Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated  (Read 132741 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2019, 09:02:44 PM »
mother nature is undefeated in mans attempts to stay young, if you are in your forties and above youd do well to remember this if you are injecting anything.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2019, 09:20:56 PM »
Wonder what will be done with the calf implant in the amputated limb?

Goes inside a case to sell to the highest bidder schmoe

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
Black toenail is not a good sign...

The other foot also possibly losing circulation if that's not nail polish.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2019, 10:12:58 PM »
Goes inside a case to sell to the highest bidder schmoe

It will probably end up in the Mayor of Bodybuilding's ass.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2019, 12:55:07 AM »
So, it was the synthol?

I’m starting to think that it was multiple factors that led to this

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2019, 02:05:43 AM »
Stop talking about the synthol ffs retards. It was the kidney disease.

In this pic of Flex, his calves have atrophied to an extreme degree. It's like it's no longer there. This is not caused by CKD. CKD caused circulation issues and effects the extremities like the lower legs and eyes. It's a long process taking years but you see it developing/decaying before your eyes if not treated. As your lower legs gets deprived of blood and therefore oxygen and nutrients its starts to die. It doesn't shrink but it swells up, starts to break out into pockets of puss-filled sores, and necrosis starts to set in until that part of your leg is dead and has to be amputated.

Again, this takes years if left untreated. Flex got a kidney transplant and he was under the care of a doctor. We won't know for sure until we get more info but it seems like
the calcification theory is more probable.

I work with type two diabetics and see a lot of cases of advance stage necrosis on those whose kidneys have failed and in the second picture, this is what it looks like.
The lady here is actually a White woman and her leg is so rotted you can literally smell the decaying flesh.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2019, 03:04:56 AM »
I'm not entirely sure that the site is GB.  There has to be a site that was talking about this before us because this thread started with someone putting together a particularly trolly article.

EDIT: oh right.. matt.. you rascal

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2019, 03:26:24 AM »
I'm not entirely sure that the site is GB.  There has to be a site that was talking about this before us because this thread started with someone putting together a particularly trolly article.

EDIT: oh right.. matt.. you rascal

Is there another site like GetBig ?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2019, 03:31:15 AM »
mother nature is undefeated in mans attempts to stay young, if you are in your forties and above youd do well to remember this if you are injecting anything.
It worked out well for Rich Piana......oh wait.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2019, 03:43:21 AM »
Is there another site like GetBig ?

I never thought they were talking about getbig when I first heard that mentioned. 

I hardly think this site is "like getbig" any more anyway.  If this were 2006, the hate would have been incredible.

By 2019 standards, it probably is this site, but that's because we're moving into an age where everybody is a special snowflake.  Some of that is good and some of it is insanely bad (because it isn't always about people being more civil, it's often about people shifting their personality problems into being dicks to anybody who they think they can cast as a hater - e.g Rhonda rousey is a transphobic because she doesnt' think a transitioned female should compete with males ::)).

You won't catch me making any hateful comments to the Flex, but I have to say, I've always considered people who have large amounts of synthol in them as people who are making weightlifters in general look like dickheads.  Doesn't deserve to lose a leg for it, though.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2019, 04:48:31 AM »
In this pic of Flex, his calves have atrophied to an extreme degree. It's like it's no longer there. This is not caused by CKD. CKD caused circulation issues and effects the extremities like the lower legs and eyes. It's a long process taking years but you see it developing/decaying before your eyes if not treated. As your lower legs gets deprived of blood and therefore oxygen and nutrients its starts to die. It doesn't shrink but it swells up, starts to break out into pockets of puss-filled sores, and necrosis starts to set in until that part of your leg is dead and has to be amputated.

Again, this takes years if left untreated. Flex got a kidney transplant and he was under the care of a doctor. We won't know for sure until we get more info but it seems like

I work with type two diabetics and see a lot of cases of advance stage necrosis on those whose kidneys have failed and in the second picture, this is what it looks like.
The lady here is actually a White woman and her leg is so rotted you can literally smell the decaying flesh.

The right calf looks healthier in that picture. More muscles(but maybe he put some oil in it..). So pretty strange that it's the right one that got amputated.

Let's hope he doesn't have to amputate his arms aswell now then

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2019, 05:26:39 AM »
The right calf looks healthier in that picture. More muscles(but maybe he put some oil in it..). So pretty strange that it's the right one that got amputated.

