Author Topic: Amazing 2001 ASC Ronnie!  (Read 6613 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Amazing 2001 ASC Ronnie!
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »
ridiculous conditioning, Every body part is freaky, triceps and Calves look Huge as well!

Never seen this before:

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Amazing 2001 ASC Ronnie!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
His biggest shortcoming was lack of dryness IMO, so i can't say his conditioning's perfect. He was more shredded in the late 90s, but great musculature here including pretty good calves. He always had great tri size despite the fact they're overlooked due to the freaky bis.

Too bad he comes across as somewhat stupid; with a little more intelligence the posing could've been better and the presentation more effective.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »
 :o  :o  :o

"whatcha ya'll want next??"  lol  ;D

Ronnie's one of a kind!  ;)
just not good enough

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
says the vieo is no longer available
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
says the vieo is no longer available

it's playing for me

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
yeah its playing now
damn he looks out of breath
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »
Did he ingest 3 pizzas after his win, his stomach is pronounced.Still absolutly mind blowing
Arnold For President 2012.2016

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 09:43:24 AM »

This same posing session was shown in another thread about the '01 Olympia. Which is which?
I remember Ronnie wore lime green trunks in a couple rounds of the Arnold that year, but I'm not sure if Ronnie was like Shawn Ray- who wore different trunks for the PJ and the night show, so when photos came out he knew when they were taken and whether he tightened up or spilled over or not.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »
This same posing session was shown in another thread about the '01 Olympia. Which is which?
I remember Ronnie wore lime green trunks in a couple rounds of the Arnold that year, but I'm not sure if Ronnie was like Shawn Ray- who wore different trunks for the PJ and the night show, so when photos came out he knew when they were taken and whether he tightened up or spilled over or not.

Thats from the 2001 Arnold Classic he did wear those bright line green trunks at the Olympia as well but thats the Arnold you can see the trophies .

he looked great but that gut is massive even though he's just 244 pounds , he's competed in 1996 at 250 pounds with no gut what so ever its odd how he could be lighter and have a much bigger gut.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »
he looked incredible there - even with the monster gut.

that most muscular is out of this world, and NO ONE has had a better rear lat spread than that IMO.

that width with that tiny waist - and the christmas tree- make that rear lat spread the best ever IMO.

even his much attacked triceps look totally crazy.

I still think that based on the visuals, his 99 O. form is better - more size, gut not bulging out so much, and equal hardness - but that form is crazy none the less.

Flower Boy Ran Away

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
His biggest shortcoming was lack of dryness

I agree with you. Ronnie's strengh was his incedible ability to show definition between his muscles, but he always had a thin layer of water under his skin, even at his best. I personally think he was drier at the 1998 Olympia. Ronnie at his best could never match the dryness of guys like Branch Warren, Shawn Ray, Yates, Benaziza, Labrada etc.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
Ronnie at his best could never match the dryness of guys like Branch Warren, Shawn Ray, Yates, Benaziza, Labrada etc.

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 02:16:42 PM »

Have you seen these two guys up close? I have. I was there at the 2000 Olympia and at the 1996 Olympia, and even though Ronnie was out of this World, his conditioning was vastly inferior to Yates. Sorry. Now, that year was not Coleman's best in terms of conditioning, but even then the difference is so ginormous that I doubt Coleman would be as dry as Yates even at the 1998/9 Olympias as well as at the 2001 ASC. I am a huge Ronnie fan, but even I can see that his conditioning was inferior to Yates. It was far inferior when he was at his heaviest weights and still slightly inferior at his best. Dude, why is it that you feel such a strong need to put Coleman above Yates even at areas where Dorian is clearly superior to Ronnie ??? That is called bias, my friend, the narrow vision of someone who is blinded by emotion and can't see things rationally.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »
   his conditioning was inferior to Yates. It was far inferior when he was at his heaviest weights and still slightly inferior at his best.

