Author Topic: onlyme---question about Over the Top  (Read 34020 times)

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
Re: onlyme---question about Over the Top
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »
I think Only should answer that question on my behalf.

Well, he's probably sleeping, so why dont you field this one.
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 12:31:07 AM »
Interesting - Keith, when you do come to Los Angeles or Vegas, there are a number of people who want to say hello. I hear you will come to the Olympia!

Eventually, I will move this thread to the History Board...

Ron, how many.  If I am in shape try no more than 3 at a time.  I think I still handle 3.  ANymore than that I'll have my Muscle Mafia gang standing in the background collecting bets.  I am hoping to be in LA in July and hang around till the Olympia.  I will be going back and forth from LA, Palm Springs, Las Vegas and Huntington Beach.  We can go to lunch when I get there.

Ron, you should get a booth at the Olympia.  Just think ofthe guys you can have sit in it.  It would be the busiest booth there.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »
I don't go to sleep till about 2am or 3am.  I am working.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 12:35:07 AM »
i can never sleep before 3 for some reason.. onlyme where do you work?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 12:44:40 AM »
I work out of my house.  I have my own business called Muscle Mafia a clothing line and I help Golds Gym with their marketing and other people and companies.  I do websites to.  Nothing really fancy but nice easy to get around sites.  One of my sites just raised a $100,000 donation I was told.  It is for injured war heroes.  SO I work when I want to.  Its justthat I hardly sleep so I do allot at night.  I am designing a newsletter right now for the clothing line.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 01:50:08 AM »
Only, why don't you let the GetBiggers know about that War Heros site so that they can take a look at it and maybe help out some.

I'm sure that Jeff and the guys would appreciate it.

And ya might want to let us all know just what that site does do. It's commendable how ya did it and will give everyone another idea of who OnlyMe really is and his attempt to help others and not just argue for the sake of arguments,

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 02:13:29 AM »
I wanna find out more about Onlyme and the armwrestilng etc.  My best buddy competed in Patalooma 3 years ago and is a freak.  he came 7th in the open division.  We have watched over the top a few million times.  We are in Australia and its hard to get a good go over here unless its a samoan or mutant or somethin.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 02:31:27 AM »
Actually started in Gilardi's Bar in Petaluma about 50 miles north of the San Francisco Bay Area. Does anyone know if it is still there?

I was born and raised in the area but was too darn young to go inside, so I'd sit on the curb outside and listen to the rough-house inside.

A lot of strength stuff starts in bars it appears. In the 60's Mac Bachelor used to deliver kegs of beer to So Cal drinking establishments of the lower order and then challange any hard corp drinkers of decent size to various feats of strength.

Winners were offered  free beer but Mac was working so he couldn't drink. So no one ever got free beers that I am aware of.

I met Mac many times at the Embassy Auditorium when it was the So Cal haven for BB competitions. He was big and bald and had a fancy moustache and appeared to be the perfect gentleman.

Back then most of the beginning arm benders in that region delivered fifty pound blocks of ice to the summer cabins along the Russian River and would do feats of strength with those iron ice grippers for  of all the kids who would follow the ice trucks throughout the redwood canyons.

Show your appreciation and you'd always receive a small piece of ice to cool off with on those hot summer days.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 02:40:10 AM »
I never competed in Petaluma.  That is Wristwrestling not Armwrestling.  Big difference.  Once Petaluma lost there Wide World of Sports coverage that event went downhill.  Even back when I was competing 1st place was only $400.  But I armwrestled allot of guys that competed in that.  One very famous guy from that event was Clay Rosencrans.  He was very famous from that event.  He not only won most of the time but he always wore the "Jesus Loves You" shirts.  Had long hair and was a wild man.  I wrestled him 3 or 4 times and never lost to him.  I arm wrestled Clean Dean twice.  He beat me once and I beat him once.  He was at full height over 6'7" and weighed 660 pounds.  He was enormous.  After our match in Vegas he pissed his pants.  He had a doctor that traveled with him.  He had to be forklifted into the plane when he flew. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »
Yea, and back then he probably only had to buy one ticket? How did they seat him on that plane and did he have to wear a seat belt?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 02:50:43 AM »
Well you remember Israel had a whole row to himself.  I do remember someone telling me at one tournament he was sitting on a full size couch in the back of a flat bed when they drove up to an event he was in.

