Author Topic: STFU Curt Schilling (for calling out Roger Clemens)  (Read 6616 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
STFU Curt Schilling (for calling out Roger Clemens)
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

Curt Schilling wants Roger Clemens to prove he *didn't* use. 

How f'ing stupid is that?

His comments show just how stupid America is when it comes to this idiotic witch hunt. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=3162301

------------------------------------------------------------

Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling called on Roger Clemens to give up the four Cy Young Awards he's won since 1997 if he can't clear his name from allegations that he used steroids to prolong and enhance his career.

"If he doesn't do that then there aren't many options as a fan for me other than to believe his career 192 wins and three Cy Youngs he won prior to 1997 were the end," Schilling wrote Wednesday in his blog, 38pitches.com. "From that point on the numbers were attained through using (performance-enhancing drugs). Just like I stated about Jose (Canseco), if that is the case with Roger, the four Cy Youngs should go to the rightful winners, and the numbers should go away if he cannot refute the accusations."

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: STFU Curt Schilling (for calling out Roger Clemens)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »
Schilling can go eat a fat dick.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »
What's wrong with what Schill said. I agree whole heartedly. If he cheated, he should give them back. Hell, these players are no different then Pete Rose. He gets villified for what he did as a manager too. These guys are still playing!!! Marion Jones cheated and had to give back her medals, that American Tour de France dude got caught and lost his title. Why is Roger any different??? Same thing with Bonds

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
 SOUNDS LIKE SCHILLING HAS THIS ALL WRONG.. IT IS NOT UP TO CLEMENS TO PROVE HEID NOT DO IT.. IT IS UP TO SCHILLING AND OTHER TO PROVE HE DID DO IT.. SINCE THERE WAS NO TESTING BACK THEN, HOW THE HELL IS HE SUPPOSED TO PROVE HIS INNOCENTS..

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »
What's wrong with what Schill said. I agree whole heartedly. If he cheated, he should give them back. Hell, these players are no different then Pete Rose. He gets villified for what he did as a manager too. These guys are still playing!!! Marion Jones cheated and had to give back her medals, that American Tour de France dude got caught and lost his title. Why is Roger any different??? Same thing with Bonds
problem with that is that you have to then prove that the second, third, fourth, etc. guy in line for the Cy Young behind him were clean and that's nearly impossible, again NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVEN.

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

You sir, are an idiot.
Hope this helps

Luga74

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
You sir, are an idiot.
Hope this helps
HAHA Thanks for playing....bye now

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »
Seriously you are clueless. 
So should world series winners be stripped if anyone on the team gets "accused" of juice?
Should we give it to the other team then?  What if someone on that team gets "accused"?
Get all those players from 10years ago back on the field to play 1 more game?
It is what it is, and everyone uses.
The only people who care are those who were never good enough to make it, and now they have a scapegoat for why everyone else was better.
In closing, you are pathetic.

Luga74

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »
last time I checked the Cy Young award, MVP, etc was an individual award. Schilling never said Clemens should give back his World Series ring...individual awards(ie-gold medals, Tour de France, CY Young, etc)....who's clueless now...must be a Yankees fan!!!

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »
Actually Marion Jones AND her teammates were ALL forced to give their medals back. 
No I'm not a yankees fan, but you're clearly a sox fan.  Ortiz is on shit, so.....

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
What's wrong with what Schill said. I agree whole heartedly. If he cheated, he should give them back.

So, the onus is on Clemens to prove his urine was clean 7 years ago??

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »
Luga was the best baseball player in all of little league. 
He would have been drafted by the Red Sox one day.....
but he refused to take "performance enhancing drugs"
Now he works for UPS, but is still a legend at the local batting cages.
 ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 07:09:15 PM »
last time I checked the Cy Young award, MVP, etc was an individual award. Schilling never said Clemens should give back his World Series ring...individual awards(ie-gold medals, Tour de France, CY Young, etc)....who's clueless now...must be a Yankees fan!!!

It's still a ridiculous challenge.  Go find your pee from 7-8 years ago and show me that it's clean.

Roger should have to do it as soon as Schilling proves that his trick ass was clean back then, too. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 07:12:50 PM »
It's still a ridiculous challenge.  Go find your pee from 7-8 years ago and show me that it's clean.

Roger should have to do it as soon as Schilling proves that his trick ass was clean back then, too. 
Exactly...odds are Schilling has taken something in the past too...maybe he's trying to position himself for a future witchhunt that points the finger at him. Even so, still an asshole move IMO.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 07:24:29 PM »
 being as how they were not a banned substance then.. he was not cheating.. baseball set the regulations.. if he was within the regulations, he was not cheating..

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
Schilling should give back his World Series ring that he won while playing for Arizona...Because as we know, Matt Williams used gear and played for them while winning the series...

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »
Schilling should give back his World Series ring that he won while playing for Arizona...Because as we know, Matt Williams used gear and played for them while winning the series...

Schilling and John Smoltz are essentially making good points.

They do go out of their way to say that they are Clemens fans.

However, they are saying it should really be simple for Roger to prove his 'cleanness'.

Stand up strong, offer to boldly take and pass any polygraph or other detection testing system MLB may have to offer, lay it on the line and tell the truth.

If the truth is that he was clean, he needn't posture anymore and put up the front he is currently erecting.

It would seem to be simple math. Maybe it isn't though. I don't know.

I am a fan of very few sports or athletes, for what it is worth.

