Author Topic: STFU Curt Schilling (for calling out Roger Clemens)  (Read 6615 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: STFU Curt Schilling (for calling out Roger Clemens)
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
don't be surprised if receipts and a paper trail eventually closes the door on all doubt here

I know that I always insist on a receipt when I pay my heroin dealer!
Ron: "I am lazy."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
If MLB really wanted to inform us, they should publish results of all the failed drug tests that showed the threshold for usage had exceeded what the MLPA and baseball decided was reasonable.  They have all of this information.

Instead, they hire a leading official from an MLB team who gets 70% of his information from one clubhouse drug dealer who was facing criminal charges.  It was a smokescreen to make them appear that they've taken some action.

The whole thing stinks, and I think, in time, the court of public opinion will look at this whole "investigation" as a complete farce.   It's credibility has already been tarnished and it's only been a little more that a week.
Y

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »
Few people have the time or interest to engage in that sort of crap.

What makes you think Roger is any different?  Like most Americans, he doesn't need the hassle. 
The hassle? Give me a break...if his legacy is on the line he should fight the allegations. But he won't, because he is GUILTY AS SIN. As someone else stated, the paper trail that a lawsuit would bring would remove all doubt...
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
The hassle? Give me a break...if his legacy is on the line he should fight the allegations. But he won't, because he is GUILTY AS SIN. As someone else stated, the paper trail that a lawsuit would bring would remove all doubt...
Among people with even basic common sense, his legacy is securely intact.

Among people with advanced common sense, no one cares whether he used or not...because they know many men get bigger as they get older.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »
Among people with even basic common sense, his legacy is securely intact.

Among people with advanced common sense, no one cares whether he used or not...because they know many men get bigger as they get older.
Keep telling yourself that when you see the shitstorm that will follow him at every stadium next year should he not retire. Not to mention the HOF denials he'll get when he becomes eligible. The bloated a-hole is finished. He can't even speak to Texas high school kids anymore.  :D

You may gain some weight as you age, but not the kind of weight Clemens gained. Not to mention how he improved as a pitcher late in his career.
!

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »
Few people have the time or interest to engage in that sort of crap.

What makes you think Roger is any different?  Like most Americans, he doesn't need the hassle. 

I have you news for you, Tre...Roger is already in hassle jail.  Schilling said on the radio if somebody named him he would sue the guy immediately.  If he can't address the specific allegations that macnamee has levelled he is gonna be fucked.

A few other points

Steroids and HGH have ALWAYS been against the MLB policy.  Prior to the steroid scandal, any drug taken without a prescription of a dr. is illegal.  I'm pretty sure healthy young males don't need winstrol and HGH.  Because of some of the psuedo dr's, dentists giving athletes prescriptions the rules were changed to specifically mention drugs that are illegal no matter the circumstances.

Clemens is making the same mistake bonds made...continuing to lie.  It will be the end of both of them.  Look at Giambi, he admitted to rampant use and all is forgiven.  WHERE ARE ALL THE PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT THE BONDS THING BEING RACE RELATED??? Same issue; same result; different skin color.

The guy saying clemens used is not just some random dude.  He was clemens personal guru.  They got together after clemens left the redsox around the same time his career rebounded.  He followed him to toronto, houston AND new york.  Wake up.

Schilling is pissed off because someone he looked up to turned out being a liar.  No way schilling is using any physique enhancing drug; he's skinny fat in a bad way

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »
Skinny Fat....such a great word and perfect for Schilling. If Roger truely was clean, he would have filed suit already. The most important reason he hasn't is because he/his attorneys are afraid having Roger on the stand. Under cross examining Roger could be demolished and he/his attorneys do not want that shit storm........

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2007, 06:16:12 PM »

Why would Roger need to 'take the stand' for any purpose?  He has absolutely nothing to prove.

It's a sad, sad statement when Americans stand ready to convict someone of a non-crime based on HEARSAY from an admitted criminal. 