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 04:06:49 AM »
Hey everybody, I just want to let you know that I was in the movie Pumping Iron, but I was cut out of the movie and my name is not found in the credits.

Hope this makes you think more of me.

Have a nice day.... ;D

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 04:47:54 AM »
No that is my freind Ric Zumwalt.  He is dead now.  Here is me and Ric in some tournament somewhere

One of my all time favorite movies. I can't believe Bull is dead. *sigh*

We who pull know ARMWRESTLING is as American as Apple Pie. As an American I feel it should be dominated by Americans, but as we saw in the early 90's the Russians had something to say about that. My hat is off to them coming here and kicking ass as they did. And maybe waking us up to train harder... competition truly breeds Champions!

I began ARMWRESTLING in the early 70's, a result of a "dare ya". It was love at first sight/pull/pin. I had been restricted from most sports because I can not run [Asthma], but I discovered I COULD PULL MY ASS OFF!!!!! I was hooked from the beginning... as a lot of you I know understand. I believe California was the home of serious pullers. We had Petaluma [everyone made the pilgrimage, ABC coverage] with Devoto & Soberanes, we had Steve Simons W.P.A.A., behind the scenes Marvin Cohen.., and he cost me big $.. like him or not he did a lot for the sport and is still my friend, and we had Virgils garage. I understand we all have a certain place where we get our skills and where we meet our teachers... and try to better them. And we had better appreciate them and believe they are the best. Virgil Arciero was mine. And truth be known I've never beaten him.. had him going once in Petaluma but the ref interfered : [hence my rep. for losing it {unfortunately I lost it several times} came into play]. It was the semis and we had a 1-2 minute match: [seemed like bone crunching hours], the ref rearranged our left arms in the middle if the match: [not cool] and Virgil then cleaned my clock... but at least I had him sniveling! My claim to fame Virgils sniveling and beat John Brzenk! I've had some really great matches, Dean Christian-Oregon, George Hood-California, Jim Easly- Kansas, Lil. Danny Carr -East coast, Danny Stone-Alabama, Mr. Johnny Walker- Georgia, Cleave Dean [who should of stayed on top for ever if'n he took care of himself, see I still got a big mouth..] I like to set the record straight if I may, I liked and still like Cleave I just expected more of him than he was able or willing to give, he was in another dimension strength wise. And the legend Johnny Brzenk, a guy who was a pound for pound an armwrestling machine.. I do not know what his ranking is today, but for all the loud mouths in our sport [I know I'm one] I really wish you could have felt that supreme power in his prime.

ARMWRESTLING IS WHAT GAVE ME MY FILM CAREER.

Somebody thought I had some thing to give to the film. I got the Invitation to meet the producers on a film in the early 80's. It was a guys script then... the guy who did "LAND OF THE GIANTS" ... Gary Conway, he's in the credits of OVER THE TOP. He was going to make this film and we never heard another word. It was Ernie Jefferies who called me to go to this thing, thanks Ernie. It wound up in Stallones lap and he had the juice to make it go. As I said I had a small part and then a bigger part and then the lead and then I was out all together and Cleave was in the lead, and then he was out.. I think that was Stallones doing. Then the Pro-Wrestler Big John Stud was in and McMahon nixed it for John and I was back in, got a screen test with Stallone and turned it on. I was told by his people to really psyche up [I can do a good psych, ya know] and show him what a psyche was like.... but not to throw him or anything physical. so we met and shook hands, like in a match, I turned around and went quickly into a full mind blowing psyche from hell turned around screamed and charged the table, Sly pissed himself, and retreated to the bodyguards, well I knew I had blown it and was asked to go...they would call me [yaw sure], But when I got home a message said Sly wanted me for the part!!!!!! The rest ya know, that marked the end of my armwrestling pretty much. I was to challenge a new opponent Hollywood... I've done ok..... But it looks like I need to find another line/hustle for now. I've had back surgery twice, broken neck and lower back.. stayed too big too long [should make Cleave smile :]] and have to at 46 years of age regroup. Guess that’s enough for now, maybe too much or too little, you'll let me know if'n ya want to hear more?
You pullers, pull often, and try to give the sport something... cause it has given us all so much!!!!!!