I think the difference is that Yates was very dry, like only a few other BBs such as Robinson. At his leanest, Coleman was incredibly shredded, moreso than Yates. Not the same as dry.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 02:19:28 PM »
  Have you seen these two guys up close? I have. I was there at the 2000 Olympia and at the 1996 Olympia, and even though Ronnie was out of this World, his conditioning was vastly inferior to Yates. Sorry. Now, that year was not Coleman's best in terms of conditioning, but even then the difference is so ginormous that I doubt Coleman would be as dry as Yates even at the 1998/9 Olympias as well as at the 2001 ASC. I am a huge Ronnie fan, but even I can see that his conditioning was inferior to Yates. It was far inferior when he was at his heaviest weights and still slightly inferior at his best. Dude, why is it that you feel such a strong need to put Coleman above Yates even at areas where Dorian is clearly superior to Ronnie ??? That is called bias, my friend, the narrow vision of someone who is blinded by emotion and can't see things rationally.

With Dorian Yates, it's always a matter of, "You have to have been there to see, there's something about Dorian you just can't tell from pictures.  If you didn't sit at the show a few hundred feet away from them 5-10 years ago you can't judge from still close-up pictures of the event, " etc.  ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »
Personally i think Ronnie looked his best when competing at 265-290 lbs, not 245-250ish.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 03:06:03 PM »
Did he ingest 3 pizzas after his win, his stomach is pronounced.Still absolutly mind blowing

He likes his Gatorade after a contest Monk.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »
With Dorian Yates, it's always a matter of, "You have to have been there to see, there's something about Dorian you just can't tell from pictures.  If you didn't sit at the show a few hundred feet away from them 5-10 years ago you can't judge from still close-up pictures of the event, " etc.  ::)

yeah, the excuses and hocus pocus assertions continue to mount.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
I think the difference is that Yates was very dry, like only a few other BBs such as Robinson. At his leanest, Coleman was incredibly shredded, moreso than Yates. Not the same as dry.

but you have to be super dry in order to be super shredded 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

This is not entirely true. Ronnie in the off-season still had better definition than lots of bodybuilders in contest shape, even though he was carrying significant bodyfat. Andreas Munzer showed striations in the off-season, while many bodybuilders lack stiations even in contest shape. The degree of muscular definition you show is partially genetic. A bodybuilder can be more shredded than another while having more intramauscular water.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
This is not entirely true.

yes it is.

the fact is that you cannot look like this by holding water over your muscles:

ronnie looks like this because he is super dry:

Flower Boy Ran Away

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
yes it is.

the fact is that you cannot look like this by holding water over your muscles:

ronnie looks like this because he is super dry:

Dude, Ronnie was more shredded than Dorian ever was at the 2000 Olympia, and yet everyone could see that he was holding water. His skin looked puffy and watery, and yet he was far more shredded than Dorian at the 1996 Olympia. Going by your logic, then Ronnie had less subcutaneous water at the 2000 Olympia than Yates. Do you really believe this? That Ronnie in his 2000 Olympia incarnation was drier than Dorian? And how do you explain that Munzer had striations in the off-season while many bodybuilders lack them even in contest shape? Admit it, dude: muscular definition is aprtially genetic, which is why Ronnie was more defined than Yates even when he was holding more water and fat. :)

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 04:49:34 PM »

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »

Not quite the same; dryness isn't just about cuts but what's happening in between the cuts. They almost but don't quite converge near the extremes.

This is dry. Coleman got close in the late 90s. Extreme size & dryness don't quite mix together. But Coleman beat Yates on most other criteria. No BB has the best of every attribute.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
  Dude, Ronnie was more shredded than Dorian ever was at the 2000 Olympia, and yet everyone could see that he was holding water. His skin looked puffy and watery, and yet he was far more shredded than Dorian at the 1996 Olympia. Going by your logic, then Ronnie had less subcutaneous water at the 2000 Olympia than Yates. Do you really believe this? That Ronnie in his 2000 Olympia incarnation was drier than Dorian? And how do you explain that Munzer had striations in the off-season while many bodybuilders lack them even in contest shape? Admit it, dude: muscular definition is aprtially genetic, which is why Ronnie was more defined than Yates even when he was holding more water and fat. :)

you are comparing apples to oranges.

we are speaking of Ronnie at his career best (either 2001 AC or 98/99 Olympia depending on your preference).

not his 2000 Olympia form:

compare them: ronnie was FAR more dry at his peak than in 2000.

the claim was made that Ronnie was NEVER as dry as Yates, momo, shawn, etc etc.

I easily disproved this by posting a simple pic.

its really that simple.

Flower Boy Ran Away