• ARCE USA USMC
China
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Re: China
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
  What do you economy experts say about this?

Oh, definitely PED.
Y

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
Dongguan, China (CNN) -- They built it, but the shoppers didn't come.

New South China Mall in Guangdong Province opened in 2005. With 5 million square feet of shopping area, the mall can accommodate 2,350 stores, making it the largest shopping center in the world in terms of leasable space -- more than twice the size of Mall of America, the biggest shopping center in the United States.

At the outdoor plaza, hundreds of palm-trees blend with a replica Arc de Triomphe, a giant Egyptian sphinx, fountains and long-stretching canals with gondolas.

Only problem is, the mall is virtually deserted. Despite the bombastic design and grand plans, only a handful of stores are occupied. "Most of it empty, with little consumer traffic and a high vacancy rate," according to a report last year by Emporis, a global building data firm. "It has been classified as a 'dead mall.'"

Walking among shattered shops -- its dusty corridors and escalators covered in soiled sheets -- is a walk through a ghost mall. Rubbish piles up along the sides, paint is coming off the walls and store signs and advertisements have faded.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
That looks very dated for '05.

Went to Mall of Dubai this fall. It was pretty fricking sweet.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »
  How is Dubai doing?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
  How is Dubai doing?

Seemed to be going well tourist wise. I went in the off season though I think. The mall was pretty empty on weekdays. When I ordered a coffee I had three waitors at my disposal and another 5 just standing there lol.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
Saw 60 minutes last night for a few minutes.  They were showing entire cities built in China that are empty.  Get ready for a housing bubble burst of epic proportions.

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »
This shit is nonsense.

China's a fucking huge country there's gonna be a few misses, but there are still a ton of hits.

The housing market in china is still command driven.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »
china will be a democracy soon, and when then that happens muslims, americans, blacks will invade and fill up those empty buildings, china will be another america in 15 years
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
china will be a democracy soon, and when then that happens muslims, americans, blacks will invade and fill up those empty buildings, china will be another america in 15 years

;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »

lol