Author Topic: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit  (Read 29719 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Prep starts today - I've reached my off-season limit
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
212 Olympia Winner Kamal Goes up to around 230lb - Starts his Prep From Now.
Gets a bit Smoother- That’s relative as he’s still in Good Condition - Just looks
Stupidly big round & Full.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »
Just watched the hamstring video you posted. Good insight man!

Had a question in the last back video, that first exercise is one I hate doing. Is that a staple movement for building back? I’ve gotten a little less hardcore even with deads now I just do the rack deads.

Where are these vids posted?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2020, 12:18:39 AM »
Coach,

Is it cold in that gym?  You wear lots of clothes and even a hat.

I thought Cali was warm.

For me it was really cold. Had the hoodie off for awhile but it got cold. Remember, Golds is a big warehouse with big bay doors.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2020, 12:21:10 AM »
Just watched the hamstring video you posted. Good insight man!

Had a question in the last back video, that first exercise is one I hate doing. Is that a staple movement for building back? I’ve gotten a little less hardcore even with deads now I just do the rack deads.

The majority of my back workouts is from rowing with one pull-up or one pulldown movement. Rack dead’s are also a staple

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2020, 03:23:38 AM »
230 at your height is massive. What do you plan on weighing on stage?

I'm dieting right now... got up to 232 which was the heaviest I've ever been. Down to 203 right now and planning to go down to 190 and will probably end up around 195 once I start eating more carbs again. Feeling so much better right now and that is at 5'11“. Currently no intentions of ever going up in weight that much. I'd be satisfied with adding another 4-5lbs of lean muscle over the next year or two and I guess I should be able to do this without going crazy on a bulk.

Have you ever tried a lean bulk? How much do you think this bulk gave you in terms of actual muscle?

You feel so much better in so many ways when not overeating and weighing less... yet I still did those crazy bulks for almost 20 years until I've realized this. It also seems that I simply don't gain that much actual muscle anyway, mostly just bloat, a bit of fat, bit of muscle..

Good luck with your prep!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
230 at your height is massive. What do you plan on weighing on stage?

I'm dieting right now... got up to 232 which was the heaviest I've ever been. Down to 203 right now and planning to go down to 190 and will probably end up around 195 once I start eating more carbs again. Feeling so much better right now and that is at 5'11“. Currently no intentions of ever going up in weight that much. I'd be satisfied with adding another 4-5lbs of lean muscle over the next year or two and I guess I should be able to do this without going crazy on a bulk.

Have you ever tried a lean bulk? How much do you think this bulk gave you in terms of actual muscle?

You feel so much better in so many ways when not overeating and weighing less... yet I still did those crazy bulks for almost 20 years until I've realized this. It also seems that I simply don't gain that much actual muscle anyway, mostly just bloat, a bit of fat, bit of muscle..

Good luck with your prep!

You mentioned your height in relation to your weight. Most people do that. Even medical charts are based on height and weight. But, isn't there more aspects involved in how much weight one can carry successfully? For example, there are three body types; ectomorph, endomorph and mezomorph? What about age related height loss due to spinal compression? I used to be 71 1/2" tall. Today, I am maybe 69 1/2". That 2" loss in torso height, changes my proportions which also could affect how much weight I can carry. The military includes one's neck measurement to help determine acceptable weight. 

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
Where are these vids posted?

I was creeping on his Instagram  :P

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2020, 10:29:36 AM »
The majority of my back workouts is from rowing with one pull-up or one pulldown movement. Rack dead’s are also a staple
Ya I should start incorporating those again. They seem relatively safe from injuries

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2020, 10:31:52 AM »
You mentioned your height in relation to your weight. Most people do that. Even medical charts are based on height and weight. But, isn't there more aspects involved in how much weight one can carry successfully? For example, there are three body types; ectomorph, endomorph and mezomorph? What about age related height loss due to spinal compression? I used to be 71 1/2" tall. Today, I am maybe 69 1/2". That 2" loss in torso height, changes my proportions which also could affect how much weight I can carry. The military includes one's neck measurement to help determine acceptable weight. 

The BMI charts as used seem to be wildly inaccurate/ not representative.
Or maybe they are saying that body weight no matter how it’s comprised of is Dangerous
To Health if it’s above there limits.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
Hey Coach is Back!

I hope you die soon bitch

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
Hey Coach is Back!

That’s not very Nice
Why would you say that ?
Why do you dislike him so ?

Personally I wish him well in all endeavours.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2020, 02:05:06 PM »

Yeah I guess you are correct, there are most likely other factors like bone structure, cardiovascular system and so on. I guess height is just the most important factor.

