaction with myself.

The difference is atleast im dissatisfied, alot of people seem perfectly happy with themselves.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »
Well Im happy when Im accomplishing something, that is the whole point. I dont feel content just sitting still or being social.

We live to live, not fucking sap around being a fucking zilch.

I used to base happiness on accomplishment. Then I left college. No more winning national debating archery or whatever. Just slogging to get work. Felt like shit. You can't always be winning or accomplishing, you have to be happy with yourself for who you are.

I haven't fully dropped that mentality but I'm trying. It is a guaranteed road to failure unless you are usain bolt and commit suicide in 2009.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »

One day you'll turn 40, look around and realize that maybe the only thing you needed it in life to feel  "accomplished" was not to give a single fuck about anything .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH

MikMaq

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
I used to base happiness on accomplishment. Then I left college. No more winning national debating archery or whatever. Just slogging to get work. Felt like shit. You can't always be winning or accomplishing, you have to be happy with yourself for who you are.

I haven't fully dropped that mentality but I'm trying. It is a guaranteed road to failure unless you are usain bolt and commit suicide in 2009.
I actually think winning is the worst. Being an olympic athlete must put a fucked up lense on everything you do.

Id rather be a brick layer, wood worker, geologist, that plays a mad fiddle eats clean, speaks multiple languages and actually experiences shit instead of consuming material goods or looking for acceptance by one group or another. ..

People that are interesting to me are those that are really engaged in something in a selfless detached way.

I think the trick to a good life, is to generally be disinterested in ones self and connected to something bigger.

People are too focused on accomplishments in the noun form, and not near enough in the verb or action of accomplishing.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 06:47:02 PM »
I actually think winning is the worst. Being an olympic athlete must put a fucked up lense on everything you do.

Id rather be a brick layer, wood worker, geologist, that plays a mad fiddle eats clean, speaks multiple languages and actually experiences shit instead of consuming material goods or looking for acceptance by one group or another. ..

People that are interesting to me are those that are really engaged in something in a selfless detached way.

I think the trick to a good life, is to generally be disinterested in ones self and connected to something bigger.

People are too focused on accomplishments in the noun form, and not near enough in the verb or action of accomplishing.

That's the mindset of the people cutting others' heads off though. I agree with you on the satisfaction of doing something that satisfies you.

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 06:55:30 PM »
That's the mindset of the people cutting others' heads off though. I agree with you on the satisfaction of doing something that satisfies you.

Ironically thats why I genuinely appreciate these people.

They fascinate me in a way, when  you look at the piles of endless petty suffering caused by most criminals and than you have something representing something that is a total contrast.

Obviously not the act, but the motivation of being something more than you are. Its like self actulization shit, fucking amazing concept.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »
Ironically thats why I genuinely appreciate these people.

They fascinate me in a way, when  you look at the piles of endless petty suffering caused by most criminals and than you have something representing something that is a total contrast.

Obviously not the act, but the motivation of being something more than you are. Its like self actulization shit, fucking amazing concept.

That sounds more like a cult mindset.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »
That sounds more like a cult mindset.

I think the word is fanaticism, and I think its a highly underrated part of life.

Being devoted to something to the point that you are willing to die is a mighty thing.

Obviously these groups of people are quickly corrupted by sociopaths and other manipulators but the ideal is pretty impressive.

It infuriates me that people are so easily corrupted, true fanaticism is a beautiful thing.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »
You should always strive to bring out the best in you - although it's all relative to your potential.
Some people have fight to be below average while others can cruise along at a high level. Those who are outstanding relative to their base are the really good ones.
People like Leonhard Euler, John Brzenk, Donald Knuth and a mountain heap of others have excelled by making optimal use of an extra ordinary base.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »

One day you'll turn 40, look around and realize that maybe the only thing you needed it in life to feel  "accomplished" was not to give a single fuck about anything .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH

I'm thirty, accomplished a good deal, and wish I had felt this way back when I was 20.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

Everybody of the special snowflake generation thinks they are above average, even though half of them are wrong by definition (assuming talent/success is normally distributed). But it helps them cope in the meantime.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »
Average is a relative term
choice is an illusion

Simple Simon

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
Average?

Sev should be able to help you with this.
He's been aiming toward being average his entire life.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
If you're not average people will ostracise you.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »

So Winston Churchill and Stephen Hawking don't make the "worthwhile cut"?  How many pullups would you have Einstein do to minimally qualify as "worthwhile?"

Kinda missing the boat on what is important - aren't you, Ace?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »

Some do.