Author Topic: The Gibbler's making his comeback  (Read 14350 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: The Gibbler's making his comeback
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »
ummmm. what? who's trying to get noticed? I'm just posting my progress and getting advices.

I know, just messing with you. It seems like I have seen that naked dude posted like 200 times . Nothing against you, dude.
E

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »
yes definately delts. what part of torso? i am focusing a lot of my upper chest.
chest and back is what I was thinking. Making good progress
SHAZAM!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »
You are making good progress gibber...but I think you should not be worrying about focusing on any certain body part...you should be concentrating on heavy, basic compound movements right now because you are still building your base,I guess you would call it..you know what I mean...get a good solid foundation of muscle then worry about the fine tuning later...Just my opinion. :)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »
well it's not fine tuing it's building. i need to build better shoulders and chest especially the top seems to be the biggest issue. as far as building a foundation. i squat and deadlift if that's what you all mean.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2006, 12:14:42 AM »
i've had shoulder pain since high school but aparently now it doesn't bother me any more. the inner part of my left elbow/tricep area hurts. like right in the funnybone area. anyway i was doing inclines. 160 for 5 reps. GO ME! I wonder what that translates to in flat bench. Also I can do 135 military press with barbell. I was shocked because the last time i had done that exercise it was when i was when i weighed 150 and i could only do a 10 plate on each side. A friend of mine used to say i worked out with CD's. Anyway my lift never increased so i totally cut out that exercise until the other day i wanted to see what i can do and i did 135. I started out with quarters thinking it would be heavy because i had NO idea how much i can lift. It feels good that you're military pressing 45's. to weak people it looks amazing. So these are my lifts now.

Incline barbell bench   160 - 5 reps
Squat                       260- 6 reps
Deadlift                     270- 2 reps
Military press             135- 5 reps

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2006, 06:15:44 AM »
Oh dear. Gibblet you look like shit. But you have had the balls to post your pics and for that you have my respect. With some hard work you can have a good body - but cardio is a must! Don't use genetically gifted pros as an excuse not to do it. 40 mins, 4 times a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Its boring, but you'll notice the difference after about a month [providing your diet is good].
Keep your workouts intense - it shouldn't take more than half an hour to train a bodypart, except legs. Six to ten sets per bodypart, last set of every exercise to failure. Stick to this and you'll have a completely different physique after two or three months [providing your diet is good].
Good luck.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2006, 08:15:25 AM »
ummmm. what? who's trying to get noticed? I'm just posting my progress and getting advices.

Dude, I apologize for tearing you up before, but you just gotta work! Theres nothing wrong with just starting out, but postin pics at this stage of the game may come off as trying to get notices I guess. The good thing is you look way better than candidate.  ;D

From seeing your pics, just Focus on your diet...I tell this to folks all the time, its what you eat! And what you DONT eat! Training, sure its important, but diet, diet, diet... Expecially if your a natural...when your natural you wont have the  luxury of transforming yourself into a mujscl bound beast in 10 weeks..just by doing a cycle, eating like a horse, and training hard... Being natural you have to be persisitent and look at the big picture..OVER YEARS.. just learn to live the bodybuilding lifestyle every day, all year...
One of my mistakes, Ive been training for along time, but over that time there was a 5 year gap after being in contest shape-  where although I kept training, my diet was SHIT..i put on lots of BF now im paying for it.I blew up to 260..Now im 220..I need to be 190-210... So, dont go over board with eating too much..unless your metabolism can handle it..(eating lots of high calorie foods)...
Good luck. If i were you also, just invest your money in protein powders, dont worry about the other stiff out there.. and drink atleast 2 a day. with 3-4 good meals a day.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2006, 02:52:50 AM »
My back last week.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2006, 03:52:28 PM »
just push some weight!

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
gibbler, you need more width.  do a shitload of weighted chin-ups, pulldowns, and side laterals (with good form).  also, for your torso, lots of incline db presses, make sure you go all the way down till you touch your shoulders, unlike most of the clowns in my gym who do quarter movements.

do lots of basic movements, heavy squats, deadlifts, bb rows.  heavy squats will pack mass like nothing else.

finally, do NOT neglect calves, not doing them is like saying that black bodybuilders do not need to tan.

hope this helps.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2006, 09:02:24 PM »
neglect calves? have you seen my calves?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2006, 09:11:13 PM »
it does not matter whether your calves are naturally big.  you still need to define them.  i've seen many guys with tiny waists claiming they do not need to do abs because they waist is narrow.  guess what, they look like sh.t when compared to guys with abs. 

also, the most important thing is to be consistent.  there should be no more "comebacks."  you gotta train all the year around if you want to make progress.  take no more than two one-week breaks a year.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2006, 09:29:22 PM »
By the looks of your squat numbers compared to your deadlift I'd say you're not even going close to full range on the squats.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2006, 04:41:48 AM »
not true. i do my squats parallel. i don't go lower because i dont wanna build my glutes more. the thing is that i've been doing squats since the very beginning when i started training. deadlifts are pretty new to me and i have not even done 20 workouts with deadlifts. also my legs as you can see are a lot better than my back and my grip isn't all that.

as far as calves pickle the reason they are not defined is because i lack definition all over.