What is the ethical argument against using HGH for any athlete that is beyond the high school level?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
He has absolutely nothing to prove.
Wrong. He has been accused of taken illegal drugs to extend his career.  His hall of fame status and cy youngs after '97 are in serious question right now = money and legacy is on the line.

It's a sad, sad statement when Americans stand ready to convict someone of a non-crime based on HEARSAY from an admitted criminal. 
Wrong. Non-crime?  According to whose definition? Taking steroids and HGH without a script is against the Law and MLB rules.

What is the ethical argument against using HGH for any athlete that is beyond the high school level?
It's pretty simple.  Drugs enhance performance.  For the same reason you're not allowed to spit on the baseball, you're not allowed to take drugs. Not sure what HGH or high school have to do with anything...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »
No way schilling is using any physique enhancing drug; he's skinny fat in a bad way

Here's a recent off-season pic of Schilling:

Ron: "I am lazy."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2007, 06:53:43 PM »
Wrong. He has been accused of taken illegal drugs to extend his career.  His hall of fame status and cy youngs after '97 are in serious question right now = money and legacy is on the line.

I repeat - his legacy is intact.  Hopefully by the time he's eligible for induction, the revered 'voters' will be at least somewhat educated about the subject.  Right now, they're part of the feeding frenzy, just because everyone else is and they don't want to be left out. 

Wrong. Non-crime?  According to whose definition? Taking steroids and HGH without a script is against the Law and MLB rules.
It's pretty simple.  Drugs enhance performance.  For the same reason you're not allowed to spit on the baseball, you're not allowed to take drugs. Not sure what HGH or high school have to do with anything...

I say 'high school', but you could just as easily replace that with '18 years old'.  We define 18 as the age of majority nationwide, so it stands to reason that we would not allow minors to make the choice to take HGH without permission or prescription. 

But when it comes to adults, I have a hard time understanding what's ethically wrong with using HGH.  It helps to speed up the body's recovery time, correct?  And do not Americans demand this of our athletic 'heroes'? 

So, for doing what we have for so long demanded, they must be vilified and labeled as criminals?

That sounds distinctly un-American to me. 

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2007, 08:01:21 PM »
he played on celebrity jeopardy against cyndi lauper and urkle or something and he was obliterated into a negative balance the entire game. ::)  what a slope head.  ::)     

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2007, 08:03:54 PM »
I repeat - his legacy is intact.  Hopefully by the time he's eligible for induction, the revered 'voters' will be at least somewhat educated about the subject.  Right now, they're part of the feeding frenzy, just because everyone else is and they don't want to be left out. 

too funny

pure mindlessness

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2007, 08:58:41 PM »

too funny

pure mindlessness
indeed...talk about your delusional steroid sympathizers... :D Tre's been around the bodybuilding world too long.
!

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2007, 09:55:17 AM »
Two things are for sure:

1) Roger Clemens is juiced to the gills

2) Tre is a one gay douchebag
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
 When I read Curt Schilling calling out Roger Clemens off The Sports network web site I was thinking was a DUMB ASS SHIT Schilling is for calling out Clemens..I would have to agree with that Clemens has nothing to prove.

Moosejay

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »
Then Clemens should sue for slander. Why won't he?  ::)

This isn't a court of law. MLB doesn't have to prove jack shit, you fat racist. They have the goods on Clemens and others.

Good point.

However, if he sues for slander, the opposition with subpeana everyone and their mother to try to discreditb him. The resultant bad PR will be enough to irretrievably besmirch his name forever.

Mike

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2007, 08:48:14 PM »
I guess schilling isnt including the facts that he took drugs during the first world series to enhance his performance, he took localized injects of cortizone, painkillers and other agents, all taken to enhance his performance so he could pitch during the world series........he's a fucking joke.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
I guess schilling isnt including the facts that he took drugs during the first world series to enhance his performance, he took localized injects of cortizone, painkillers and other agents, all taken to enhance his performance so he could pitch during the world series........he's a fucking joke.

