Author Topic: Dog House?  (Read 17412 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Dog House?
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »
Anyone actually given their pooch a dog house?  I have a fenced yard and shaded areas under a tree, but my pooch loves her indoor crate when she is inside. I am thinking she would like an outside dog house too.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Dog House?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
Without a doubt dogs like a shelter on the outside...My dogs always had a shelter outside.

It's handy to have one with a roof you can lift off so you can do "Housekeeping"...And a dog mattress as well.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
Dogs have a den instinct.  If you don't want the dog to sleep with you, provide it a "den."
Despite the hyperbole, these work.  I built one of these out of a dog crate.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
And finally, pets in pairs are much less neurotic.  I always have had cats with dogs.
  They always loved each other...not that there is anything wrong with that...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »
She has a "bed" in my office.  She is supposed to sit there and chew on her toys/bones, but she frequently pees in the bed--even after she has already gone outside. I am getting sick of it!  It's not a lot of pee cause she has already gone... but she will stoop down and pee just a little.. just enough to annoy me and cause the bed to stink!  Naughty girl!  >:(

I don't want her bed covered in pee and I don't want to spend my time hosing it down every week.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 12:21:51 AM »
She has a "bed" in my office.  She is supposed to sit there and chew on her toys/bones, but she frequently pees in the bed--even after she has already gone outside. I am getting sick of it!  It's not a lot of pee cause she has already gone... but she will stoop down and pee just a little.. just enough to annoy me and cause the bed to stink!  Naughty girl!  >:(

I don't want her bed covered in pee and I don't want to spend my time hosing it down every week.

Right...you exploit the dog's den instinct...You space the bed in the crate just large enough for the dog to curl up in...but he can get into the potty side anytime...The dog's instinct is to not potty in the den..go potty on the larger sized side...for the first few weeks he sleeps confined in the crate, hopefully sleeping in the smaller side and pooping on the poop side...after a while the second nature for the animal is to go into the poop side to shit...make this thing his permanent inside toilet.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »
 ;D
F