THANK YOU

Big Rick ZumWalt

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 05:45:31 AM »
Hey everybody, I just want to let you know that I was in the movie Pumping Iron, but I was cut out of the movie and my name is not found in the credits.

Hope this makes you think more of me.

Have a nice day.... ;D

Really show some pics of you during the shooting.  Just as we thought. :)  That's what different between you and me, you talk out of your ass with nothing and I have and articles and can give in detail allot of things about the shoot and gives names that you can simply call and ask.  See that is the difference.  By the way you looked great in Pumping Ron

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
Really show some pics of you during the shooting.  Just as we thought. :)  That's what different between you and me, you talk out of your ass with nothing and I have and articles and can give in detail allot of things about the shoot and gives names that you can simply call and ask.  See that is the difference.  By the way you looked great in Pumping Ron

Hey Keith, You got me. I wasn't in Pumping Iron.

Ok, serious question now: I want to start a bodybuilding clothing line and I figure I'll start with a website. I got some pictures of girls wearing plain black t-shirts and plain black panties. Can you help me photoshop a logo onto the pictures so it looks like they are wearing my brand? I heard you were really good at photoshopping logos...

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 09:34:39 AM »
Hey Keith, You got me. I wasn't in Pumping Iron.

Ok, serious question now: I want to start a bodybuilding clothing line and I figure I'll start with a website. I got some pictures of girls wearing plain black t-shirts and plain black panties. Can you help me photoshop a logo onto the pictures so it looks like they are wearing my brand? I heard you were really good at photoshopping logos...

You're an arse ;)
Team Efferding

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »
why are you bustin' on Keith. He is trying to make an honest living, has done more in his life so far than many here have and writes some funny as all heck posts.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »
sculpture prefers the monotony of "m_eltdown", "you're gay", "owned" and "dwarf" posts.

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 11:13:18 AM »
Keith,

Who is stuntmovie and why is he calling you out?
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »
Keith,

Who is stuntmovie and why is he calling you out?

I have known him since 1990.  He is a good friend and just playing. In fact he is taking an 11 day cruise to San Francisco from Honolulu next week and will be stopping off here for lunch.  Haven't seen in him in about 2 years.

Cleve Dean was never serious a canidate for the Bull Hurley part.  At 600+ pounds they thought it would be very unbelievable if Sly won.  And it wasn't the WWF that didn't Big John toplay the part.  He personally called me to congratulate me and told me the exact reason.  My announcement was not made public cause after the first meeting of the minds is when Bridgette stepped in.  I remembere the first time I ever meet Sly.  I walked into the office at Gower Studios (if I remember right, it was were they filmed Gone with the Wind) and I opened the door to Marvins office there and there was a table with allot of pictures on it.  I walk in and a guy was sitting with his back to the door at the table and he stood up and it was Sly.  He looked at me and said How you doing Keith.  I froze like a deer in the headlights.  I didn't know what to say.  I think all I said was Hi.  I remember getting in my car and calling everyone I knew I met Stallone. 

