Author Topic: Coronavirus - Los Angele - Mayor Orders all Gyms Closed: Is Gold's Included?  (Read 7556 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Anyone seeing any effects?

More people, less people?  

Same old regulars?

It draws from all over the world, i.e. The Mecca.

(Update - Gold's Gym Venice is now closed for at least two weeks until the end of March)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Re: Any Corona Virus Updates from Gold's Gym Venice?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »
Was packed the other day. Tons of international competitors that did shows and exhibitions all over the world. Probably one of the worst places to be and bodybuilders certainly put their training above the virus so its bound to break out there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 06:29:20 PM »

Same old regulars?

I was there about 12:30 today. Not as many people as usual but no one is freaking out over it....as a matter of fact we laughing about how stupid the over hype was

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
Was packed the other day. Tons of international competitors that did shows and exhibitions all over the world. Probably one of the worst places to be and bodybuilders certainly put their training above the virus so its bound to break out there.

Were you putting your training above the virus or were you just stopping in to report for Getbig?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 06:58:45 PM »

Same old regulars?

Someone saw The Corona Virus entering  Gold's at 12:30 today , it looked something  like this .

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 07:44:46 PM »
I was there about 12:30 today. Not as many people as usual but no one is freaking out over it....as a matter of fact we laughing about how stupid the over hype was

Good to hear!
a

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »
Good to hear!

I remember back in 92 during the Rodney King riots.  It was still packed despite nightly curfew for a couple of days. Many extra fanny packs being worn.

Precontest training during a time of civil unrest.  Shredded waits for no man. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »
More than a few fanny packs were turned into the front desk, and boy those fanny packs felt heavy. We always looked inside... 9mm, .38, big ol' .44, and everything in between.
a

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 12:13:58 AM »
Were you putting your training above the virus or were you just stopping in to report for Getbig?
Hmm. Good question. I'm just a recreational bodybuilder but I think Gold's always goes by it's own rules. You have plenty of people risking their health anyway to achieve ridiculous physiques so Corona won't matter to them. It might hit bodybuilders hard though because many get compromised immune systems during prep. Several bodybuilders like Ferigno got bad pneumonia and shit prepping for shows.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
Hmm. Good question. I'm just a recreational bodybuilder but I think Gold's always goes by it's own rules. You have plenty of people risking their health anyway to achieve ridiculous physiques so Corona won't matter to them. It might hit bodybuilders hard though because many get compromised immune systems during prep. Several bodybuilders like Ferigno got bad pneumonia and shit prepping for shows.

Bbers will die for us bitches!

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 03:29:16 AM »

Let's hope tren kills corona.... Or one of the other twenty drugs used during prep.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
I remember back in 92 during the Rodney King riots.  It was still packed despite nightly curfew for a couple of days. Many extra fanny packs being worn.

Precontest training during a time of civil unrest.  Shredded waits for no man. 

great post :)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
Someone saw The Corona Virus entering  Gold's at 12:30 today , it looked something  like this .               dude looks constipated hope he's feeling better. ;D

F

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »
Why are people in the gym right now?? Look we're all going to catch this thing eventually, but why sign up for it? Stay home, watch pumping iron for the 38th time. Morons

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »
was supposed to be coming through LA today was hoping to get a weeks training in, but travel got cancelled last minute, scheduled to come through again in June, don't think it will be over by then.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
LA Mayor Orders Gyms closed @Midnite:Corona Update from Gold's Gym Venice?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:45 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-03-15/coronavirus-close-los-angeles-restaurants

Los Angeles bars and nightclubs will close and restaurants must halt dine-in service, limiting their business to takeout, as part of the city’s efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Sunday night.

Movie theaters, gyms and fitness centers will be closed, Garcetti said in a video news conference. Grocery stores, pharmacies and food banks will remain open.

The order goes into effect midnight Sunday and extends until March 31.

“I encourage all Angelenos to help support these critical small businesses — the restaurants we love in our neighborhoods — by continuing to order from them or getting takeout or delivery,” Garcetti said.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
LA Mayor Orders all Gyms Closed: Is Gold's Included?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 09:45:52 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-03-15/coronavirus-close-los-angeles-restaurants

Los Angeles bars and nightclubs will close and restaurants must halt dine-in service, limiting their business to takeout, as part of the city’s efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Sunday night.

Movie theaters, gyms and fitness centers will be closed, Garcetti said in a video news conference. Grocery stores, pharmacies and food banks will remain open.

The order goes into effect midnight Sunday and extends until March 31.

“I encourage all Angelenos to help support these critical small businesses — the restaurants we love in our neighborhoods — by continuing to order from them or getting takeout or delivery,” Garcetti said.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: LA Mayor Orders all Gyms Closed: Is Gold's Included?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 11:28:16 PM »
Yes..it’ll be closed starting tomorrow until further notice 😡

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 12:20:57 AM »
I asked the counter person tonight if they (american barbell which used to be Golds on bernal road) were going to shut down he said they have no plans to.

I have a backup facility on hand which i know for a fact will be accessible to me for however long i need and ill simply move the equipmemt to my garage if i have to.

Stupid media blowing this stupid virus way out of proportion with innacurate data. Someones head needs to roll over all this hysteria that the media is unjuustly causing. They (the media) are no serving the people they are hyping the whole thing for ratings and has been a problem for a long time.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 02:21:21 AM »
Oh no!! What are bbers going to do in CA? Especially guys like O Hearn and Calum  :o

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:58 AM »
Since CA is a shit hole anyways they should order everyone to be locked up and can’t leave the house until the beginning of May! That would be hilarious  :D ;D

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 02:36:00 AM »
And all COOL getbiggers who were so bad ass saying they will go to the gym as normal and this is nothing to worry about

what are they going to do now?? Your gym is next pal

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:57 AM »
Already bought my HelloKitty dumbbell set - huge indoor gains ahead.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 03:12:08 AM »
And all COOL getbiggers who were so bad ass saying they will go to the gym as normal and this is nothing to worry about

what are they going to do now?? Your gym is next pal

Damn, you sound like an angry old woman now 😂

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 03:16:23 AM »
Damn, you sound like an angry old woman now 😂

Shut up beta male.

Go and cry about "gimmicks gimmicks  :'( :'( :'( :'" somewhere