And of course height to weight ratio does not say anything about your body composition. You can have a higher BMI while still being healthier because you are carrying relatively more muscle mass than someone else who is just fat with lower BMI. But I do think (not 100% sure though) that there are numerous studies linking excess body weight to shorter lifespans no matter what that weight comes from and I do believe that is true ... in general everything above one's individual "perfect" weight is probably unhealthy and will shorten your life... your heart has to work much harder, you have to eat more food which needs to be digested and so on. Most people who live a very long and healthy life are pretty light.

I guess though that as long as you don't get over let's say around 12-15% bodyfat and stay natural you are probably not going to exceed your "healthy" weight anyway.

Conservative Coach

• Getbig II
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
because you are too fat to do a real dead lift.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
Hey Coach is Back!

Thanks for your awesome contribution to this forum. You offer great advice, make everyone laugh with great posts, and seem like an all around winner.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2020, 04:02:04 PM »
because you are too fat to do a real dead lift.

Thanks man, appreciate it....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3GiKjpp3hP/?igshid=16s2v8tu1xe9s

I’m still not far off from this and this was taken a couple of months ago

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2020, 05:23:12 PM »
The BMI charts as used seem to be wildly inaccurate/ not representative.
Or maybe they are saying that body weight no matter how it’s comprised of is Dangerous
To Health if it’s above there limits.

I agree with you regarding BMI not being an accurate way to determine whether someone is technically overweight. Unfortunately, it's a handy tool doctors often rely on. I laugh when I see that my BMI suggests I am overweight. There is also some truth to what you say about what we weigh, whether it be fat or lean weight, it can be a dangerous burden on our heart health. Ultimately, we like easy answers to complicated questions.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »
Yeah I guess you are correct, there are most likely other factors like bone structure, cardiovascular system and so on. I guess height is just the most important factor.

And of course height to weight ratio does not say anything about your body composition. You can have a higher BMI while still being healthier because you are carrying relatively more muscle mass than someone else who is just fat with lower BMI. But I do think (not 100% sure though) that there are numerous studies linking excess body weight to shorter lifespans no matter what that weight comes from and I do believe that is true ... in general everything above one's individual "perfect" weight is probably unhealthy and will shorten your life... your heart has to work much harder, you have to eat more food which needs to be digested and so on. Most people who live a very long and healthy life are pretty light.

I guess though that as long as you don't get over let's say around 12-15% bodyfat and stay natural you are probably not going to exceed your "healthy" weight anyway.
What you've posted here is all good stuff with which I completely agree. Of course, there will always be exceptions.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »
Hey Coach is Back!

There is always that one retard who pops in, acts like a complete asshole, and tries to ruin the board.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »
Hey Coach is Back!

What an asshole !!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2020, 07:05:59 PM »
What an asshole !!

There are quite a few of these on Getbig, unfortunately. Let's hope it was just a bad joke.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »
Thanks man, appreciate it....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3GiKjpp3hP/?igshid=16s2v8tu1xe9s

I’m still not far off from this and this was taken a couple of months ago

You like a gloriously youthful person who is so visually striking that if I saw you in person, I'd be blown away. Your features appear to be almost perfectly symmetrical and proportional. You are a white man with pale blue/green eyes and light flawless skin. You're masculine in terms of facial structure and physical build. The only flaw I see is that you are too perfect, which sometimes translates to being pretty...a term best saved for females.
Are you romantic? Are you a winner? Are you sexual?

I've met people who were so beautiful or handsome that at first that's all you saw about them. Once they started talking and you looked deeper, you were let down because you realized their good looks were all there was positive about them. They were just a beautiful storefront on an outhouse. You cannot judge a book by its cover.

For your sake, I hope you've got more going for yourelf than just how well you photographs.

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:53 PM »
What an asshole !!

It’s why he’s an unknown behind a keyboard but truth be known I’ll probably outlive him

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2020, 07:51:27 PM »
You like a gloriously youthful person who is so visually striking that if I saw you in person, I'd be blown away. Your features appear to be almost perfectly symmetrical and proportional. You are a white man with pale blue/green eyes and light flawless skin. You're masculine in terms of facial structure and physical build. The only flaw I see is that you are too perfect, which sometimes translates to being pretty...a term best saved for females.

I've met people who were so beautiful or handsome that at first that's all you saw about them. Once they started talking and you looked deeper, you were let down because you realized their good looks were all there was positive about them. They were just a beautiful storefront on an outhouse. You cannot judge a book by its cover.

For your sake, I hope you've got more going for yourelf than just how well heyou photographs.

;D

Hahahahahahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2020, 04:46:47 AM »

For your sake, I hope you've got more going for yourelf than just how well you photographs.

;D

Gay as Obama.  Yikes

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2020, 04:58:39 AM »
Hey Coach is Back!

Whose gimmick is this?