I do remember when I was told Ric got the part I was a little pissed but didn't think about the things that were going to come to him afterwards.  He had a great look to him and did great for his first job.  As it was mine.  Except the day I was to leave for Vegas to shoot I got a call from my agent and he had me go in and read for an Apple Compuetr commercial.  I thought it was a waste of time.  But it wasn't.  2 weeks later he called and said I got it.  It was a huge National commerical that debuted in the first game of the 1987 World Series. Ric was a really nice guy.  I didn't see him much except for some readings we would do together.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28:22 PM »
Onlyme, I remember you telling me something in regards to me being in a Stallone body change contest a while back that I have the wrong role model and that he was kinda of an ass.  I'd really like to believe he's not, but you've met him, what's he like?  Did you talk to him very much?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 06:17:33 PM »
  I arm wrestled Clean Dean twice.  He beat me once and I beat him once.  He was at full height over 6'7" and weighed 660 pounds.  He was enormous.  After our match in Vegas he pissed his pants.  He had a doctor that traveled with him.  He had to be forklifted into the plane when he flew. 

Thats fucking awesome! ahahahah.
The House that Ruth built

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 06:24:59 PM »
I love these old time armwrestling stories.. More, more more. ....... please. Onlyme this means you!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
If you added up all the times I spoke to him in minutes it might add up to 20 or so.  Not allot of communication cause I was not a fan after losing that role.  Also Judy Friedman at the time was Head Public Relations for Cannon Films.  Whenver I competed I wore a hat and I turned it around most of the time.  Well when my sponsor decided not to be involved with the movie they found another sponsor.  The hat he wears in the movie and how he turns it around is exactly what I did when I competed.  I was interviewed once on why I did that for a paper.  And I said basically what he says in the movie.  I remember I was in her office with a very famous writer who  can't remember his name but he wrote Dead men wear Black or somthing like that.  Anyway she told me that Sly was using my hat turnarond in the movie.  She said Keith you should sue him for taking your trademark move.  I swear to god this happen.

Other than the movie experience the phot below is us at the Boxing at the forum.  A little girl came up to SLy and asked him for his autograph.  He ignored her the first few times then he finally looked down at her and pushed her off to the side and said NO I am watching the fight.  She was so cute and asked him by saying Mr. Rocky can Ihave your autograph.  She was maybe 6 or so.  Anyway I was rigth next to him.  She started crying and I watched her run to her dad who was being held by the security guards around us.  I could read her lips when she told her dad he said no.  This guy went crazy and started yelling at Sly calling asshole fucker pussy andeverything else.  That is when I really didn't like him.  Also when he tips he literally will ask someone what 15% of whatever the bill is.  I'm sure thats not what he does all the time but at least when I was with him then he did.

Now CHuck Norris is the exact opposite.  He will sign autographs forever.  I remeber at the boxing too he was siging so many.  He grabbed me and said I gotta get out of here.  We were at lunch once with Bill Superfoot Wallace, Bob Wall, Benny Urquidez, Howard Jackson and a few others.  We get t this restaurant after training tohave a late breakfast.  We sit down and Chuck asks for the breakfast menu.  It was 10:10 or so.  The girl says I'm sorry sir but we aren't serving breakfast anymore.  Chuck says what time it is and she said we stop at 10:00.  I then said are you kidding it is only 10 minutes and do you know who this is.  So she goes and gets her manager.  Now we already had water served to us and coffee.  So the manager comes over and shakes Chucks hand and explains why no more breakfast.  CHuck then says to the guy, well you know my friend is going to get really pissed off and you dn't want to piss him off and he grabs me.  SO the guy says sorry.  SO CHuck says thats okay we'll leave and we get up and leave.  Well in theparking lot a bunch of people from Canada come running up t get CHucks autograph.  He says to me Keith I'm not in the mood.  So I kind of get in front of these people but they kept saying where they were from and he was their bggest heor.  Well finally he stopped and signed theres and then abuot 10 more people came up and finallyy we got to leave.  I can't remember where we went.  But Chuck is by far one of the nicest guys around.

Wow I had a pic of me and Sly but can't find it.  I will find it and post it, later

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 02:47:42 AM »
Keith, if you don't mind me asking what do you do now as your primary source of income, still acting?
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul