Author Topic: Arlovski v. Eilers and Hughes v. Trigg  (Read 692 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Arlovski v. Eilers and Hughes v. Trigg
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »
This has nothing to do with anything, but I recently saw some old UFC's--  The greatest comback I have ever seen was hughes against trigg, after being kicked in the groin and pounded, picking him trigg up while being choked and running the length of the cage and slamming him, then submitting him a minute later. The fight happened in 05 i believe, but damn, Hughes is a tough sob.

The Arlovski fight was comical to watch- I had never seen him fight in the UFC- only saw his fights in Affliction. I dont know if the cage makes people look bigger or what, but he made Eilers look like an absolute dwarf. Also, his striking is outstanding. I dont know if its because Eilers was so outmatched in striking or what, but he looked very impressive. The fight got stopped in the first round by TKO after Eiliers was pounded out after appearing to slip and injure his leg. The Eilers fight was 3+ years ago and im sure he has improved since then. While I still think Fedor wins, I really think he has a punchers chance.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Arlovski v. Eilers and Hughes v. Trigg
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
hughes relied on natural talent most of his career,and yes i do agree hes a tough guy but the reason he hasnt been doing well lately is cause now you got guys like gsp and thiago alves who have natural talent also,the main difference is these new guys are hungry and train like men possesed.i remember my buddy went to train with the militech team for 2 weeks,he wanted to see hughes since he was a fan of hughes,pat said something like hughes trains 2 weeks or so before a fight and thats it,he hates to train and on top of that hes very rude to alot of fans.hughes is just gonna be used as a gatekeeper from now on in my opinion.besides his big slams every so often he is kinda boring imo
R