Author Topic: It's a Farce! 2nd hottest month on record globally!  (Read 9240 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: It's a Farce! 2nd hottest month on record globally!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
Disregard the OP, refer to this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=536577.0

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: It's a Farce!
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2014, 12:34:23 PM »
BS is bs.  Not facts.   We're still here.  We were supposed to freeeeeeeeeeeeze!  We were supposed to drownnn when the polar ice caps melted. We should all be dead from the heat!  Or was that the cold...?  People are moving entire cities to escape!  Ahhhhh....

Riiiiight.  You move.  You stop using your heating and A/C.  Stop driving or even using public transportation.  Become amish or menonite or some other candlestick  user.  No more processed foods for you.  No more electricity.  No more modern conveniences. None.  No cell phones, no internet, no TV, no microwave popcorn, no nothing.  Give it all up.  Make your own clothes from scratch and grow your own food.  Don't you dare harm a flea when you do so, because you never know that flea could be the straw that breaks Mother Nature's back and sends us into the next BS nightmare of a lie.  No carbon credits for you.

Riiiiight.  You guys are Chicken Little.  

As for facts, we're still here.  That's a fact. One that probably pisses you off.  I'm old enough to remember the first gasoline shortage.  What a farce.  Follow the money. 
That's usually foolproof. I'd suggest 'listen to the science.' They will be the canaries in the GW coalmine. Big business will always screw you. Yes, you.   ;)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: It's a Farce! 2nd hottest month on record globally!
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
 ;D
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »
so the fact that humans exist trumps everything for you? no one wants these crazy solutions, tehy won't work in reality, there are options like nuclear for example. even if we divert the damage to a degree it may be fine.

I just don't understand why you are denying basic science? what for? so you are wrong, and those educated on this subject would suggest you are, wouldn't the economic consequences  be wroth averting? you want to see the changes with your own eyes? the ice sheet is in collapse, go watch it.

I don't deny "basic science", I just refuse to go along with bullshit.  As I said and you will doubtless avoid (as well should any civilized person) let those that cry such dribble give up all, go live in a cave and live in primitive poverty to save the planet !  Lead by example, not by words. 

Example time -

These scientists are like so many false pastors.  Not prophets but in it for profit.  "Give 'til it hurts and then give some more!"  Or perhaps "Give up everything so that you will have all at the end of all things!"

And all the while these worthless ministers live in comfort.  As for those who are educated, well...Jesus of Nazareth was not an educated man and the religious scholars of His time made a point of this.  It doesn't take a degree to know the truth.  Follow the money.

I have christian  friends that every once in a while will scream "The SIGNS are here!  The END is coming!"  No different really than what some scientists do.  The reality of it is this:  They're just adding to the noise.  I'm with John on that one.  There's more than a few here that would likely agree with him.

I expect to see on the news that you've started a eco-friendly commune.  No electricity, no internet, no creature comforts, just raw foods and hand loomed clothes.  Let me know how that goes.

As for me and mine, well we don't wish to wear your clothes.  You do it. You and others of your faith prove  your worth by living your beliefs.  I won't hold my breath.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »
That's usually foolproof. I'd suggest 'listen to the science.' They will be the canaries in the GW coalmine. Big business will always screw you. Yes, you.   ;)

The canaries died.  I don't think any scientist is going to sacrifice himself or his livelihood in the name of his belief in this stuff.  Early Christians died for their beliefs but fortunately no one is condemning these scientists.  First off, they don't live their faith as did early Christians and secondly, they wouldn't die for it, again, as early Christians did.

Big business used to shill outside the temples, now they own the temples.   

Be well.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2014, 04:57:31 AM »
I don't deny "basic science", I just refuse to go along with bullshit.  As I said and you will doubtless avoid (as well should any civilized person) let those that cry such dribble give up all, go live in a cave and live in primitive poverty to save the planet !  Lead by example, not by words. 

Example time -

These scientists are like so many false pastors.  Not prophets but in it for profit.  "Give 'til it hurts and then give some more!"  Or perhaps "Give up everything so that you will have all at the end of all things!"

And all the while these worthless ministers live in comfort.  As for those who are educated, well...Jesus of Nazareth was not an educated man and the religious scholars of His time made a point of this.  It doesn't take a degree to know the truth.  Follow the money.

I have christian  friends that every once in a while will scream "The SIGNS are here!  The END is coming!"  No different really than what some scientists do.  The reality of it is this:  They're just adding to the noise.  I'm with John on that one.  There's more than a few here that would likely agree with him.

I expect to see on the news that you've started a eco-friendly commune.  No electricity, no internet, no creature comforts, just raw foods and hand loomed clothes.  Let me know how that goes.

As for me and mine, well we don't wish to wear your clothes.  You do it. You and others of your faith prove  your worth by living your beliefs.  I won't hold my breath.

you are creating this massive strawman, that I want civilization to stop, posing it as the only option and then acting like you are participating in this discussion. If you want to talk science and facts lets do that, but the above is a period induced emotion fest.