Author Topic: Upper Body Only  (Read 12599 times)

1970WILDCAT

• Getbig I
Upper Body Only
« on: October 21, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »
I joined a nearby gym over the summer and have become addicted to the weights. I love training my whole body with different exercises. Every week brings new rewards and new challenges. Lately though, I have noticed a lot of people who only train their upper bodies. I know for some people with injuries or such, this is their only option.  But most of them are healthy and just do not train their lower body.  To me, this is definitely not the way to go.  Who cares if you have a huge chest and massive arms, when you walk around on toothpick legs. What's everyones opinion on this? Just wondering.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Upper Body Only
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »
STFU

Noob.
follow the arrows

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:36 PM »
Simpsons did it

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:30:57 PM »
haha you must be an awesome iron warrior to train legs  ::)
Suck it up!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »
Better to have a big upper body and a small lower body than having a whole small body.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 07:49:12 PM »
I joined a nearby gym over the summer and have become addicted to the weights. I love training my whole body with different exercises. Every week brings new rewards and new challenges. Lately though, I have noticed a lot of people who only train their upper bodies. I know for some people with injuries or such, this is their only option.  But most of them are healthy and just do not train their lower body.  To me, this is definitely not the way to go.  Who cares if you have a huge chest and massive arms, when you walk around on toothpick legs. What's everyones opinion on this? Just wondering.
Theres an older guy in my gym who in his mid 50s huge guns chest back and the most rediculous part is he wheres a tight fitting shirts and has the smallest legs and he does not hide them by wearing baggy trousers but tight jeans,i think to myself what a waste.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 07:51:56 PM »
Better to have a big upper body and a small lower body than having a whole small body.

Cant argue that

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 08:48:18 PM »
Just train your legs, unless you have polio or no legs.
a

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 10:29:51 PM »
shawn ray said sumfin along the lines of..."...best part about legs is you find out whos got heart and who doesnt..."

sumfin like that... ;D

luv the guys that wear vests to the gym with shite shape and never train legs...oh ..and they always try to lift the heaviest weight possible with shite form ,,well sumtimes not too bad but if they just lowered the weight a bit theyd get it......ahhhh :-\ :-\ :-\

u know sumone means business when they've got calves  ;)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
i would love to see someone that only trained foreams and delts and calves for 4 hours perday everyday!!!
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »

I hear ya man.

It takes guts to go balls out on leg day. The puking, the pain, the falling over. That's why most pussies won't do them. And the ones who pretend, only hit the extensions.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 01:31:09 PM »
STFU

Noob.
translation= he just described you to a T.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »
Matter of fact, I got to do legs today..........in about 30 minutes.....

Fucking dreading it...............

Oh well, just another day.......
HAHA, RON.....

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »
A lot of guys just want the bar body...look good in a polo and jeans.  I see plenty of guys like that at my gym; the only thing is when it gets ridiculous.  There are a few guys w/ pretty good upper bodies and next to no leg development. :(

Personally, I used to hit legs really hard, but I've blown out 1 ACL and both MCL's and meniscus.  My leg workouts now are very light maintainance just to keep some of my original size.  Once you get it, it's not too hard to keep, but I always feel self-conscious when I do these light ass workouts.  I want to turn around and tell people "I used to squat 500 lbs.  No,seriously..." ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 02:28:24 PM »
If you wanna be a half ass trainer then just train upper body.  I see tons of em at my gym.  Legs take hard work and way too many people don't know what that means.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 02:32:14 PM »
If you wanna be a half ass trainer then just train upper body.  I see tons of em at my gym.  Legs take hard work and way too many people don't know what that means.
That's because you train at LIFETIME FITNESS.
?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 02:36:50 PM »
That's because you train at LIFETIME FITNESS.

haha  My god..  Any gym with the word fitness in the title is taylor made for wussies..

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »

I concur. Luv2hurt trains at one of the biggest corporate chain 'fitness spas' in the Chicagoland area. It sux! I walked in one of them once and saw a child care room, hair/nails salon, massage therepy room, rock climbing and adult contemporary music playing very softly.

I turned around and walked right the fawk out...my nipples felt very sore and swollen for two days afterwards...I think just the sight of that place made my estrogen levels skyrocket.
?

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 02:46:34 PM »
"...best part about legs is you find out whos got heart and who doesnt..."

u know sumone means business when they've got calves

Two awesome lines!!!  So true...
Motherboy (the band).

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 06:14:53 PM »
Since i started school and wid my busy ass schedule, I joined 24hr fitness sport.  I also go to Gold's Gym where everybody worksout their legs there.  At 24hr, I get all the leg exercise machine/racks all to myself on leg days cuz not alot of people do legs at 24hr, esp where i go.  I find a routine at 24hr also, MOndays, everybody and their momma does chest... that leaves others free to do legs.

Peace.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »
I concur. Luv2hurt trains at one of the biggest corporate chain 'fitness spas' in the Chicagoland area. It sux! I walked in one of them once and saw a child care room, hair/nails salon, massage therepy room, rock climbing and adult contemporary music playing very softly.

I turned around and walked right the fawk out...my nipples felt very sore and swollen for two days afterwards...I think just the sight of that place made my estrogen levels skyrocket.

lol....classic
Here comes the money shot

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 07:01:15 PM »

don't hate on the lifetime!  Don't forget we have a racquetball court and a pita bar!!!

Old Orchard Shopping Center 4 life!
Deep Tissue Massage

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »

G Im disapointed in you, you got it wrong I dont train at Lifetime, nice try though but your slipping.  ;)  

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 02:22:47 AM »
I have heard so many excuses from people about why they don't train legs, it's hilarious and sad at times ;D I personally dread leg day but once I get started it becomes one of my favorite workouts of the week.
I

fang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 02:40:31 AM »
I have heard so many excuses from people about why they don't train legs, it's hilarious and sad at times Grin I personally dread leg day but once I get started it becomes one of my favorite workouts of the week.

tank top bodybuilders are like plague in my gym.. i'm happy that way though, i hardly have to wait for the squat rack.