Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76459 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
You are being absurd... you of all people should know of the "do anything it takes" mentality that all serious bodybuilders posses to some extent or another. In fact I am sure that even you pushed the envelope more and more as the years went by, and the chance of you getting a pro card seemed slimmer, and slimmer.

As I sated earlier you even got yourself in trouble with diuretics, so are you just as reckless as some of the others? Be honest about this...

Anyways... you can try and change things by lobbying to either alter the judging standards in an effort to penalize an overly chemical look to the competitors, or reinstate diuretic testing, (Which IMO is probably the best option for various reasons).

If you "care so much" about bodybuilders, and this sport like you say you do, then you would be discussing ideas to try and better it, instead of trying to constantly save face, try and prove your right no matter how silly you come off in the process, or calling us all trolls/closet homosexuals, etc....
name calling is an act of desperation

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
name calling is an act of desperation
Sure it is. Feels pretty good, tho, too.  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »
You are being absurd... you of all people should know of the "do anything it takes" mentality that all serious bodybuilders posses to some extent or another. In fact I am sure that even you pushed the envelope more and more as the years went by, and the chance of you getting a pro card seemed slimmer, and slimmer.

Incorrect...I NEVER pushed the envelope in my quest for a pro card...perhaps If I did, it wouldnt have taken me 13 years to achieve one, but I wasnt willing to do it. Perhaps there are those who are willing to "do anything"...I wasnt one of them...

As I sated earlier you even got yourself in trouble with diuretics, so are you just as reckless as some of the others? Be honest about this...

I had ONE problem in 30 YEARS of competing...If I were "reckless" I'm sure there would have been more instances...what I had was a flu, combined with competing 3 times in as many weeks, and diuretics, which made for a bad combo.

Anyways... you can try and change things by lobbying to either alter the judging standards in an effort to penalize an overly chemical look to the competitors, or reinstate diuretic testing, (Which IMO is probably the best option for various reasons).

These guys are adults and professionals..if they aint smart enough to stay away from something as damaging as Nubain, then perhaps they should re evaluate what they are doing  in life...

If you "care so much" about bodybuilders, and this sport like you say you do, then you would be discussing ideas to try and better it, instead of trying to constantly save face, try and prove your right no matter how silly you come off in the process, or calling us all trolls/closet homosexuals, etc....

People get treated "in-kind" here...if they come at me like an ignorant asshole, then they get treated as such...ask normal questions, engage in debate and discussion like a human being...and it gets returned. I dont randomly attack anonymous people....

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »

OK... Give us an example of what you weren't willing to do in your BBing career. We all know that you wont post up cycles, etc, but maybe you could point out some things that you weren't willing to do to be competitive, that others were...to illustrate your point.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
I'm an MMA fighter, and I'll defend my country at the split second, but I'll also put an asshole like you to sleep in a Rear Naked Choke in less than a minute...It's up to me if you live or die...I'll let you live , because your life is so pathetic, it would be more a of a revenge to let you live...

LOL

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
OK... Give us an example of what you weren't willing to do in your BBing career. We all know that you wont post up cycles, etc, but maybe you could point out some things that you weren't willing to do to be competitive, that others were...to illustrate your point.

Wasnt willing to do anything that compromised my integrity, first and foremost...wasnt willing to do any rec drugs, retarded amounts of steroids, GH, etc...never used IGF, DNP, or insulin (other than for 1 show during the last 48 hour carb up)...wasnt willing to get to 300 lbs. for the mere sake of it...wast willing to push the envelope with MAX lifts for ego...wasnt willing to stay on the gas all year long...and wasnt willing to live out of my car, leave home with 200 bucks in my pocket, etc, etc..old story that we all hear of.  I waited until I won the USA, secured a contract with GNC and had money in the bank until I decided to move out to the coast.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
Why the fuck would someone "prepare" for a guest posing in the first place ?  :-\

We'll he's gotta be big and in some sort of condition... it would be bad for business if he went to a guest posing where he's getting paid 3-5g's and look like shit all around.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
Wasnt willing to do anything that compromised my integrity, first and foremost...wasnt willing to do any rec drugs, retarded amounts of steroids, GH, etc...never used IGF, DNP, or insulin (other than for 1 show during the last 48 hour carb up)...wasnt willing to get to 300 lbs. for the mere sake of it...wast willing to push the envelope with MAX lifts for ego...wasnt willing to stay on the gas all year long...and wasnt willing to live out of my car, leave home with 200 bucks in my pocket, etc, etc..old story that we all hear of.  I waited until I won the USA, secured a contract with GNC and had money in the bank until I decided to move out to the coast.

Interesting... Did you use GH year round, or only pre-contest? Looking back do you feel that GH was overrated, or did it make a significant improvement.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »
Interesting... Did you use GH year round, or only pre-contest? Looking back do you feel that GH was overrated, or did it make a significant improvement.

Never used it year round...WAY over rated IMO...especially in bigger dosages. Better as a anti-aging drug...

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
Never used it year round...WAY over rated IMO...especially in bigger dosages. Better as a anti-aging drug...

