Author Topic: Do you care at all about a big deadlifted in your gym?  (Read 10161 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Do you care at all about a big deadlifted in your gym?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »
Considering that the overwhelming majority of gym goers (yes, gym goers, not the average man on the street) the world over cannot even come close to pulling such a poundage off the floor, yes, 455 is a heavy lift.

Pull your head out of your ass.
Guess that makes me super special then.  ::)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »
Nope. Started a thread on here a while back asking if I was the only one that thought it was a useless exercise. Of course  lemmings defended it, but I don't think a big deadlift is representative of anything other than a big deadlift. The strength doesn't carry over to other exercises even though it is allegedly the granddaddy of all strength movements. It doesn't improve my squat, though an improved squat does improve my deadlift. It doesn't improve my barbell rows, though improved rows raise my deadlift.  More than any other  power exercise, it just seems like if you do it enough you will end up with a decent lift. More than any other exercise, it seems you can do decent numbers on dl without it showing up in your physique.
i think the value of the deadlift is the ability for people to know how to pick something up without getting hurt

w

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »
I dead 135 7 sets 10-15 reps helps my squats......nm.   I do them between squat sets, also helps with lower back soreness

Any heavier feels awkward, I do it on a 8" platform so I hyperextend downwards

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
To you folks that deadlift heavy no one wants to hear you fucking screaming and slamming the weights
w

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »
i think the value of the deadlift is the ability for people to know how to pick something up without getting hurt

So who picks up anything over 100-200lbs anyway? So a 225 deadlift should do it for life health.
?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »
Too many assholes have`nt a fucking clue how to pull.

You "have'nt" a clue how to spell haven't.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 10:13:40 AM »
I don't care whether people lift less/more than myself. Though I notice I'm in the head of quite a few at the gym I go too.

To, too and two.

Look into it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2016, 10:14:35 AM »
To you folks that deadlift heavy no one wants to hear you fucking screaming and slamming the weights
I lift at home so it doesn't matter, however, I pretend there is a glass panel under the weights and "touch glass" whenever I deadlift instead of shattering it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
... when your 12----"You want me to ride a tricycle?!...the fuck is wrong with you?!"

You and you are (you're).

Look into it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Guess that makes me super special then.  ::)

The numbers you post INDEED makes you "super special".

You're a wicked strong guy.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
I go to a commercial gym and there aren't many guys who deadlift there. The ones that do, tend to work with around 135lbs to 315lbs.
Depending on the individuals size, 400lbs and over usually equals a respectable deadlift IMO. It may not be much in powerlifting terms, but the vast majority of gym goers couldn't manage it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »
The numbers you post INDEED makes you "super special".

You're a wicked strong guy.
But then you see someone like that Johnny Candito and you realize, "There is more work to be done!"

Kid is a natural though and has everything down perfect for that lift.  Very impressive.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:05 AM »
we are all very "why is everyone looking at me?" during certain years of your life

nobody is looking at you....they are too taken with there own shit

Everyone is looking - people stare, its human nature.

Attractive human beings are the most interesting visual targets on earth.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 10:30:32 AM »
I train in a commercial gym near Paris, full of arab and hebrew. Most of them playing gangsta style.
Some of them are high level motormouth. They also pretend to be hardcore, like benching 225 for 2 reps.

Last time the gym was full of them. I deadlifted 350lbs for 15 reps like nothing, with dead stop at every rep. That's far away from my best but the gym stayed quiet for at least 10 minute after that.
asstropin

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »
"Gym" Thresholds seem to be

Deadlift-anything over 400 lbs.

Squat-anything over 315 ATG proper form

Bench-315 or over

I would say this is about right and if a lifetime natural can do those lifts, they are "elite" in some respects.  I rarely even see roiders doing any of those "basic" poundages.

Simple Simon

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
I lift at home so it doesn't matter, however, I pretend there is a glass panel under the weights and "touch glass" whenever I deadlift instead of shattering it.

I have known people "touch cloth" when deadlifting, never glass.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2016, 11:03:39 AM »
Squat-anything over 315 ATG proper form

Bench-315 or over

I would say this is about right and if a lifetime natural can do those lifts, they are "elite" in some respects.  I rarely even see roiders doing any of those "basic" poundages.

Any 'average' man could work up to those numbers in a reasonable amount of time without steroids. Not 'elite' at all.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2016, 11:14:00 AM »
Any 'average' man could work up to those numbers in a reasonable amount of time without steroids. Not 'elite' at all.
::)

315 Bench Press as a lifetime natural is very rare.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2016, 11:17:23 AM »
A full ROM bench press @ 315 is actually rare for the natural lifter, especially ones that aren't obese.
a

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2016, 11:21:18 AM »
After more than 20 years of hard deadlifting it still excites me. No one else cares but I feel great if I manage to add 5 more pounds to my max after all this time. Tells me I'm not regressing physically at least. Unfortunately gains can take a year or two to manifest at this point :D

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:49 AM »
A full ROM bench press @ 315 is actually rare for the natural lifter, especially ones that aren't obese.

315 Bench Press as a lifetime natural is very rare.

Any healthy, structurally sound man could work up to a 315 bench if he so desired.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »
I'm sure no one cares, but the title was supposed to be do you care at all about a big DEADLIFTER in your gym, not a deadlifted.  I saw it almost immediately and was going to change it, but the current title has much more meathead factor to it so I'm keeping it that way.

Also, as far as not "knowing how to pull," what's to know, pick the damn bar up and set it back down.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »
Exactly.  Its incredibly rare for a non-obese lifetime natural to bench 315 correctly.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
Nope. Started a thread on here a while back asking if I was the only one that thought it was a useless exercise. Of course  lemmings defended it, but I don't think a big deadlift is representative of anything other than a big deadlift. The strength doesn't carry over to other exercises even though it is allegedly the granddaddy of all strength movements. It doesn't improve my squat, though an improved squat does improve my deadlift. It doesn't improve my barbell rows, though improved rows raise my deadlift.  More than any other  power exercise, it just seems like if you do it enough you will end up with a decent lift. More than any other exercise, it seems you can do decent numbers on dl without it showing up in your physique.

if you do the deadlift last it's not going to go anywhere because you're already exhausted. Sorry you don't have the heart of a champion. best of luck with your training.
"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »

Also, as far as not "knowing how to pull," what's to know, pick the damn bar up and set it back down.

The main "problem" guys have is hitching when it gets heavy and it irritates me when I see it. I did it when I first started out but now I can't lift more weight by hitching.
Lots of strongmen hitch as there is no rule against it there but it doesn't help my poundages anymore.