Author Topic: BREAKING: Arnold Expo Strongman 2012 RIGGED - Shahlaei and Hollands shafted!  (Read 8468 times)

w8m8

Neither Terry Hollands nor Laurence Shahlaei have been invited to this years Arnold Classic Strongman!

The Arnold organiser Terry Todd should hang his fucking head in shame!

Both Hollands and Shahlaei were finalists in the 2011 Worlds Strongest Man competition (3rd and 4th place finishers respectively) a show that was (as consensus agrees) the toughest WSM of all time!

The credentials of both guys are beyond reproach. First we have Hollands, a multiple time WSM finalist, podium finisher and fucking sexy BEAST!! Then we arrive at Laurence, a monster of whom not only has several WSM shows under his belt (he has never lost the squat event) but has (in 2011) also achieved several world and British records including a 430KG Strongman Deadlift, a 190KG Log lift and a 205KG Axle! In short, only a complete scumbag would exclude these two guys from the 2012 Arnolds!

None of the 2011 WSM finalists (from Derek Poundscum thru newcomers such as Thor Bjornsson) deserve to be at the Arnolds more than the two brits. Outside of Brian Shaw and Zydrunas Savickas none of the others have proven themselves more than Hollands and Laurence and quite frankly are not of the same calibre.

Here is a provisional list of this years competitors, even Benedikt Magnusson gets ANOTHER fucking invite!:

Mike Jenkins
Derek Poundstone
Brian Shaw
Zydrunas Savickas
Hafthor Bjornsson (Matuesz Baron declined invite)
Benedikt Magnusson
Mikhail Koklyaev
Winner of LA Fit Expo

Mind you, after looking at this years Arnold Strongman events, it's shaping up to be the worst show ever. Maybe the two brits are better off without it? I mean, a fucking "axle power clean for reps"

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/home/sports-and-events/strongman-classic.html

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
sad news

Figo

• Getbig V
I didn't watch last yrs wsm

Those 2 are very consistent, and improve year on year, strong competitors and always improving

Maybe the promoters deemed local boys (usa) to be better drawcards

w8m8

They're in the highlights video FFS

They placed 3rd and 4th

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY NOT BE INVITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

WHO DECIDES THIS SHIT ? ? ? ?

It's BULLSHIT  >:(

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this shit needs to stop

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
I wouldn't invite loud fat asses like that either

w8m8

I wouldn't invite loud fat asses like that either

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/2011-wsm/what-does-it-take-to-be-the-worlds-strongest-man/

They are FEATURED on the WSM website you idiot

so that puts you in the asshole catagory aside whomever neglected to invite them

the competition placed 4 men at the top and they ALL should be invited

fuck off with your stupid bias opinion .. the feats these men achieve are so much more than you could ATTEMPT it's ridiculous for you to even speak on it

JasonH

• Getbig V
It's a bit bad that they haven't been invited based on their records I reckon it's because they're not "glamourous" enough for the contest. Poundstone was always going to be a shoe-in because he's the all-American golden boy, Zavikas and Shaw are obvious choices and goes without saying, and I can understand Koklaeyev and Benedict Magnusson to some extent but I don't understand Jenkins and Bjornsson. Strange decisions being made there.

w8m8

It's a bit bad that they haven't been invited based on their records I reckon it's because they're not "glamourous" enough for the contest. Poundstone was always going to be a shoe-in because he's the all-American golden boy, Zavikas and Shaw are obvious choices and goes without saying, and I can understand Koklaeyev and Benedict Magnusson to some extent but I don't understand Jenkins and Bjornsson. Strange decisions being made there.

Strange indeed  >:(

It's wrong ... I'd like to hear the explanation retarded excuse they have for NOT inviting them  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
name put the asses in the seat. 

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
I agree with you, total bullshit. At the LEAST Hollands should have gotten an invite.

w8m8

name put the asses in the seat. 

the WSM competition gave 4 spots to WINNERS

WINNERS deserve invites

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
the WSM competition gave 4 spots to WINNERS

WINNERS deserve invites

;D

w8m8

;D

I'm pissed off about this .... more people should be

it's one more instance of "how things are done" that makes no fucking sense

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
it does stink............ hollands is a legit top 3 in the world.... shalleleih looks a mess, lifts awkwardly but he's getting stronger each yr

i love wsm, the arnold used to be a legit pure strongman event, no races, all big lifts

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
tragedy, innit ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

paki ?

LOL, no
"Innit" derives from the chav/townie/pikey sub-culture
has been falsely over-labbeled on the British Asian Communities

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/2011-wsm/what-does-it-take-to-be-the-worlds-strongest-man/

They are FEATURED on the WSM website you idiot

so that puts you in the asshole catagory aside whomever neglected to invite them

the competition placed 4 men at the top and they ALL should be invited

fuck off with your stupid bias opinion .. the feats these men achieve are so much more than you could ATTEMPT it's ridiculous for you to even speak on it

does that placing from last year automatically qualify them for this year?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
yeah they had the story on ESPN
 ::)

w8m8

does that placing from last year automatically qualify them for this year?

I'm unsure .. I will ask them and find out

w8m8

yeah they had the story on ESPN
 ::)

of all the threads available for you to comment on ( aside from the political board ) ... you chose mine to roll your eyes back about

damn shame they don't have "planking competitions" eh ?

you go girl  :D

Figo

• Getbig V
It's a bit bad that they haven't been invited based on their records I reckon it's because they're not "glamourous" enough for the contest.

That's basically it

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
Sergeii Romanchuk was invited at the Arnold in 2010 AND 2011. Neither Shalaei nor Hollands are invited for the 2012 ASC.

lol ? :-\

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
The promoters are shooting themselves in the foot.