Did it help you lose fat faster then if you werent taking it. It always seemed to me that it was nothing more then a glorified fat burner, but I never tried it, so I can only go by what I have read, and talked to people about.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »
Did it help you lose fat faster then if you werent taking it. It always seemed to me that it was nothing more then a glorified fat burner, but I never tried it, so I can only go by what I have read, and talked to people about.

Not that I could tell...maybe in higher dosages, but I wasnt willing to go there (or spend the money)

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2009, 07:20:55 PM »
I don't think Nubain use has anything to do with injuries or physical pain. They just want to get high. They may feel it helps the bodybuilding routine somehow but mainly just use narcotics because it feels good.

It is a pain killer first and foremost, so you are wrong. Secondly, while it does have some dysphoric/euphoric effects, there are much better drugs out there if you strictly want to get "high"....

Nubain is still used in some states in Obstetrics patients, although less common as fentanyl and morphine are still good choices.

Either way, you gotta be a fucking moron- Tom Prince, etc to get hooked on the stuff.

-A DUB

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »
It is a pain killer first and foremost, so you are wrong. Secondly, while it does have some dysphoric/euphoric effects, there are much better drugs out there if you strictly want to get "high"....

Nubain is still used in some states in Obstetrics patients, although less common as fentanyl and morphine are still good choices.

Either way, you gotta be a fucking moron- Tom Prince, etc to get hooked on the stuff.

-A DUB

I was talking to a MD about Nubain not long ago, and he mentioned that while it still sees occasional use before surgeries, it is rarely used, as morphine is preferred in almost all cases, and it never really caught on in the Medical community in the first place.

Bodybuilders are really the only fans of this crap...and thankfully I think that its "era" has come to an end for the most part.

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2009, 08:02:45 PM »
DENIAL   once a juicer always a juicer.  Walking around with blinders on regarding your own situation but then screaming about being anti-steroid.   Hypocrite maybe?   Just becuz the years have gone by doesnt save you from using that needle 16 years ago.  Time will never cleanse your soul

People experiment with things they know have adverse effects.  All drugs are the same.  A temporary perk for potentially long lasting negative effects.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
Luke will recover... 8)

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
Do any pros admit the amount of steroids they use will training and preppring for shows?  How large a disparity is there in their dose and that of the casual steroid user (if there can be one)?

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »

I was talking to a MD about Nubain not long ago, and he mentioned that while it still sees occasional use before surgeries, it is rarely used, as morphine is preferred in almost all cases, and it never really caught on in the Medical community in the first place.

Bodybuilders are really the only fans of this crap...and thankfully I think that its "era" has come to an end for the most part.

You are pretty much right. There are much better, safer drugs that can be used with less potential for abuse/addiction/complications.

Some MMA fighter got hooked on it also and admitted to it... I forget the guys name, but someone will post it.

I also think a reason for bodybuilders getting their hands on it and using it, is it's availability in Mexico...

-A DUB

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
Luke will recover... 8)

8)

AUSTRALIAN MUSCLE MACHINE!!!

8) 8) 8)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »
I will be bigger than luke wood by next year :D ... Get well luke, nice dude.

Bob rewind back to the 2003 olympia, was that girl hanging off your THEN HUGE arm your mrs?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »
I will be bigger than luke wood by next year :D ... Get well luke, nice dude.

Bob rewind back to the 2003 olympia, was that girl hanging off your THEN HUGE arm your mrs?

If a man of Luke's height and frame size trained naturally, what is a realistic height for him and in what condition?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »

-A DUB

I don't think I'm wrong in the least. I don't think all the guys using Nubain were in such pain they needed a narcotic. Of course there are more potent drugs for getting high. This is probably one justification for using it, "it's not that big of a deal, it's not that strong, it's not in the same class as stronger narcotics". In the short run narcotics make the boring and monotonous bodybuilding routine more "fun" and tolerable. I don't think bodybuilders use it because they are in such pain that they absolutely can't train without it. It's just like GHB. Yes it can help you sleep and release GH but it's used mainly because it makes you high, not because you're desperately in need of something to put you to sleep.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »
Life is a BITCH.
K

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2009, 08:49:17 AM »
Wow first time I've seen Chick admitting to GH, Slin, diuretic use!  Bravo!  As much as I bust Chick's balls I do respect his take on drugs and he's one of the more level headed bodybuilders obviously. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »
Of course it is.  These guys have literally NOTHING else to fall back on.  Most are not qualified to do anything.  So, they take their shot (literally and figuratively).

What exactly is stopping these guys from going back to school and learning a skill? I know many people who changed careers in their 30s and are doing quite well.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
What exactly is stopping these guys from going back to school and learning a skill? I know many people who changed careers in their 30s and are doing quite well.
it's a lot easier to lift weights and inject shit than studying.... It doesnt involve intelectual or emotional skills... If you never developed your emotional or intelectual intelligence or gave very few attention to it it's harder as you get older to work on it - even if possible-. It's easier to develop these when you re a child then teen then young adult. But as humans age, their learning capacities decrease and they naturally tend to focus on the things they already know (instinct of survival motivating economy of ressources and energy available).