100% correct.

All the witch hunters are a joke and they need to be called out for exactly what they are. 

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2007, 02:58:47 AM »
100% correct.

All the witch hunters are a joke and they need to be called out for exactly what they are. 

Hey Tre,

What's your real beef with Schilling?  Did he spit his dip on top of your mother's head during one of those bullpen bj's  :-\

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2007, 07:53:49 AM »
Hey Tre,

What's your real beef with Schilling? 

It's really quite simple - I am an American and I abhor un-American behavior.

I'm not sure what your nationality is, but witch hunts like these represent sad chapters in American history and history has *always* proven them to be without merit.

This latest case is no different. 

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
It's really quite simple - I am an American and I abhor un-American behavior.

I'm not sure what your nationality is, but witch hunts like these represent sad chapters in American history and history has *always* proven them to be without merit.

This latest case is no different. 

Tre,

Don't confuse the judicial requirement for guilt with overwhelming evidence of guilt.  Kirk Radmomski and Brian McNamee went before the Feds and Senator George Mitchell, 2 institutions that you do not fuck with.  They had absolutely no motive for lying, in fact, if they were caught lying, their immunity deals were off and they were going straight to the hooskow.  Do you really believe that Clemens maintained that power well into his 40's without the use of AAS? That's just plain naive.   Do you notice that only a couple of the 90 or so players are opening their mouths to protest this report.  For the most part, they know they got caught and they are wise to sit back and shut the fuck up until it blows over.  What I find more offensive than a witch hunt, is when some arrogant piece of shit like Clemens wags his finger in our faces and professes his innocence to us in the face of OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, taking us all for a bunch of brain dead yokels  >:(

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »

Tre,

Don't confuse the judicial requirement for guilt with overwhelming evidence of guilt.  Kirk Radmomski and Brian McNamee went before the Feds and Senator George Mitchell, 2 institutions that you do not fuck with.  They had absolutely no motive for lying, in fact, if they were caught lying, their immunity deals were off and they were going straight to the hooskow.  Do you really believe that Clemens maintained that power well into his 40's without the use of AAS? That's just plain naive.   Do you notice that only a couple of the 90 or so players are opening their mouths to protest this report.  For the most part, they know they got caught and they are wise to sit back and shut the fuck up until it blows over.  What I find more offensive than a witch hunt, is when some arrogant piece of shit like Clemens wags his finger in our faces and professes his innocence to us in the face of OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, taking us all for a bunch of brain dead yokels  >:(

Ahhhhh....there is some signs of intelligent life after all...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

1) Just because a person may have purchased something does not mean they ever used it.  That's just common sense.

2) No one has been 'caught' doing anything.  Most people are quiet about the issue, because they don't have to defend themselves against anything or for any purpose. 

3) Your assertion that the hearsay 'evidence' providers have no reason to lie does not pass the litmus test.  In the case of McNamee, I have not heard him say that he has administered any substance to anyone (correct me if I'm wrong on that).  My understanding is that he was responsible for providing advice to his clients about certain products. 

4) NO ONE has provided an ethical argument against the use of HGH. 

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »
1) Just because a person may have purchased something does not mean they ever used it.  That's just common sense.

2) No one has been 'caught' doing anything.  Most people are quiet about the issue, because they don't have to defend themselves against anything or for any purpose. 

3) Your assertion that the hearsay 'evidence' providers have no reason to lie does not pass the litmus test.  In the case of McNamee, I have not heard him say that he has administered any substance to anyone (correct me if I'm wrong on that).  My understanding is that he was responsible for providing advice to his clients about certain products. 

4) NO ONE has provided an ethical argument against the use of HGH. 

Tre,

Clearly you havent bothered to read any of the excerpts of the Mitchell Report regarding Clemens.  McNamee details the DATES, DRUGS, DOSAGES AND INJECTION SITES that he ADMINISTERED to Clemens.  Since you don't have any of the facts of the case correct, I can assume that you will go back and do some reading.