Let's hope he doesn't have to amputate his arms aswell now then

If that happens that’ll be a sight to see, both arms gone, one leg already gone, it’ll be up for a circus show  :-\

So, who actually has it good or worse, depending on how you look at it? Ronnie or flex?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2019, 05:52:33 AM »
Black toenail is not a good sign...

Exactly ! and toenail has been  being black for years .  I jusy can't believe he made the comeback with all those  serious health issues ( judging by the pic)

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2019, 06:41:43 AM »
This subject is getting way out of proportion.
In African countries flooded with landmines manufactured in peacefull european countries, men play soccer with no legs.
And nobody makes a big deal out of it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2019, 06:48:33 AM »
In African countries flooded with landmines manufactured in peacefull european countries, men play soccer with no legs.

Flex will get an artificial leg and no one will even notice.

Big Tex C*ckburn, PhD

• Getbig II
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2019, 06:52:12 AM »

'If we had a section for dumbest and most insensitive post of the month, this would be it. If you’ve ever had a friend, relative or otherwise lose a limb just the psychological effect is a mind fuck in itself.'

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2019, 07:08:58 AM »

very impressed by your Knowledge bro. BJJ, spider legs, amputated legs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
Wonder what will be done with the calf implant in the amputated limb?

Were you hoping to use it?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:59 AM »
Necrosis is caused by a lack of blood and oxygen to the tissue. It may be triggered by chemicals, cold, trauma, radiation or chronic conditions that impair blood flow. ... Infection can destroy surrounding tissues until they become necrotic, as can trauma like a car accident or fall from a ladder.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-necrotic-tissue-3157120

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »
From Flex Wheeler 

"I would like to thank all of my fans and bodybuilding colleagues for your prayers and support during this difficult time for me and my family. My surgery was required due to escalating circulation difficulties in my right leg that had become life threatening. I am resting comfortably now and have begun my rehabilitation.

I would like to thank my superb medical team for my treatment and care. Any and all interviews and or articles relating to my medical condition, procedure(s) and/or current status is speculation and UNAUTHORIZED!!! I will keep all of you updated on my progress, via my social media outlets, with "OFFICIAL" FLEX Wheeler updates.

officialflexwheeler

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4BLKaRFICM/?utm_source=ig_embed
Las Vegas, Nevada

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2019, 12:54:56 PM »
Necrosis is caused by a lack of blood and oxygen to the tissue. It may be triggered by chemicals, cold, trauma, radiation or chronic conditions that impair blood flow. ... Infection can destroy surrounding tissues until they become necrotic, as can trauma like a car accident or fall from a ladder.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-necrotic-tissue-3157120

Slayer did a song on this

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2019, 01:43:16 PM »
He has been dealing with health issues since  1993 the so called " 0 % BF' Arnold Classic win " those diuretics did him well .....   Although he never admitted the heavy drug abuse he was under, since 1989 on/  he did report health issues in 95' and 96' then by early 2000's he was already  on dialysis he had 2 health scares regarding kidney transplant ...shortly after against all medical advices  he went back to competition … later he became the ' Natural freak " pushing some kind of new creatine ,his new sneakers etc …. and while at it ; messing once again with oil and who knows what garbage to look 'pumped' then he did a YouTube series Flex at 50's"  again ! he started messing with toxic substances ….until Levroneeeee comeback messed him up even further so he announced his own comeback …..

Bottom line since 1989 those are 30 years damaging his organs and he still here with us !!!!! ….. so weird stuff are happening to him now, and I'm afraid the other leg is in danger judging by nail....  he might even die soon …

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »
The black toenail looks like old nail polish. You can see a white band under it indicating fresh toenail growth.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
very impressed by your Knowledge bro. BJJ, spider legs, amputated legs.

Ah, the sad, lonely, little man still following me around trying to repair the brutal owning I gave you.

It's amazing what one can learn in this world once they get the ambition to leave his mom's basement and get out into the world and do something meaningful with your pathetic life.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »
I said years ago that Caprylic acid (Octanoic acid) is a corrosive and has a PH value of 4 and eats away at muscle tissue. They used to put lidocaine in with it but it's not the shot that hurts, it's the breakdown. It was always the next day that you were sore. I know a few guys who look like they lost a body part because of this shit.

I don't even know if  corrosive is the worst part. The worst it blocks blood from reaching tissue. I also speculate some of it circulates in the blood affecting organs like the kidneys that are trying to filter it out.