Author Topic: Squadfather vs. OnlyMe Threads... get a room guys!  (Read 38336 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Squadfather vs. OnlyMe Threads... get a room guys!
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaaa aa, i laughed so hard when i read this i thought i was gonna pass out. ;D

Chuck met Helio Gracie back in the late 80's when he went to Brazil.  Helio actually took Chuck down and put him in a move where Chuck could  not move.  Chuck was so impressed he started taking it.  He later repsected the Gracies so much he would fly them in for his annual karate tournament in Las Vegas each year.  I can't remember exactly how Chuck met Rorian, but I think I might have had something to do with it.  I was taking lessons from Rorian back in 1987 or 88 in his garage.  Way before most of you ever heard the Gracies.  I introduced a guy named Pat Jordan to Rorian which in turn ended up becoming a huge article publsihed in Playboy magazine that Pat did.  That's when the hype started with the Gracies.  Chuck really like the BJJ but he is someone who like the traditional more.  Rorian tried to get jiujitsu into Hollywood.  My friend Craig Kukuk and Royce did a short promo video they sent to the studios and around town.  But most people just didn't see the Hollywood excitement in it.  Rorian finally got it in a movie called Lethal Weapon.  They hired Rorian to help choreograph the fight scenes.  He said he would do it but insisted they used jiu-jitsu.  When you watch the film and Dan Glover says something about using jiu-jitsu, it was Rorian who had them change it.  That got the ball rolling for the Gracies.  Also, putting out an ad challenging all Navy Seals was another very good promotion that put them on the map.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
Re: HAHAHHA, OH BROTHER NOW ONLYME SAYS HE WAS TRAINED BY THE GRACIES!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »
Private lessons from Rorian in his garage eh ::)
shotgun on the team

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
Keith did actually take a few lessons with Rorian back in the late 80s.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA! that pic of his food stained shit and nasty yellow fingernails never gets old.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
Keith actually discovered penicillin as well. Next up he plans to conquer interstellar space travel and then on to time travel.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 10:00:43 AM »
This was taken immediately after the first warmup set of jumping jacks.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
Keith actually discovered penicillin as well. Next up he plans to conquer interstellar space travel and then on to time travel.
I also heard his sweat cures cancer.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 10:02:31 AM »

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!   I haven't truly laughed out loud in a long time!!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »
In Keiths defense, I met Keth about 8-9 years ago, when he was in good shape. He was at a store called the Wild Cheetah ,nutirion store promoting a supplement line he was starting.I will say this Keith was a nice guy, and was very big, muscular wise.He had some photos, and even showed me his SAG card ( screen actors guild card) .He alsdo had a really nice large buissnes card with pics of him on sets of movies and him in arm wrestling competitions.Keith you should post some pics, of when you were in shape, and when you were on movie sets.
Keith maybe over weight now, but when I saw him he was about 300 lbs, and pretty fucking solid. I would say his arms were about 21-22 inches, and his chest was atleast 58" he was a house !!!At the time I was around 250lbs, and he alot bigger then I was.
I know people tease Keith now, but if this guy gets back in shape he would easily be the biggest getbigger on this board.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »
Holy shit he does that shit IRL ;D

Trust me Keith already is the biggest Get bigger ;D

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »
Ive been on this board for nearly 10 years now and i tell ya anyone whos anyone Onlyme has either trained with them, coached them, or at the very least is good friends with them!  ::)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
His time has come and gone, it is Brad Pitts turn to bask in the glory now
TEAM Nasser

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
In Keiths defense, I met Keth about 8-9 years ago, when he was in good shape. He was at a store called the Wild Cheetah ,nutirion store promoting a supplement line he was starting.I will say this Keith was a nice guy, and was very big, muscular wise.He had some photos, and even showed me his SAG card ( screen actors guild card) .He alsdo had a really nice large buissnes card with pics of him on sets of movies and him in arm wrestling competitions.Keith you should post some pics, of when you were in shape, and when you were on movie sets.
Keith maybe over weight now, but when I saw him he was about 300 lbs, and pretty fucking solid. I would say his arms were about 21-22 inches, and his chest was atleast 58" he was a house !!!At the time I was around 250lbs, and he alot bigger then I was.
I know people tease Keith now, but if this guy gets back in shape he would easily be the biggest getbigger on this board.

Hi Keith!!!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
hahaaha

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »
His time has come and gone, it is Brad Pitts turn to bask in the glory now

Brad Pitt is the spawn of kieths' loins.  If you dont believe me just ask him.

Jason

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »
I liked Fight Club.  Want that robe he wore too
X

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 10:32:29 AM »
I liked Fight Club.  Want that robe he wore too

The ones with the coffee mugs on it?

I swear to god I know a kid that has one from the movie.  Its a long ass story though.

Jason

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »
yeah that's the one.  I was going to buy it...interested in the story
X

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 11:36:06 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa, i laughed so hard when i read this i thought i was gonna pass out. ;D

Now unlike all you haters think, this is actually a true story. To be precise, Onlyme was being modest here, it was actually HIM giving Rorian lessons. When i was going through some old Fighter magazines, i came across to this photo about one of their training sessions.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
jiu-jitsu is so not exciting to watch

2 guys rubbing each other rolling around on mats  :-\

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 12:08:08 AM »
when he says Chuck, I'm guessing Norris right...Because Chuck Norris just recently stated that UFC type MMA is boring as hell when they go to the ground...That doesn't sound like something a person who loved the gracies and trained with them would say...Although maybe he was just trying to promote his new league...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »
when he says Chuck, I'm guessing Norris right...Because Chuck Norris just recently stated that UFC type MMA is boring as hell when they go to the ground...That doesn't sound like something a person who loved the gracies and trained with them would say...Although maybe he was just trying to promote his new league...

it would be pretty boring to people who have no idea about the grappling arts (which comprises approximately 99% of the target audience), but the fact is, with the rules the way they are ie no butting, gouging or biting, most fights will be won or lost on the ground. the ground game for a true jiu jitsu practitioner is like a game of chess.

for americans, who grow up with a constant diet of fiction movies of the type bruce lee, jean claude and chuck norris used to make, doing a flash super quick spinning back kick to the head represents the true fighter, but in reality anyone stupid enough to attempt that kick on anyone but a catatonic street warb, is leaving themselves wide open for a severe owning.

norris is merely doing what he's done his whole life, appealing to the lowest common denominator. as a fighter he makes a great actor and he sucks at acting.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 12:39:51 AM »

You may not know this but the quote was actually in reference to a thread that was about this statement by chuck.  If you click on the "Quote from: Onlyme" bit at the start of the quote you will be taken to the original thread.

(I'm not suggesting you definitely do not know that - I'm just saying, what you're talking about it exactly the subject in which he chose to weigh in with one of his stories in the first place).

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 12:50:45 AM »
You have no idea what you're talking about. Chuck Norris has a black belt in bjj. Onlyme is right about him training in bjj before most had heard of it in the U.S.
!

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 02:13:53 AM »
Now unlike all you haters think, this is actually a true story. To be precise, Onlyme was being modest here, it was actually HIM giving Rorian lessons. When i was going through some old Fighter magazines, i came across to this photo about one of their training sessions.
Holy shit that guy is huge