Mike 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
Schilling and John Smoltz are essentially making good points.

They do go out of their way to say that they are Clemens fans.

However, they are saying it should really be simple for Roger to prove his 'cleanness'.

Stand up strong, offer to boldly take and pass any polygraph or other detection testing system MLB may have to offer, lay it on the line and tell the truth.

If the truth is that he was clean, he needn't posture anymore and put up the front he is currently erecting.

It would seem to be simple math. Maybe it isn't though. I don't know.

I am a fan of very few sports or athletes, for what it is worth.

Mike 

Everyone is missing the point.  It's not up to Clemens to "prove" anything...  his accusers have to prove their case, otherwise he's innocent until proven guilty.  That's the way it works in America, but it seems like the 50% of Americans with double-digit IQ's always forget that.  For example, I could publicly say, "Mike is a child mollester".  Would that mean that you ARE a child mollester unless you could prove that you're not?  Of course not...you don't have to prove anything in that case...  it is up to the person making the accusation to offer solid proof.

PS:  even if Clemens did have the burden of proof, which he doesn't, a polygraph doesn't prove anything...  they are notoriously unreliable, and can be beaten or give false positives which is why they are inadmissible in court.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »

Everyone is missing the point.  It's not up to Clemens to "prove" anything...  his accusers have to prove their case, otherwise he's innocent until proven guilty.

no ...you're missing the point,clemens is'nt dealing with the courts and the legal system.he's gonna be tried in the court of public opinion,and the same court of public opinion reaches into the writers that eventually vote him into the hall.....

an innocent man dos'nt send messages through his freaking lawyer,an innocent man faces the public as soon as the report was released IN FRONT OF CAMERAS and denies all allegations

rogers window for credibility was the first 24 hours after the claims were made public....

now he's stuck in damage control mode !

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 09:36:03 PM »
no ...you're missing the point,clemens is'nt dealing with the courts and the legal system.he's gonna be tried in the court of public opinion,and the same court of public opinion reaches into the writers that eventually vote him into the hall.....

an innocent man dos'nt send messages through his freaking lawyer,an innocent man faces the public as soon as the report was released IN FRONT OF CAMERAS and denies all allegations

roger window for credibility was the first 24 hours after the claims were made public....

now he's stuck in damage control mode !

It doesn't matter if it's a court case or not, the principle is the same.  Otherwise, anyone could accuse anyone of anything without any offer of solid proof, and it would just be accepted at face value.

Geo is a kiddy-diddler!  I don't have any proof, but it doesn't matter...  I said it, therefore you have to prove you're not!  If you can't, your new getbig.com name will henceforth be "Short-Eyes".   ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »

It doesn't matter if it's a court case or not, the principle is the same.  Otherwise, anyone could accuse anyone of anything without any offer of solid proof, and it would just be accepted at face value.

Geo is a kiddy-diddler!  I don't have any proof, but it doesn't matter...  I said it, therefore you have to prove you're not!  If you can't, your new getbig.com name will henceforth be "Short-Eyes".   ::)

well if I don't get into the kiddy didler hall of fame I'm probably gonna have to hunt ya down and kick ya in your pussy !

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »
well if I don't get into the kiddy didler hall of fame I'm probably gonna have to hunt ya down and kick ya in your pussy !

shut up, short-eyes!

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 10:02:21 PM »
Goatboy is right.  And the court of public opinion sure as hell cant force him to give his Cy Young's back. 
Steroids werent even banned when he's accused of taking them, and there is no way to PROVE who took what 10 years ago.  Clemens should just say "yes I took them, but I got them from Schilling".
Then tell curt to dig up some of his old urine to prove otherwise.  Its a fukin joke.

Moosejay

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »

Everyone is missing the point.  It's not up to Clemens to "prove" anything...  his accusers have to prove their case, otherwise he's innocent until proven guilty.  That's the way it works in America, but it seems like the 50% of Americans with double-digit IQ's always forget that.  For example, I could publicly say, "Mike is a child mollester".  Would that mean that you ARE a child mollester unless you could prove that you're not?  Of course not...you don't have to prove anything in that case...  it is up to the person making the accusation to offer solid proof.

PS:  even if Clemens did have the burden of proof, which he doesn't, a polygraph doesn't prove anything...  they are notoriously unreliable, and can be beaten or give false positives which is why they are inadmissible in court.

Your words ring somewhat true, Mr. Goatboy.

Why do you attack IQ's...?

I don't know what mine is, but I have several degrees plus doctorate...but that, too, is not the point.

Do remember this, for our Mr. Clemens, in particular:

"With every statement made, if true or not, there is germinated a seed of truth and belief in the minds of the beholders.

True or not; the burden of it being Clemens to prove or disprove or not, his Hall of Fame Goose may very well be cooked, fair or not.

If I were hnim, and was not  guilty, I would be out there taking every test in thge book and simply prove my innocence. It'd go a long way in the book of the BB HOF writers/voters.

He'd be doing something noone else has done, and he'd win big points in doing so. 

Mike

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
You guys are morons. Clemens needs to prove his innocence because the evidence of his drug purchases is very strong. That's why this is a big deal...the source that has put Clemens on Front Street has proven to be reliable. The allegations wouldn't be this strong if the witness that was given immunity wasn't legit.

Besides, Clemens is an asshole who everyone watching baseball knew was juiced. It's gonna be a long time before his fat head makes the HOF, and I for one am glad.

Fuckin' bunch of drug sympathizers on this board.
!